Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Random Metal Thoughts

Go down 
+37
bgsully
exact33
choosemetal
brokentulsa
stormspell
Olafsto
metalken
Citanul
Sword Of The Heretic
DallasBlack
assault_attack
Required Fields
glassprison
James B.
DakotaRogers
Hadley
ZombieHavoc
Thrasher73
the sentinel
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
chewie
akeldama
tohostudios
Eyesore
manny
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
corplhicks
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
Thelemech
Gilbert
Runicen
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 3:30 pm

Still cannot figure out if Blessed By A Broken Heart kicks ass or sucks ass.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:27 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:

Sucks ass....definitely sucks ass.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:28 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
1996 wasn't too shabby either:
Iced Earth - The Dark Saga
King Diamond – The Graveyard

TDS is a HORRIBLE album.  Even by ICED EARTH standards.  One of the most boring metal albums ever.

I completely disagree. It's my second favorite behind SWTWC.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:30 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I was just noticing as I was taking my walk cranking 'ATL' in my earbuds...he always sounds like he's struggling to keep up with the pace...he sounds rushed and out of key a lot of times...no intensity and no power. Why Anthrax are a Big 4 band over Exodus or Testament is a mystery to me.

Sales.

Joey's voice is more palatable than Souza/Baloff.

Testament sounded too much like a combo between Metallica and Slayer and lacked originality.

I have to agree with this, I always felt that Joey was the weak link of the band, but his voice was more palatable then Exodus and Testament vocals as far as commercially
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:32 pm

manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I was just noticing as I was taking my walk cranking 'ATL' in my earbuds...he always sounds like he's struggling to keep up with the pace...he sounds rushed and out of key a lot of times...no intensity and no power. Why Anthrax are a Big 4 band over Exodus or Testament is a mystery to me.

Sales.

Testament sounded too much like a combo between Metallica and Slayer and lacked originality.

I have to agree with this, I always felt that Joey was the weak link of the band, but his voice was more palatable then Exodus and Testament vocals as far as commercially

Yeah, cuz Dave Mustaine and Tom Araya sing like damn angels... lol!

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:32 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Listening to 'Among The Living'...Joey Belladonna sucks.

You are correct. And no, I don't give a rat's ass what anyone else thinks.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:35 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Sales.

Yeah, cuz Dave Mustaine and Tom Araya sing like damn angels... lol!

Yes fallen angels!
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:35 pm

S.D. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Listening to 'Among The Living'...Joey Belladonna sucks.

You are correct.  And no, I don't give a rat's ass what anyone else thinks.  

Always figured detuned to be a popularity whore!  hahaha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Are there any major releases coming out this year.  We've got Armored Saint next week, and I am looking forward to Orchid's new EP that's been pushed back to July.  What else is there?  Anthrax maybe?  Testament?  

The only new releases I have on my want-list for now are:
Armored Saint
Art of Anarchy (that Scott Weiland debacle)
Freedom Hawk (06.23)
Night Flight Orchestra (06.09?)
Slayer (09.11)
Atomic B*tchwax (out now)

Goatsnake - Black Age Blues (June 2nd) - THE best stoner/doom album that will be released this year.

High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)

Those are the only metal releases of 2015 that will be "must buy" for me. Although, I am interested to hear the new Slayer album, then I'll decide whether it's worth spending money on.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:52 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Are there any major releases coming out this year.  We've got Armored Saint next week, and I am looking forward to Orchid's new EP that's been pushed back to July.  What else is there?  Anthrax maybe?  Testament?  

The only new releases I have on my want-list for now are:
Armored Saint
Art of Anarchy (that Scott Weiland debacle)
Freedom Hawk (06.23)
Night Flight Orchestra (06.09?)
Slayer (09.11)
Atomic B*tchwax (out now)

Goatsnake - Black Age Blues (June 2nd) - THE best stoner/doom album that will be released this year.  

High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)

Those are the only metal releases of 2015 that will be "must buy" for me.  Although, I am interested to hear the new Slayer album, then I'll decide whether it's worth spending money on.

I think I'm passing on both of those. I couldn't get into Goatsnake and I think I have enough High on Fire to last me awhile.

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:54 pm

I think Goatsnake is better than 98% of the other bands doing this schtick, but hey...different strokes and all that.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:57 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Expound?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:58 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Expound?

Why?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:59 pm

S.D. wrote:
I think Goatsnake is better than 98% of the other bands doing this schtick, but hey...different strokes and all that.

I tried. Had an album and ep worth of material, but nothing grabbed me by the short & curlies. It wasn't bad, but nothing that made them stand-out from that other 98%. I even gave the new single a listen, but...nothing.

As for High on Fire, I really want to like them better, but the vocals just kill it for me. I'm not giving up on them completely, but I think the albums I have already are enough. That opinion could change though.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:00 pm

Iced Earth is a terrible band name. What does that even mean? Is the Earth covered in delicious frosting?
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:02 pm

If I never hear another female-fronted "occult" band it will be too soon. What a dreadful trend.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:04 pm

Mmmmmm, frosting.

Before I actually heard the music, I thought Iced Earth was a black or death metal band, judging from the name.

I also discovered that I'm supposed to learn something when I listen to Queensryche. And here I've been listening to them for sheer entertainment all this time. Derp.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:08 pm

AC/DC's Rock Or Bust album is terrible. It's another in a long string of boring albums stretching back 25 years. Don't fool yourself into thinking this album is any good.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Mmmmmm, frosting.

Before I actually heard the music, I thought Iced Earth was a black or death metal band, judging from the name.

I also discovered that I'm supposed to learn something when I listen to Queensryche. And here I've been listening to them for sheer entertainment all this time. Derp.

Entertainment??!!! Bah! This is serious business!!!!
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:11 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
AC/DC's Rock Or Bust album is terrible. It's another in a long string of boring albums stretching back 25 years.  Don't fool yourself into thinking this album is any good.  

lol! - I like it actually - well at least half of it.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:18 pm

Thelemech wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
AC/DC's Rock Or Bust album is terrible. It's another in a long string of boring albums stretching back 25 years.  Don't fool yourself into thinking this album is any good.  

lol!  - I like it actually - well at least half of it.

You're half fooling yourself. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:31 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
This year has been a very slow year for new releases.  I haven't bought anything in a month.  

Not for me. Strictly "rock/metal" speaking, a ton of great (or hopefully great) albums have been or will be released this year.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:33 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Iced Earth is a terrible band name.  What does that even mean?  Is the Earth covered in delicious frosting?  

Yeah.

I guess it is inferring a new Ice Age, but it is in no way a good name.

But I guess it is less generic than "Purgatory".
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:39 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Mmmmmm, frosting.

I know when I want top-notch entertainment the best place to go is latter-day Queensryche. Talk about fun!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:40 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
If I never hear another female-fronted "occult" band it will be too soon.  What a dreadful trend.  

If I don't hear another female-fronted "metal" band it will be too soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Random Metal Thoughts - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Metal Thoughts
Page 2 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next