Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)

Go down 
+7
stepcousin
Schbopo
GrandNational
QuothTheRaven
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
TheGooch
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Favourite Beatles Album (UK Versions)
Please Please Me
Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Vote_lcap0%Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
With the Beatles
Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Vote_lcap0%Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
A Hard Days Night
 0% [ 0 ]
Beatles For Sale
Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Vote_lcap6%Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Help
 0% [ 0 ]
Rubber Soul
Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Vote_lcap24%Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Vote_rcap
 24% [ 4 ]
Revolver
 0% [ 0 ]
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band
Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Vote_lcap29%Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Magical Mystery Tour
Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Vote_lcap6%Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
White Album
Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Vote_lcap18%Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Yellow Submarine
 0% [ 0 ]
Abbey Road
 6% [ 1 ]
Let it Be
Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Vote_lcap11%Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:01 pm

I thought it would be about time for a Beatles album shootout owing to how difficult it is to pick

I love all these albums in their own ways. There is a Beatle Album for every mood. Overall Sgt Pepper is the one i come back to most so i will say thats my fave

I searched for this and found no threads like it so please dont flame if it already exists
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:03 pm

Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Beatles_for_sale.......for me. I prefer the earlier, poppier Beatles.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:14 pm

I've always been partial to Sgt Peppers.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:37 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Beatles_for_sale.......for me. I prefer the earlier, poppier Beatles.

i love this album. i have a mono vinyl reissue and the remastered cd. honey dont, no reply, babys in black, eight day a week are great beatles tracks
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:57 pm

I went with Rubber Soul, closely edging out Revolver. Rubber Soul started to see the Beatles slowly transition from poppier music to more mature, thought-out tunes and some studio experimentation while maintaining their earlier pop elements.

While I had my dad's old vinyls for years, I think Rubber Soul was the first Beatles album that I purchased in the cd format. It was either that one or Revolver. I can't remember now.

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:14 pm

Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) MainImage
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:46 pm

i like revolver but never as much as it is lauded
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 4:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I went with Rubber Soul, closely edging out Revolver. Rubber Soul started to see the Beatles slowly transition from poppier music to more mature, thought-out tunes and some studio experimentation while maintaining their earlier pop elements.

While I had my dad's old vinyls for years, I think Rubber Soul was the first Beatles album that I purchased in the cd format. It was either that one or Revolver. I can't remember now.

What he said! I could have picked anything from Rubber Soul through Abbey Road, though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:29 pm

The Beatles never released a bad album as far as I'm concerned. Just depending on my mood as to whether I want light & poppy or mature & experimental. Rubber Soul seems to stradle that fence nicely.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:33 pm

Rubber Soul and Revolver were the first 2 Beatles albums I bought together when I was 17, so Rubber Soul gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:48 pm

Roll up, roll up, for the magical mystery tour....
Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Magical_mystery_tour1

1. Magical Mystery Tour
2. Help
3. Rubber Soul
4. Sgt. Pepper's
5. Let It Be....Naked
6. Revolver
7. Beatles For Sale
9. The White Album
10. Abbey Road
11. A Hard Day's Night
12. With The Beatles
13. Yellow Submarine
14. Let It Be
15. Please Please Me

Last edited by Schbopo on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:14 pm

my favoriteera was '65-'67, basicaaly "Help" to "Magical Mystery Tour", although I love every album they ever made.
I voted for Sgt. Peppers although I couldve easily picked "Rubber Soul" or maybe "Revolver".

I really love the singles from the '65=67 era that are on Past Masters disc 2, maybe the first 5 or 6 songs. Man, I wish I'd have been alive back in late 1966. They just got done touring Japan and "Revolver" was hot. I wouldve played the crap out of it. And while waiting for their next album, they released the single "Strawbery Fields" with the b-side "Penny Lane". How awesome was that???!!!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:53 pm

stepcousin wrote:
my favoriteera was '65-'67, basicaaly "Help" to "Magical Mystery Tour", although I love every album they ever made.
I voted for Sgt. Peppers although I couldve easily picked "Rubber Soul" or maybe "Revolver".

I really love the singles from the '65=67 era that are on Past Masters disc 2, maybe the first 5 or 6 songs. Man, I wish I'd have been alive back in late 1966. They just got done touring Japan and "Revolver" was hot. I wouldve played the crap out of it. And while waiting for their next album, they released the single "Strawbery Fields" with the b-side "Penny Lane". How awesome was that???!!!

id love to have an original strawberry fields/penny lane single but so do a lot of richer people which is why they are worth a fortune. i do have a mono sgt pepper vinyl though
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:21 pm

It is hard for me to pick one, since at any given point I am probably listening to a different one. Overall, though, even though I listed "Abbey Road", it would probably be tied with "Revolver". But, like I said, some days it might be the White Album and another a Hard Day's Night. I love them all.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:38 am

I'm not a huge fan, and probably haven't even heard all, but I always liked the White Album lots.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:27 am

hmm the white album seems to have become very popular in recent years while sgt peppers indomitable rating has declined a bit
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:51 am

Thw White album is one of least favorite Beatles albums. In my opinion, if you take the best 9 or 10 tracks (or maybe a few more to make it a full album) it would easily be as great as any other Beatles album. But there is so much willy-niily stuff on there that each member just wanted to get off their chest, it actually seems like a few solo albums stuffed together to make one big double album. Dont get me wrong, it has some legendary songs on it, some are absolutely crucial to their catalog of greatness. And some, not so much.....

I'm very surprised that nobody has chosen "Revolver". Only in the last 4 years or so have I became familiar with about half of it (the other half Ive heard a million times in my 4 decades of life) and as a whole from start to finish, it is unbelievable, a huge step for them experimentally.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:02 am

i was just gonna say no one had voted for revolver. the white album does have some duff songs on it. to me though i always thought the fact that it was so big kinda adds to its charms. first side is all killer. rest of the sides have a few gud tracks and the dodgy ones. i always enjoyed savoy truffle even though its not that great
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:01 pm

Like everyone above says, it's a tough call and dependent on moods somewhat. I've always been a latter era fan (from Rubber Soul on), but I've picked up the earlier stuff recently and enjoy it for what it is. I still think Sgt. Pepper's is their greatest album, though, edging out Abbey Road and Revolver. The Magical Mystery Tour has some great tracks on it (particularly the title track and side two), but feels more like a collection of singles than a whole album.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:26 pm

I'm not a fan of the Beatles even though I have all of their studio albums and some other stuff (just to have in the collection) but I would go with Rubber Soul or Revolver.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:43 am

akeldama wrote:
I'm not a fan of the Beatles even though I have all of their studio albums and some other stuff (just to have in the collection) but I would go with Rubber Soul or Revolver.

That's odd. Why do you have their albums if you're not a fan? I don't collect Cyndi Lauper just to have. Please to explain.

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:41 pm

Sutekh wrote:
Like everyone above says, it's a tough call and dependent on moods somewhat. I've always been a latter era fan (from Rubber Soul on), but I've picked up the earlier stuff recently and enjoy it for what it is. I still think Sgt. Pepper's is their greatest album, though, edging out Abbey Road and Revolver. The Magical Mystery Tour has some great tracks on it (particularly the title track and side two), but feels more like a collection of singles than a whole album.

yeah it does sound incredibly disparate after the cohesion of sgt pepper. but then again side two was a collection of single tracks
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
akeldama wrote:

That's odd. Why do you have their albums if you're not a fan? I don't collect Cyndi Lauper just to have. Please to explain.

I don't really know why I have them, maybe b/c people are always raving about them I wanted to see what all the fuss was about one album at a time and since I collect music this was a band I wanted to have in my collection partly because during the times I've said that I don't like the Beatles people have said that's b/c I don't have any of their stuff or I haven't heard this album or that album and I can say that I have and in fact I have 'em all.

Also, I am a huge fan of Wings so I thought the Beatles was the next logical step in my musical explorations.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I don't collect Cyndi Lauper just to have.

You should. Cyndi RULES.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:07 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)   Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite Beatles Album (Uk Versions)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next