Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reunion albums: best and worst?

Go down 
+22
Fat Freddy
Hadley
DakotaRogers
Required Fields
Witchfinder
Lari
Gilbert
Thrasher73
Vexer6
the sentinel
rajah
Wurthless
thejokeriv
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dark Horseman
Glower
Boris2008
chewie
Thelemech
metalinmyveins
muckie
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

Reunion albums: best and worst? Empty
PostSubject: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 1:06 pm

What would you guys say are the best Heavy metal/hard rock reunion albums? Like when you have a band that goes on hiatus for a while then returns? I certainly thought Ratt's Infestation was pretty solid. Not sure what the worst out there is, as my keeping up with recent metal releases is sort of limited.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 1:34 pm

I was shocked by how good RATT's "Infestation" was. Judas Priest had a pretty good reunion album in "Retribution". I loved "Brave New World" from Maiden. "Saints of Los Angeles" never really clicked with me from the Crue. Those are the ones right off the top of my head...
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 1:58 pm

I really enjoyed Van Halen Different Kind Of Truth, and I still listen to it. I also was a big fan of Black Sabbath 13 when it came out and I listened to it about 100 times, but now I am kind of tired with it.

Last edited by Thelemech on Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 3:31 pm

Good:
Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers
VH - A Different Kind Of truth
Ratt - Infestation
Iron Maiden - Brave New World

That's all that I can think of for now.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 3:37 pm

Best

Celtic Frost - Monotheist
Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers

Most of the worst reunions thankfully haven't produced albums (The Doors, The Sex Pistols) so I'll say Motley Crue because I hate them.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3175

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 6:35 pm

In 1992 Dee came out with Widowmaker - I bought it -
It was one of those rare times - I was taken aback - song after song -
This song is how the cd started -
so you can imagine my expression as the song went on.
Then one song followed another -
I WISHED he had the lyrics on it, but no.

As for reunion cds -
I thought Nostradamus, by Priest, was well thought out -
though not their return release -
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 6:57 pm

Accept was great though it's a different singer.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 7:30 pm

The Good:

The Bad:

The Undecided [but sounds great so far!]:

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 8:08 pm

Gotta go with Brave New World, fantastic album! 15 years later the reunion keeps going.

Psycho Circus gets my vote for a weak, fake reunion album.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 8:20 pm

I was gonna say Accept, too. I really loved Blood of the Nations when it came out.

I don't find myself listening to reunion albums, save for Maiden or maybe Arch/Matheos if you can consider that a reunion.
Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 8:43 pm

UFO- Walk On Water
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 9:18 pm

Angel of Retribution
Brave New World
Perfect Strangers
Good To Be Bad
Blood of the Nations

In my ears, these are all excellent returns.

Infestation
Saints of Los Angeles
The Human Era

To me, these are good albums.

I can't think of a reunion album that really let me down; although waiting my whole adult life for Chines Democracy is a major disappointment.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 11:25 pm

Motley Crue- Generation Swine, I don't think it's a terrible album, but compared to the rest of the band's works it's rather forgettable and unremarkable.

One of my favorite reunion albums is Quiet Riot-Terrified, III and the 88 s/t album were decent, but not quite as hard rocking as Metal Health or Condition Critical, Terrified brought the band back in fine form.

Psycho Circus was OK, but I definitely wouldn't say it's up to par with the rest of the band's output.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 3:09 am

A few good ones I can think of,
Heaven and Hell- The Devil You Know
Forbidden- Omega Wave
Death Angel- The Art of Dying
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 9:34 am

Brave new world is one of the best reunion albums I guess.

splendid songs from start to finish.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 10:08 am

rajah wrote:
UFO- Walk On Water

Yes. This.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 7:18 pm

Satan - Life Sentence - ripping comeback album from outta nowhere!

Kiss - Psycho Circus - total turd. What a disappointment.

Motley Crue - Generation Swine - Terrible! They did everything wrong on this album, and tried way too hard to be relevant.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 7:22 pm

Even though it's not the original lineup, but a new album after they reformed, Heathen's The Evolution of Chaos is a fantastic album!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 7:48 pm

Also, even though they've never officially disbanded, Helstar went over a decade in between albums. After 1995's Multiples of Black, it was over a decade they'd release anything again. All of the studio albums they've done since they started releasing new albums have been stellar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 8:29 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Even though it's not the original lineup, but a new album after they reformed, Heathen's The Evolution of Chaos is a fantastic album!

This is, in my opinion, the greatest modern thrash metal album of all time. It's bewildering that it doesn't get more praise than it does.

I wish they'd get their asses back in the studio, because the wait for a follow-up is killing me.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 10:35 pm

Faster P*ssycat - The Power and the Glory Hole = One of the biggest pieces of shit ever recorded.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 3:14 am

DakotaRogers wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

This is, in my opinion, the greatest modern thrash metal album of all time. It's bewildering that it doesn't get more praise than it does.

I wish they'd get their asses back in the studio, because the wait for a follow-up is killing me.

I agree on both parts! Man what a great album! I'm ready for another.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 8:50 am

Im in the minority, but i LIKED Generation Swine. The weird industrial/electronic effects actually work in this case and make it sound unique, and Afraid is one of my favorite Crue songs.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 11:48 am

Hits: Maiden's Brave New World, Ratt's Infestation, Accept's Blood of the Nations, Dokken's Dysfunctional, Heaven & Hell's The Devil You Know. A more recent addition would be Sanctuary's The Year the Sun Died.

Miss: KISS' Psycho Circus.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 12:29 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Hits: Dokken's Dysfunctional, [/i].

I forgot about that one. It is really good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reunion albums: best and worst?   Reunion albums: best and worst? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reunion albums: best and worst?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next