Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums

Go down 
+8
manny
MoonChild
Glower
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
nevermore
Witchfinder
12 posters

Pick The Best Of The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums
Objection Overruled (1993)
The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Vote_lcap63%The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Vote_rcap
 63% [ 10 ]
Death Row (1994)
The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Vote_lcap31%The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
Predator (1996)
The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Vote_lcap6%The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Empty
PostSubject: The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums   The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2018 8:18 pm

So what's your pick for best album from the (mostly forgotten) Accept/Udo reunion albums?

Objection Overruled from 1993 featuring twin guitars BUT both are played by Wolf?

Death Row from 1994 featuring a single guitar attack by Wolf?

Predator from 1996 featuring only one guitar again and Peter Baltes singing on a couple of tracks?

These are probably the last Udo fronted Accept albums we're ever going to get so let's decide what's the best.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums   The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2018 9:09 pm

Deathrow for me. That's also the only time I saw Accept with UDO.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums   The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2018 10:05 pm

Objection Overruled. I like it better than Death Row. I've never heard Predator.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums   The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2018 11:54 pm

Objection overruled. Love this one!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums   The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 5:59 am

Objection Overruled for me.
Never cared for Death Row and I've never heard Predator.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums   The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 11:09 am

He wasn't Bullet Proof !

Sick, dirty and mean !!!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums   The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 10:49 pm

Objection Overruled
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums   The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 7:08 pm

I picked Objection Overruled. It has the classic Accept sound and several good songs. It was certainly better than Eat The Heat which was a disaster. The band still plays "Bulletproof" occasionally as evidenced by its inclusion on Restless And Live last year.

I like Death Row a lot too but it does have a couple of flaws - only one guitar and it's much too long. Also, the band once again does "Generation Clash" which is a terrible song regardless of who's singing it.

Predator is a mess and entirely forgettable. To paraphrase Slash, this album is the sound of a band dying.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums   The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 8:04 pm

I liked 'Objection Overruled' and as a matter fact still do, the other two discs, just sounded uninspired.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums   The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2018 6:22 am

Predator is such a rare album. No clue why it has not been reissued yet.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums   The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 2:20 am

I voted Death Row. I think it has much more memorable riffs and I like how UDO's voice sounds on that one, more so than on OO at least. I haven't heard Predator yet.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums   The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 4:14 am

I just listened to Predator for the first time. I wouldn't say I found it unpleasant, but it's definitely uneven and doesn't hold a candle to the other two in this poll.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums   The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 10:24 am

Death Row
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums   The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 1:26 pm

Death Row
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums   The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 6:22 pm

Quote :
It was certainly better than Eat The Heat which was a disaster.

lol! If you were in Barcelona this month you could see David Reece do the entire album live with his solo band.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums   The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2019 6:41 pm

I listened to Objection Overruled a few weeks ago for the first time and then Death Row and Predator over the last couple of days for the first time. Nobody ever talked about these records back in the day, so I never invested in them. Wow, they're certainly not classic Accept. "Objection Overruled" would probably narrowly overtake "Death Row". "Predator" pretty much sucks. It has its moments, but 15 tracks was way too many, considering more than half of those are really bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums   The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Accept/Udo Reunion Albums
Page 1 of 1