Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Extended Versions

Go down 
+18
Dark Horseman
mikeinfla
Grimmo
James B.
ShadowAngel
jettafiend
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
manny
Metal Misfit
arttieTHE1manparty
Thrasher73
mr.electric39
ultmetal
mc666
kmorg
spiritoradio
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Extended Versions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extended Versions   Extended Versions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:13 pm

Extended versions sponsored by Extenze. Keeps your hose from going limp when you water your garden.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Extended Versions   Extended Versions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 8:42 am

Extended Versions - Page 3 83628

I picked up the Stryper edition of "Extended Versions" from GoHastings for $1.25 this past week. I'm told that the tracks are lifted from the previous "7 Weeks Live in America" release, but that's fine by me cuz I never bothered to pick that one up.

Added Bonuses: my least favorite Stryper track, "The Sing-Along Song," is the opening track on the "7 Weeks" album but didn't make the cut for the "Extended Versions"...thank goodness. I HATE that friggin' song. On the other hand, the "E.V." disc has one track on it ("More Than A Man") that wasn't on "7 Weeks."

I also picked up a Dokken disc called "Yesterday & Today," which seems to be part of a similar series of live-rehash compilation discs - half of the tracks were lifted from the "One Live Night" release (which I own) and the other half from the "Live From The Sun" disc (which I don't.) The Yesterday & Today discs (RateYourMusic also shows a Styx volume in this series) were also released by Sony/BMG, who are also the makers of the "E.V." series. Soooooo.... why this Dokken disc wasn't simply released as an "Extended Versions" is anybody's guess, I suppose.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Extended Versions   Extended Versions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:47 pm

I bought the Cinderella one when it came out because it was unavailable in another other format at that time; luckily the full show was eventually released by another label.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Extended Versions   Extended Versions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 10:49 am

glassprison wrote:
I bought the Cinderella one when it came out because it was unavailable in another other format at that time; luckily the full show was eventually released by another label.

Yea, the Frontiers Records version (Live at Mohegan Sun) has nicer packaging and four extra tracks, but when the Extended Versions disc can be had for five bucks or less and the Frontiers release is full CD price, screw it, I'm voting with my wallet. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Extended Versions   Extended Versions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 2:36 pm

I've got the Damn Yankees "Extended Versions" CD comin' to me in the mail from GoHastings sometime this week. I swear, these damn things are like potato chips, you can't have just one Very Happy

I took this sudden bout of Extended Versions Mania to mean that I should write a blog entry about collecting the series... like to read it? Here it go.

Extended Versions - Page 3 8785101_f520
http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/A-Guide-to-Collecting-SonyBMGs-Extended-Versions-CDs

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Extended Versions   Extended Versions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 9:56 am

I've added a few more "Extended Versions" to my collection since I last posted - I got Ted Nugent's a couple of weeks ago and I'm waiting for Krokus' to arrive in the mail. Got 'em both for less than three bucks incl. postage, can't beat that with a stick.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Extended Versions   Extended Versions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 3:23 pm

I was in FYE yesterday and saw this in the racks...

Extended Versions - Page 3 51JJEzvm46L

What struck me as odd was the Dee Snider chrome skull solo logo plastered on a pic of Dee in all his Twisted glory. To make things even more confusing, it's listed as a Dee Snider collection, but the track list is all Twisted songs. Not a single "solo" Dee song in the bunch.

After I got home, I did a little investigating and came to the conclusion that this Dee Snider Extended Versions is nothing more than an abbreviated version of Dee's live solo album...
Extended Versions - Page 3 51OSA5si90L

Since this is out-of-print and a bit of a rarity these days, I guess the Extended Versions is a cheap alternative. As long as you don't mind less tracks and presumably bad language edited out.

Just thought I'd share this little nugget of info. You can thank me later.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Extended Versions   Extended Versions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 4:18 pm

^^ I was aware of the Dee Snider "E.V." but I've never actually seen a copy anywhere. I wouldn't mind owning it actually cuz that live SMFs disc is a pricey collectible nowadays if I'm not mistaken.

I saw Dee Snider's SMFs live once many years ago, they were badass. I believe he had Derek Tailer (now in Overkill) on guitar.

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Extended Versions   Extended Versions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 10:48 pm

I would really like to hear that Dee Snider SMF live album!

[EDIT] Turns out it's up on youtube in full:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Extended Versions   Extended Versions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 10:32 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^ I was aware of the Dee Snider "E.V." but I've never actually seen a copy anywhere. I wouldn't mind owning it actually cuz that live SMFs disc is a pricey collectible nowadays if I'm not mistaken.

I think it was $6.99 at the FYE I was at, but you can probably find it pretty cheap on Amazon.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Extended Versions   Extended Versions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 10:34 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I think it was $6.99 at the FYE I was at, but you can probably find it pretty cheap on Amazon.

Yep, it's been on the never-ending want list for a while. It's not a high priority by any means but I'll get to it eventually.... Razz

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Extended Versions   Extended Versions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 7:13 am

Apparently Sony/BMG is still crankin' out new additions to the "Extended Versions" series (who knew?)... I just came across this Halford disc on Amazon, released in late 2015:

Extended Versions - Page 3 71%2BErDHIaUL._SL1500_

Wow, the graphic design dept. really put in some overtime on this one Laughing very hard

The Amazon info is skimpy but if I had to take a wild guess, I'd wager that the tracks on this were most likely pulled from Rob's "Live Insurrection" disc from 2001.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Extended Versions   Extended Versions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 8:10 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I was in FYE yesterday and saw this in the racks...

Extended Versions - Page 3 51JJEzvm46L

What struck me as odd was the Dee Snider chrome skull solo logo plastered on a pic of Dee in all his Twisted glory. To make things even more confusing, it's listed as a Dee Snider collection, but the track list is all Twisted songs. Not a single "solo" Dee song in the bunch.

After I got home, I did a little investigating and came to the conclusion that this Dee Snider Extended Versions is nothing more than an abbreviated version of Dee's live solo album...
Extended Versions - Page 3 51OSA5si90L

Since this is out-of-print and a bit of a rarity these days, I guess the Extended Versions is a cheap alternative. As long as you don't mind less tracks and presumably bad language edited out.

Just thought I'd share this little nugget of info. You can thank me later.

I bought the Dee Snider extended versions at FYE a few years ago. I knew he did a solo tour, so I was a bit surprised to see a live album of any form existed of his solo tour. Grabbed it, its fun little release but not something you are going to gravitate to when you are in the mood for Twisted Sister music.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Extended Versions   Extended Versions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 11:13 am

I have a bunch of these (pretty much the same ones everyone else has, Anthrax, Deth, Cinderella) and I like 'em well enough. Like FF says, they are cheap enough alternatives, but most are watered down versions and/or edited content. The few that are unreleased (Molly Hatchet, Damn Yankess) are really cool. The collector in me struggles with buying up a bunch as mere collectables where the connoisseur in me only wants the functional ones. By the way, FF, the Vixen one you mentioned on page 1 is going for $20-$40 now. Sheesh.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Extended Versions   Extended Versions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 12:03 pm

the sentinel wrote:
By the way, FF, the Vixen one you mentioned on page 1 is going for $20-$40 now. Sheesh.

Dang! And to think I could've gotten it for a buck and change just a few short years ago! Laughing very hard

Speaking of Extended Versions, I have a new one coming to me from GoHastings - on a whim I threw the Triumph edition in with my order yesterday.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Extended Versions   Extended Versions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 3:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Apparently Sony/BMG is still crankin' out new additions to the "Extended Versions" series (who knew?)... I just came across this Halford disc on Amazon, released in late 2015:

Extended Versions - Page 3 71%2BErDHIaUL._SL1500_

Wow, the graphic design dept. really put in some overtime on this one Laughing very hard

The Amazon info is skimpy but if I had to take a wild guess, I'd wager that the tracks on this were most likely pulled from Rob's "Live Insurrection" disc from 2001.

Here's where the tracks come from:

Tracks 1-7 & 9 from the album Live Insurrection (2009)
Track 8 from the album Live At Saitama Super Arena (2011)
Track 10 from the album Live In Anaheim, released in 2010
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Extended Versions   Extended Versions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 3:59 pm

Okay. I got all those already then. Thanks, WF. I might grab the Dee Snider one though as it's an affordable alternative to the SMF live album which has gone up in price the last few years. Glad I scored two Dee solo discs for $5 each a few years back from a local comic shop.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Extended Versions   Extended Versions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 4:16 pm

These damn things are 10 to 12 bucks for the common ones on Amazon.ca - man Canadian retailers suck a$$ Razz
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Extended Versions   Extended Versions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 4:56 pm

Thanks for the scoop, WF. I already own Halford's Live Insurrection but not the Anaheim or Saitama Super Arena discs...still, I can't see myself bothering with that Extended Versions just for two tracks I don't have.

(begin shameless plug)

Armed with this new info from WitchFinder, I updated my HubPage blog about colelecting the Extended Versions series by adding Halford to the list of available hard rock/metal artists:

http://hubpages.com/entertainment/A-Guide-to-Collecting-SonyBMGs-Extended-Versions-CDs

(end shameless plug)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extended Versions   Extended Versions - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Extended Versions
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3