Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?

Go down 
+40
stepcousin
DallasBlack
brokentulsa
krokus
Addy
Citanul
80s Metal Lady
tohostudios
James B.
Hadley
jstate
metalinmyveins
BearOnUnicycle
Thrasher73
Vexer6
journeyman
TheGreatDuck
Fat Freddy
Lurideath
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
glassprison
nevermore
mc666
snooloui
Gilbert
Orion Crystal Ice
Required Fields
DakotaRogers
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
Witchfinder
MetalRob331
iamrockerfun
thejokeriv
MoonChild
ZombieHavoc
manny
corplhicks
ultmetal
44 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Empty
PostSubject: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 10:19 am

http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/961/10-worst-metal-albums-of-the-1980s/

I can agree with some. I can even agree with the inclusion of Kiss, who are one of my favorite bands, but Frehley's Comet should be no where near a list like this IMO.

I do agree with the number one choice though. :-)

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 10:41 am

There's far worse from that decade. I certainly wouldn't choose Reach for the Sky as the worst of Ratt's catalog. And why is Dangerous Toys in here?? Even the Europe album had some decent tunes. Albums like Theater of Pain and Open Up and Say Ahhh should be in here (I know that I'm in the minority here with that last title).

As much as people like to bitch about Winger, that album had 10 well-rounded, solid earworms that were well crafted for their target audience. It's a shame that album makes lists like these.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 10:53 am

That review is full of shit, granted 'Crazy Nights' was not KISS's finest hour but its far from horrible, Ratt's album is decent even if its a blue print of their previous releases.

Winger is nowhere near my favorite band, but that is decent pop metal release, and he picks on Def Leppard only because they are an easy target. I think Hysteria is a great album if somewhat dated.

Ace Frehley's Second Sighting is a terrible album, his first Frehley's Comet holds up better then most releases of that era.

I like Europe, with the expection of the album listed, but listen to the title track and you will be humming damn song all day.

They are way worst albums then one's listed, this review blows monkey sacks.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 10:59 am

I don't agree with the list at all.

Primarily:
-Frehley's Comet
-Dangerous Toys
-Winger
-Europe

With Europe, while I like Final Countdown, the song, to be sure, I feel most average people guage Europe as a whole by that song. That opening keyboard stuff from FC does not continue through the entire album, people.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:04 am

I definitely agree with the #1 pick; Def Leppard with Hysteria.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:15 am

Don't agree with the list. Crazy Nights is close to being KISS' worst album, but that honor belongs to either Peter Criss (if you consider it a KISS album) or HITS. Reach For The Sky was a let down at the time, but there is far worse that released. Winger? Yes, everyone loves to make fun of Winger but it's still a catchy album with some good songs. I don't agree with # 1 - I love that album!

Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:20 am

ifake, don't agree. all of them are not flops of 80s there are so many other and much worst if u want.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:24 am

I like a lot of those albums, so I def disagree with this list as well. Also under the genre "metal" this should of been a lot easier!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:45 am

Worst metal albums of the 80s and there isn't a single Manowar album listed?  Epic fail.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:50 am

Linkbait nonsense. Several of those albums are good.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:50 am

I can't even think of what would comprise the worst metal albums of the 80s....off the top of my head, I cannot think of any 80s metal (or you know glam metal, as this list reflects) that I out and out hate.

Great White, aside from the debut, is a band I'm not big on...but even then, I can listen to their stuff as compared to a lot of other music out there.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:51 am

I disagree with that list. Crazy Nights is a good album with alot of enjoyable tunes on it.I've never heard the Coven or Accept albums so I can't comment on them. But the Ace album is probably his best release from that era.

Dangeorus Toys is a good fun listen. I do admit that Europe is a bit iffy but still has some catchy tunes on it. The other 3 catch alot of flack but I like them.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:54 am

That is probably the worst Accept album of the 80's, but still decent songs on it.

I am not a fan of Dangerous Toys one iota but they are telling this album is worse then Pretty Boy Floyd? Give me a break.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 12:02 pm

Is it time for the Killen jokes yet?

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 12:26 pm

S.D. wrote:
Worst metal albums of the 80s and there isn't a single Manowar album listed?  Epic fail.

cheers 
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 12:35 pm

Coven???

What the F*ck
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 12:37 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
S.D. wrote:

cheers 

Laughing very hard 

but true!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 12:58 pm

When I think about 'worst' albums, it's usually a band that I'd liked that then went and did something  Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? 288219 

Stuff like

Raven - The Pack is Back
Saxon - Innocence is no Excuse
Celtic Frost - Cold Lake
Motorhead - Iron Fist (yeah! I said it!  Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? 19976 )
Venom - Possessed
Kiss - Asylum (Alright, I know I'm no Kiss fan but there was nothing on that record for me)

and the worst offender

Helloween had been losing me since Keepers Pt 1, but Pink Bubbles was the final straw,  sick 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 1:09 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

Motorhead - Iron Fist (yeah! I said it!  Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? 19976 )

nah, worth owning for Sex & Outrage, (Don't Need) Religion (my personal theme song) and the title track.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 1:22 pm

manny wrote:
I am not a fan of Dangerous Toys one iota but they are telling this album is worse then Pretty Boy Floyd? Give me a break.

Leather Boyz with Electric Toyz is my absolute favorite album of all time and has been since I bought in 1990.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 1:46 pm

I haven't heard the rest of the album, but if it's anywhere near as bad as the title track, this one would have to be up there:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 2:07 pm

The Great Kat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 2:13 pm

I can simply say that Ratt Reach for the sky is my least favourite.

But it is not a bad album.

I do not agree with the list.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 2:44 pm

It's funny that a list of the '10 worst metal albums of the 1980s' is made up of albums most would not consider metal albums. Fail!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 2:51 pm

While I'm sure there are other albums that I consider far worse I will say that I do not own a single album on this list and have no desire to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree?   Ten Worst Albums of the 80's? Do you agree? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next