Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your WORST albums of 2013

Go down 
+26
journeyman
jstate
Lurideath
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
brokentulsa
candlemass
allthingsmetal
DakotaRogers
Boris2008
jettafiend
Dark Horseman
MetallicSeminarian
iamrockerfun
nevermore
BearOnUnicycle
corplhicks
ultmetal
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
mc666
Lari
Wurthless
Witchfinder
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

Your WORST albums of 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 6:00 pm

Which 2013 albums did you think were the worst, terrible, dissapointing, letdowns, dumpster fires, crapfests, etc...?

I know there have to be some, but I am not so sure that I bought anything terrible this year.  Maybe your picks will jog my memory.  

Have at it!

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 6:03 pm

It's not really bad, but I was disappointed in the new Helloween album quite a bit. Just couldn't get into it.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 6:15 pm

I just thought of one:

Ghost - Infestissumam - I really wanted to like this one, but nothing has really stuck with me from the album. I would say it was disappointment.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 6:27 pm

Probably something I haven't heard. I filter out most music and only focus on stuff I like.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 6:58 pm

The only thing I've bought this year that I liked nothing from was from Kill Devil Hill.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 7:02 pm

Frequency Unknown, for sure. Although hopes weren't all that high.

The new Eminem album is pretty terrible. Like anyone here cares. Haha.

The new Volbeat, while good, was a bit of a letdown.

Winter Kills, by DevilDriver, wasn't a good as I was expecting. It's solid, but far from great.

While I love the album, I was really annoyed with the latest from Ayreon. Two discs, 42 songs, all under four minutes long. For someone like me who enjoys listening to music on shuffle, this is quite obnoxious.

The biggest disappointment by far, however, is the Fragmented Armageddon EP, by One Minute Silence. In June or July of 2011, I pledged money for their PledgeMusic campaign. It was supposed to be a new, full-length album. I also pledged for the companion DVD that was supposed to chronicle the writing process and recording of the album, as well as feature the band doing a full live in-studio set.

More than two years later I got a CDR EP in a cheap digipack which featured just two new songs, a demo of an old song they're trying to say is a re-recording, and two worthless remixes. So a full-length was downsized to an EP, which was then downsized to two tracks and crap filler. The DVD fared worse. Instead of a DVD, I got a One Minute Silence memory stick, which had the MP3s of the EP, an acoustic EP from the guitarist (probably funded by pledger money), and some shitty photos.

Not only one of this year's biggest disappointments, but one of the worst I've ever had when it comes to music.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 7:34 pm

Quote :

What he said.

Though I will admit that I find the album interesting in a WTF, can't-turn-away-from-the-car-crash sort of way.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 7:38 pm

mc666 wrote:
The only thing I've bought this year that I liked nothing from was from Kill Devil Hill.

I really wanted to like their albums, but they sound like boring, by the numbers, mid-90s metal albums to me. Very generic.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

What he said.

Though I will admit that I find the album interesting in a WTF, can't-turn-away-from-the-car-crash sort of way.

Yep - worst album of the year
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:54 pm

Wurthless wrote:
It's not really bad, but I was disappointed in the new Helloween album quite a bit. Just couldn't get into it.
I thought it was solid. That band is super consistent. What were you looking for?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 9:11 pm

Didn't really hear anything "bad" this year. I will say I was disappointed in the new Trouble album, not because it was bad or anything, I just really don't like the vocalist and don't think he fits the group at all.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 9:38 pm

I didn't buy anything that I thought totally sucked. I didn't even hate Tate-ryche. It had a couple of worthy songs.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 10:25 pm

Lari wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
I thought it was solid. That band is super consistent. What were you looking for?

I guess the problem is that I'm only a fairly casual fan of them. I'm only extremely familiar with The Keeper albums and Walls of Jericho. Not really a huge fan of Andi Deris, either.

Now that I think of it, I guess it's more my fault than Helloween's, lol.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 11:58 pm

Nothing sucked for me at all. Even the TateRyche was pretty decent (I think I enjoyed it more than anyone else here). The Revocation was ho-hum, even though I truly enjoyed it at first. Helloween was, well, Helloween, and I share the same opinion as Wurthless. I had a lot of issues with sound quality on some releases, such as the drums on 13 and compression on some of the thrash. But these are all tiny nitpicks. It's been one of the greatest years for heavy metal in recent memory.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 5:48 am

Wurthless wrote:
Lari wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

I guess the problem is that I'm only a fairly casual fan of them. I'm only extremely familiar with The Keeper albums and Walls of Jericho. Not really a huge fan of Andi Deris, either.

Now that I think of it, I guess it's more my fault than Helloween's, lol.

So true, I don't even try no more. Even Chameleon is much more interesting than any Deris song I've heard forcing myself to like them.

As for the albums that suck:
Sacred Warrior - Waiting in Darkness. Completly characterless. It is not bad, its mediocre all the way through. And that is even worse, since you hope for something good to happen, a song to grab you, but no, just 50 minutes of 3-rd rate background musical nonsense you cant turn off beacuse there is (was) a potential in the band.

ToddRyche. So much hype, so little to offer. Didn't bother with Mr. Tate, since aside from a couple of songs I knew I wouldn't care for the whole album. But from what was heard, it is far from being terrible. Actually, Tate made an album everyone expected from him - a decent offer. The "real back-to-the-roots Ryche" on the other hand failed to deliver in my book. Yeah, the album is ok, somewhat good, but far from what I expected to hear after reading rave comments all over the web.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 9:43 am

Probably the new Ghost for me. Not that I think it's terribly bad but it just didn't stick with me like the first album.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 9:47 am

One I was disappointed with, though I wouldn't say it sucked was
Rivera/Bomma - Infinite Journey of Soul
Horrible production unfortunately sort of ruins the listening experience

BearOnUnicycle wrote:

Sacred Warrior - Waiting in Darkness. Completly characterless. It is not bad, its mediocre all the way through. And that is even worse, since you hope for something good to happen, a song to grab you, but no, just 50 minutes of 3-rd rate background musical nonsense you cant turn off beacuse there is (was) a potential in the band.

Well, it won't make my Top 20 list for the year either but I didn't think it was "3rd rate background musical nonsense" either. I think I was mostly disappointed because it just doesn't sound like Sacred Warrior musically or vocally.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 10:02 am

I can't say I've got a worst one. I only bought 7 of them this year so far and none have been bad.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 11:53 am

disapointment, not good enough for me to repeatly listen in 2013:
Deep Purple
Motorhead
Black Sabbath
Dream Theater
Aerosmith
.. will add later another.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 11:59 am

iamrockerfun wrote:
disapointment, not good enough for me to repeatly listen in 2013:
Black Sabbath

Shocked affraid fainting 
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 12:01 pm

I'm way too low on funds to buy a lot of new music, so I don't think I bought anything I thought sucked from this year.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 12:10 pm

The new Sacred Warrior sounds like The Sacrificed and I like it.

I am disappointed in Trouble, just not what I wanted I guess.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 12:30 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

What he said.

Yep - worst album of the year

Just thinking back - my 2011 worst album of the year was Dedicated To Chaos, 2012 was Kings and Thieves and 2013 FU... Can The Geoff make it 4 years in a row in 2014???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 12:36 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Just thinking back - my 2011 worst album of the year was Dedicated To Chaos, 2012 was Kings and Thieves and 2013 FU... Can The Geoff make it 4 years in a row in 2014???

The real question is why you keep wasting money on that crap?  lol! 
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 12:42 pm

ultmetal wrote:
One I was disappointed with, though I wouldn't say it sucked was
Rivera/Bomma - Infinite Journey of Soul
Horrible production unfortunately sort of ruins the listening experience

BearOnUnicycle wrote:

Well, it won't make my Top 20 list for the year either but I didn't think it was "3rd rate background musical nonsense" either. I think I was mostly disappointed because it just doesn't sound like Sacred Warrior musically or vocally.

Perhaps I might dislike it that much because I expected "Mad Mad World", "Kamikaze" and that kind of stuff. And what I got is an album with "stagnation" written all over it that doesn't sound even remotely close to SW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your WORST albums of 2013
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next