Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014

Go down 
+17
scottmitchell74
iamrockerfun
exact33
corplhicks
manny
Boris2008
DallasBlack
DakotaRogers
James B.
Leatherface
tohostudios
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
nevermore
thejokeriv
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Empty
PostSubject: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 1:01 am

The November Man (2014) - Old fashioned espionage programmer with fine performances from Brosnan and Kurylenko.  While it's basically a formulaic exercise it's so nice to see an action/adventure film aimed at an adult audience for a change that I'm willing to forgive the flaws.  

Beverly Hills Cop (1984) - Probably the first time I've seen this in at least 25 years.  Still enjoyable, slight but entertaining.  

Layer Cake (2005) - Second time watching this excellent British crime thriller starring Daniel Craig.  Soundtrack by Lisa Gerrard from Dead Can Dance.

Last edited by S.D. on Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 9:39 am

Cowboys game - nice win with well balanced play calling..
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25766

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 3:31 pm

The Bears comeback victory over the 49ers last night.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 8:49 pm

Ax 'Em.

I think this was made with Fat Freddy in mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 8:15 am

Watched the premiere of SyFy's new "Walking Dead" wanna-be, "Z Nation," last night. It was "meh." Not sure if I'll bother with episode #2.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:44 am

A clip from the aforementioned Ax 'Em:
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 11:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Watched the premiere of SyFy's new "Walking Dead" wanna-be, "Z Nation," last night. It was "meh." Not sure if I'll bother with episode #2.

Believe it or not, I watched this as well. I find the Walking Dead to be mind-numbingly dull, and this wasn't dull, but it wasn't really good either.  The whole zombie baby thing was stupid.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 12:26 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Watched the premiere of SyFy's new "Walking Dead" wanna-be, "Z Nation," last night. It was "meh." I doubt I'll bother with episode #2.

Believe it or not, I watched this as well. I find the Walking Dead to be mind-numbingly dull, and this wasn't dull, but it wasn't really good either.  The whole zombie baby thing was stupid.  

As I'm sure you know, I have a soft spot for SyFy/Asylum's B-Grade nonsense so I might give it one more try.  I agree, at least it wasn't boring... and yeah, that zombie baby should've been 86'd. The CGI in that bit was hilariously cheap. Laughing very hard

I'm working on a HubPage entry about the premiere episode as we speak so I'll post a link in the usual thread when it's finished. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 12:28 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Ax 'Em.

I think this was made with Fat Freddy in mind.

Heard of this one, but never seen it. It looks craptacular. Thanks for the tip. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 9:08 pm

Brewers vs Cardinals

Pretty much a must sweep series for Milwaukee with them being 5 games out. It's currently 2-0 Cards in the bottom of the third.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 9:32 pm

Pirates vs Red Sox

Pirates are up 3-0 in the bottom of the 7th
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 9:51 pm

007 wrote:
Pirates vs Red Sox

Pirates are up 3-0 in the bottom of the 7th

Man, it kills me to have to root for the Red Sox.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:04 pm

The Legend of Drunken Master.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18880

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 5:10 am

Hancock
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 10:36 am

"Captain America: The First Avenger" (2011) an experimental serum turns super-wimp Steve Rogers into World War II's greatest super soldier in an action packed period piece that ranks as one of the best of the Marvel films.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12590

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 1:19 pm

Watched and Aussie B movie....

A biker flic called "STONE"
They dressed like Harley riders, but rode Japanese product (early 70's)

A cop joins the "Grave Diggers" (not undercover) to investigate the murders of club members after they were present at a political speech where the speaker was assassinated by a hit man.

The hit man uses a plethora of imaginative killing to methods to off the bikers. It was so bad that you had to watch the whole thing just to see what was gonna happen next.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 2:59 pm

"Goldeneye" (1995) Pierce Brosnan's debut as James Bond is also the first post-Cold War 007 adventure. This time out, James and a lovely Russian computer wiz match wits with a former double-0 who now heads a Soviet crime syndicate - and also has control of a powerful weapon satellite. This flick brought 007 back in a big way!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 6:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Goldeneye" (1995) Pierce Brosnan's debut as James Bond is also the first post-Cold War 007 adventure. This time out, James and a lovely Russian computer wiz match wits with a former double-0 who now heads a Soviet crime syndicate -  and also has control of a powerful weapon satellite. This flick brought 007 back in a big way!

Agreed. Too bad that after Goldeneye each successive Brosnan film got worse...and worse...and worse. By the 3rd film they had devolved back to mid 80s Roger Moore territory. A sad trajectory.

Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 6:11 pm

Syfy's not playing garbage for once:

Damien: Omen II
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 8:24 pm

Blackadder
Monday Night Raw (90 minute Hulu)

Now:

Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 2:47 am

DakotaRogers wrote:
Syfy's not playing garbage for once:

Damien: Omen II

My favorite of the trilogy.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 8:51 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Captain America: The First Avenger" (2011) an experimental serum turns super-wimp Steve Rogers into World War II's greatest super soldier in an action packed period piece that ranks as one of the best of the Marvel films.

Have you seen the second one yet? Awesome flick - It moves the first one lower on the MCU rankings.

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Goldeneye" (1995) Pierce Brosnan's debut as James Bond is also the first post-Cold War 007 adventure. This time out, James and a lovely Russian computer wiz match wits with a former double-0 who now heads a Soviet crime syndicate -  and also has control of a powerful weapon satellite. This flick brought 007 back in a big way!

Great flick! I still remember seeing it in the theater on opening night
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 3:13 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Have you seen the second one yet? Awesome flick - It moves the first one lower on the MCU rankings.

Not yet, but it's on the list... actually, it was all the TV commercials for the DVD/BluRay of the 2nd movie that inspired me to dust off the original.

Quote :
Quote :

Great flick! I still remember seeing it in the theater on opening night

I can't remember if I saw it opening night, but my bro & I went to see it in the theater too... we went home and reported to my Mom (who'd had a mad crush on Pierce Brosnan back when he was on TV as "Remington Steele"), "Hey Mom, your boyfriend Pierce was freakin' AWESOME!" Haha

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 10:21 pm

Pirates vs Red Sox - Pirates get the sweep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 11:07 pm

The Uncanny (1977)

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 UNCANNY-poster-2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014
Page 1 of 25Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next