Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015

Go down 
+21
iamrockerfun
scottmitchell74
Glower
DakotaRogers
Boris2008
springozzy
chewie
SideShowDisaSter
bgsully
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
corplhicks
manny
nevermore
Required Fields
exact33
Leatherface
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37670

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 9:49 am

Episodes 4 and 5 of "Monty Python: Almost the Truth"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39718

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 5:45 pm

Loose Cannons (1990) - a buddy cop film starring Gene Hackman and Dan Ackryod . I vaguely remember this flick when it came out but I think it was a bomb when it was released. I can see why. A weird story centering around a sex tape starring Adolph Hitler (!) but has a heck of cast, with Dom Deluise and Nancy Travis in supporting roles.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 6:49 pm

Hostel 2

I must be jaded because this didn't seem as gory as I remembered it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 7:26 pm

Episode 6 of "Monty Python: Almost the Truth"....wraps the whole thing up...plus the theme song was sung (just for this episode) by Bruce Dickinson!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28478

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 10:35 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 BtQDDakCAAEkfwm
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 12:10 am

Emergency! - Revisiting this early 70s fire/rescue show that I used to watch as a kid. Netflix is running brand new HD transfers and the show looks great, the original film elements were well preserved. The show did a lot of on-location shooting around Los Angeles so it's not entirely soundstage bound. Sure, it's a little dated, but so am I and this era of TV holds the most nostalgia for me.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7614

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 12:26 am

Mad Men finale
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 12:13 pm

Family Guy
Bob's Burgers
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 1:41 am

The Road Warrior.

One of my all time favorite movies. George Miller is a master at directing action films and tells a great story with very minimal dialog. I can't wait to see the new one this weekend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 5:01 am

Community (season 6)
The Flash - better than I expected, has that old school comic book TV show vibe.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 10:56 am

American Dad
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 10:57 pm

Heat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25949

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 11:14 pm

Taxi
Inside Amy Schumer
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 4:24 am

Revisited Tombstone. Still a solid A.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 9:25 am

"A Fish Called Wanda" (1988)

Two Americans and two Brits pull off a major London jewel robbery and then spend the rest of the movie trying to screw each other out of the loot, with a love struck lawyer (John Cleese, who also wrote the screenplay) caught in the middle. This wacky heist flick is frequently mentioned as one of the funniest movies ever made; I don't think I'd go quite that far but I got a few chuckles out of it, plus it captures Jamie Lee Curtis at her absolute peak of smokin' hotness. I may have been expecting too much from "Wanda" after hearing nothing but raves about it for all these years. Oh well. (shrugs)

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 9:28 am

The Flash season finale- really good conclusion and well acted to boot
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18986

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 10:55 am

The Dark Side of the Moon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 1:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Two Americans and two Brits pull off a major London jewel robbery and then spend the rest of the movie trying to screw each other out of the loot, with a love struck lawyer (John Cleese, who also wrote the screenplay) caught in the middle. This wacky heist flick is frequently mentioned as one of the funniest movies ever made; I don't think I'd go quite that far but I got a few chuckles out of it, plus it captures Jamie Lee Curtis at her absolute peak of smokin' hotness. I may have been expecting too much from "Wanda" after hearing nothing but raves about it for all these years. Oh well. (shrugs)

The reputation had a lot to do with when the movie was released. The late 80s weren't exactly a hotbed of intelligent, well-written comedy. Wanda seemed like a beautiful breath of fresh air compared to the numbskull movies America was releasing at the time.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 1:16 pm

S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

The reputation had a lot to do with when the movie was released.  The late 80s weren't exactly a hotbed of intelligent, well-written comedy.  Wanda seemed like a beautiful breath of fresh air compared to the numbskull movies America was releasing at the time.

Everything you said its true and its still funny as hell
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 2:04 pm

manny wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

One of my all time favorite movies!

The reputation had a lot to do with when the movie was released.  The late 80s weren't exactly a hotbed of intelligent, well-written comedy.  Wanda seemed like a beautiful breath of fresh air compared to the numbskull movies America was releasing at the time.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 7:04 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
manny wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

And John Cleese is in it.  That guy makes me laugh as soon as he appears on screen in anything. 

Talk about a talented guy.  Anyone ever see any of the Human Resource shorts he did?  He takes boring corporate stuff that most HR departments make all employees watch (like how to get a raise or sexual harassment) and makes it amusing.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 7:17 pm

Cleese is always great, even if the movie is bad Cleese is worth watching.

Kevin Kline was the real discovery in Wanda, what a wonderful, batshit crazy performance!

"Don't call me stupid!"

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 7:51 pm

S.D. wrote:
Cleese is always great, even if the movie is bad Cleese is worth watching.  

Kevin Kline was the real discovery in Wanda, what a wonderful, batshit crazy performance!

"Don't call me stupid!"

[Archie has put his gun down to fist fight with Otto]
Archie: I used to box for Oxford.
Otto: Oh, yeah?
[Otto quickly picks up Archie's gun, and points it at him]
Otto: I used to kill for the CIA.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 11:35 pm

"The Cannonball Run" (1981)

Burt Reynolds and Dom DeLuise top an all star cast in a silly, virtually plotless comedy about a cross country auto race with a million dollar prize.  Roger Moore, Dean Martin, Farrah Fawcett, and Sammy Davis Jr. (to name just a few) join in the car-crashin' fun that appears to have been mostly made up as it went along.
I hadn't seen this movie in dog years and obviously it's aged terribly, but it was a fun trip down memory lane, and my kids thought it was a hoot.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed May 20, 2015 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 11:35 pm

High Fidelity
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next