Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"

Go down 
+32
ShadowAngel
mc666
muckie
metalinmyveins
chewie
tohostudios
Eyesore
mr.electric39
Runicen
akeldama
James B.
Addy
BubbaTwoSix
corplhicks
Gilbert
Vexer6
666_Evil_666
Hadley
Required Fields
glassprison
thejokeriv
nevermore
Boris2008
Witchfinder
Glower
MetalGuy71
Lari
manny
MoonChild
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Empty
PostSubject: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 9:59 pm

Geez, the lads can't catch a break. Malcolm gets dementia, Phil Rudd tries to kill a dude, and now this.

AC/DC Forced To Postpone Ten Shows Or Risk 'Total Hearing Loss' For Singer BRIAN JOHNSON

AC/DC has been forced to reschedule the ten upcoming dates on the U.S. leg of its "Rock Or Bust" world tour. AC/DC lead singer Brian Johnson has been advised by doctors to stop touring immediately or risk total hearing loss.

Tomorrow's show in Atlanta through Madison Square Garden in New York, NY in early April will be made up later in the year, likely with a guest vocalist. More information regarding these rescheduled shows to come. Current ticket holders can hold on to their tickets for the rescheduled dates or receive a refund at point of purchase.

Dates to be rescheduled:

March 08 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
March 11 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - BB&T Center
March 14 - Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Coliseum
March 17 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center
March 20 - Detroit, MI - The Palace
March 23 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
March 26 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
March 29 - Buffalo, NY - First Niagara Center
April 01 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
April 04 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

...yikes! That doesn't sound good. I can't imagine the idea of them making up the dates with a "guest vocalist" going over very well, esp. at today's ticket prices.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 10:09 pm

I just saw this on Sleazeroxx. Damn! I really hope it's not the end of the road for Brian and the band.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 3:33 am

hmmmm, sad.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 4:33 am

I don't see a guest vocalist going over well either. AC/DC was the first band I loved, but in my opinion, if Johnson can recover, they should continue with him and maybe announce that this is it for the band.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 5:19 am

I don't know if you can recover from hearing damage. He's basically stopping so he won't lose what's left of it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39509

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 7:39 am

Man that is some bad news. Too bad for him and the band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 9:41 am

Man, this sucks! I was gonna see the Philly show.

Lari wrote:
I don't know if you can recover from hearing damage. He's basically stopping so he won't lose what's left of it.

Yea, that not really something you can recover from, is it? Even if he takes some time off, the first show back and Angus hits a power chord, he's back to square one.

Guest singers? Jim Breuer is anxiously sitting by his phone.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3167

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 5:46 pm

I can't believe Brian Johnson, of all people, of all bands, didn't wear earplugs during all this - those cannons - are f'n loud bro - 15 years ago, I almost fell off my seat that I was standing on - BOOM - and those cannons go off - maybe 21 times - that's A LOT of concerts - the crowd is louder than the band when they hit the stage - imagine that one - and that's 40 years EASY of jamming out - he's Robert Plant's age, I thought Lemmy would be stone deaf forever - but this news is NOT surprising - even one of the HOM members says he was a bassist - and the side he was standing, ear closest to drummer, is way off now - I should talk though...I do blast metal in my car - at a certain level - continually - I just love it like that AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  56834
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 6:11 pm

Quote :
I can't believe Brian Johnson, of all people, of all bands, didn't wear earplugs during all this - those cannons - are f'n loud bro - 15 years ago, I almost fell off my seat that I was standing on - BOOM

You ain't kiddin'. AC/DC's Blow Up Your Video tour in 1988 was my second concert ever, and I will NEVER forget how friggin loud those cannons were. By the second BOOM I was putting my fingers in my ears and screamin' "HO-LEE @#$%!" Hahaha. I swear I was still feeling the vibrations in my gut as we walked out of the arena. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 6:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
I can't believe Brian Johnson, of all people, of all bands, didn't wear earplugs during all this - those cannons - are f'n loud bro - 15 years ago, I almost fell off my seat that I was standing on - BOOM

You ain't kiddin'. AC/DC's Blow Up Your Video tour in 1988 was my second concert ever, and I will NEVER forget how friggin loud those cannons were. By the second BOOM I was putting my fingers in my ears and screamin' "HO-LEE @#$%!" Hahaha. I swear I was still feeling the vibrations in my gut as we walked out of the arena. Laughing very hard

I remember when I saw them on the Ballbreaker tour that my shirt was literally jumping up and down from the concussion of the cannons. Thankfully, I had started wearing earplugs to shows by that point!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 9:36 pm

For the record, Brian says it's racing engines that blew out his hearing, not music...

Quote :
During an appearance on "The Howard Stern Show" in November 2014, Johnson denied that his hearing loss was a result of playing with his bandmates. He said: "I've got hearing loss in my left ear. [But] I didn't get it from music. I got it from sitting in a racecar [for] too long without earplugs.

"I heard my eardrum burst because I forgot to put my plugs in under my helmet. That's how it happened.

"Music had nothing to do with it ... I was dizzy, my middle ear had gone, and I took my helmet off and there was blood coming out and I'd burst my eardrum."

...although standing in front of a wall of Marshall's and cannons going off for the last 30+ years or so might be partially to blame as well.

Either way, it sounds painful and not really something you can recover from. Just ask Jeff Beck

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 11:14 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he wore earplugs when on stage.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 11:25 pm

He should just pack it in, they all should. They have been great and they have made squillions but these guys are falling to pieces!

I couldn't do without my hearing, there isn't anything I wouldn't do to preserve it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 9:58 am

If the internet is to be believed (and why shouldn't it?), rumors are starting to surface that Brian has reluctantly quit the band due to the hearing loss thing.

Seeing how secretive they were about Malcolm's condition, I don't expect the band to be real forthcoming about this new development. Guess we'll wait and see.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 11:19 am

As mush as I hate to say it, I think these guys should call it a day. These guys are legends and nothing can ever replace that. There's a point when you have to unfortunately stop. With Malcolm and now Brian gone it's at that point for AC/DC.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 8:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
For the record, Brian says it's racing engines that blew out his hearing, not music...

Quote :
During an appearance on "The Howard Stern Show" in November 2014, Johnson denied that his hearing loss was a result of playing with his bandmates. He said: "I've got hearing loss in my left ear. [But] I didn't get it from music. I got it from sitting in a racecar [for] too long without earplugs.

"I heard my eardrum burst because I forgot to put my plugs in under my helmet. That's how it happened.

"Music had nothing to do with it ... I was dizzy, my middle ear had gone, and I took my helmet off and there was blood coming out and I'd burst my eardrum."

...although standing in front of a wall of Marshall's and cannons going off for the last 30+ years or so might be partially to blame as well.

Either way, it sounds painful and not really something you can recover from. Just ask Jeff Beck

Race car? Right, that's about as believable as Pete Townsend saying his hearing loss is from using headphone especially in the studio.......
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 9:08 am

Blabbermouth sez that "Original" AC/DC singer Dave Evans (whose lone contribution to AC/DC canon was the 1974 "Can I Sit Next To You Girl/Rockin' In the Parlour" single, prior to the hiring of Bon Scott) has volunteered his services to fill Brian's vocal slot.

I have a feeling that Angus' response would be "Dave who? Oh, yeah...that guy. We lost his phone number years ago, on purpose."

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 9:51 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Blabbermouth sez that "Original" AC/DC singer Dave Evans (whose lone contribution to AC/DC canon was the 1974 "Can I Sit Next To You Girl/Rockin' In the Parlour" single, prior to the hiring of Bon Scott) has volunteered his services to fill Brian's vocal slot.

I have a feeling that Angus' response would be "Dave who? Oh, yeah...that guy. We lost his phone number years ago, on purpose."

Angus should contact Toho, he knows about a million bands who have singers who sound like Brian/Bon lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 9:55 am

^^ lol!

AC/DC doesn't need to contact Toho...if they were truly serious about making up those cancelled tour dates with a "guest singer," then dudes are gonna start coming out of the wood work going "Me! Me! Pick me!"

I've also recently read that "Skenie" of The Poor (the "More Wine Waiter Please" guys from the mid 90s) has offered his vocal services as well. If memory serves, the Poor's drummer was Angus & Malcolm's nephew. They opened for AC/DC the last time I saw them on the Ballbreaker tour in '95/'96 and everyone in the place was like "Gee, I wonder how they got this tour?" Haha. So that dude would likely have an "in."

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 10:15 am

If he still sounds like this they really could do worse than this guy.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 10:38 am

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :

Race car? Right, that's about as believable as Pete Townsend saying his hearing loss is from using headphone especially in the studio.......

Eh, I can see it. I used to go to Pocono Raceway as a kid and see dragsters. Those things are loud as f**k in the stands. I can't imagine what it's like sitting behind the wheel.

As for a "guest vocalist", that's gonna be a tough one to pull off. This ain't like going to see some half-assed 80's tribute bar band. If I'm paying upwards of $140 bucks a ticket, I want the real deal. Or at the very least, name recognition. Anyone call Ripper Owens yet? Razz

They're in quite a pickle. They're gonna lose a lot of money if they cancel these already-booked arenas. If they somehow finish this round, it's time to give it up the "world tour" concept. Record in the studio, then play an occasional festival or 2. Or just close the book on AC/DC altogether. I'm ready for an Angus solo album.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3167

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 11:04 am

First, AC/DC needs no more money at all....the Youngs are one of the richest families in Australia.And to see - one of AC/DC's LAST shows....with a guest singer - would be bragging rights for sure - AC/DC Highway to Hell ticket stub is $140 - lol - Angus would be mighty - during those shows - though - and fans would be just as mighty - 'For Those About To Rock' would take on a new meaning, those nights. I salute whatever Angus agrees to !
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 10:25 am

This is really sad news. I was able to see one of their last shows with Brian a few weeks ago in Chicago and they sounded great. It was my first time seeing them and I'm glad I had the opportunity.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 11:04 am

Some interesting choices for guest vocalist here...

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/features/2016-03-08/8-singers-that-could-be-ac-dc-s-guest-vocalist

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 12:28 pm

My favorite not at all serious choice that was in the comments was Joan Jett. I would actually pay to see JJ front AC/DC.

Not going to happen though, my money is on the Airbourne guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"    AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC Forced to Postpone Tour or Brian J. risks "Total Hearing Loss"
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next