Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church

Go down 
+24
Lurideath
assault_attack
Thrasher73
Sword Of The Heretic
80s Metal Lady
the sentinel
manny
Rex
Wrecked Neck
Shawn Of Fire
Boris2008
MetallicSeminarian
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Arjun_M
Troublezone
Gilbert
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
choosemetal
corplhicks
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 2:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Sneaky peek of the new MC... "Badlands 2015"

Mike sounds pretty good!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 3:07 pm

Very cool, Mike sounds great.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 3:18 pm

When I first saw what the track was , I winced a bit. I was expecting this to sound subpar, but it's actually rather good. Mike Howe still sounds like he's got it. The music was excellent as well.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 4:21 pm

Wow, sounds great....the same....but great.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 4:29 pm

I like the vocals OK, but boy the music doesn't sound better than the original. I can't put my finger on it. Performances? Tone?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 4:59 pm

The mix is second-rate to the original. The drums are way too loud and the guitar is solid-state shit. Also, Jeff Plate is deviating from Kirk's original groove (where are those cymbals in the chorus??).

HOWEVER.

Damn it's good to hear Mike again. He's a bit more subdued but on par. That's more than what I had hoped for. Now if we could just get some video of the guy.

Exciting times!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 8:22 am

It lacks the intensity of the original, but Mike sounds good.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 8:53 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
I like the vocals OK, but boy the music doesn't sound better than the original.  I can't put my finger on it.  Performances?  Tone?

I have to agree with this comment, also I again, I do not see the point of re-recording an old classic, why not just release a live version of this from their current tour or show
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 11:06 am

manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
I like the vocals OK, but boy the music doesn't sound better than the original.  I can't put my finger on it.  Performances?  Tone?

I have to agree with this comment, also I again, I do not see the point of re-recording an old classic, why not just release a live version of this from their current tour or show

I just figured the band put this out there so fans could hear if Mike still had the pipes for it after all this time. Whether this recording makes it onto a new album or what the rest of the band sounds like makes no difference to me.

Sounds to me like he can still sing, so lets see what they can all do together on a new album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 11:34 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I just figured the band put this out there so fans could hear if Mike still had the pipes for it after all this time. Whether this recording makes it onto a new album or what the rest of the band sounds like makes no difference to me.

Sounds to me like he can still sing, so lets see what they can all do together on a new album.

That's what I figured after my initial reaction to the posted video. If it does make it on to the new release I'm sure it will be tacked onto the end of it like that re-recorded tribute to David Wayne a couple of albums ago.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 1:28 pm

007 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

That's what I figured after my initial reaction to the posted video. If it does make it on to the new release I'm sure it will be tacked onto the end of it like that re-recorded tribute to David Wayne a couple of albums ago.

I know I was picking it apart earlier but mostly I'm just noting the differences between the two versions. Really this is sheer example as MG said. My initial reaction was sheer excitement, and that hasn't faded. Mike sounds hella good and he fits perfectly within this version of the band.

For what it's worth it really is a well-produced example, despite my nit-picking.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 5:12 pm

Musically is secondary to the vocals in this and i'm stoked on the vocals.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 8:37 pm

When Mike sang "will these lonely nights ever end" I got goose bumps. My main concern with Howe coming back was his voice and would it hamper a band whose last few albums have gotten tons of spins from me. I am very excited for this. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 1:37 am

Wow. I am so impressed.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 3:09 am

The new version is good, but it doesn't compare to the original. It doesn't have the same feel and the production is too digital/modern IMO. Just like the "No Place For Disgrace" remake.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 1:13 am

New audio sample (rough mix) of a NEW song! These are some huge riffs, but holy shit Mike is 100% here. He sounds just as fierce as yesterday! https://soundcloud.com/rat-pak-records/metal-church-teaser-mike-howe
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:27 pm

So did anyone take a listen? Suddenly became quiet around here...
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 8:33 am

Yep, sounds good for what it is. I'm onboard for sure. I'm liking what the bass is doing in the first part of the song too.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:17 pm

Sounds like it will be killer. Can't wait to hear the final product.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:22 pm

Mike sounds very good. His voice seems to have been well preserved over all of these years. I am not crazy about the song itself, but it's just a rough mix so who knows what the final version will sound like?
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 1:07 pm

Yeah, it's hard to gauge on that mix but overall i'm pleased with the little i've heard.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 12:07 am

Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 11745506_1377425078975982_4771425274063983736_n
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 1:55 am

A short interview with Craig Wells from 2010.

http://themetalfiles.com/2010/10/22/catching-up-with-metal-churchs-craig-wells/
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 7:05 pm

"I'm heading back into the studio this weekend to finish up the last of the vocal tracks for the new Metal Church album! It's taken a little longer than we expected, but the end result is better than we could have ever hoped for! You are going to love this! - MIKE HOWE"

Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 12038120_1429390620446094_3862199086233372505_n
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 9:31 pm

Anticipation...building.

There have been so many good/ great releases this year and so many to come this next few weeks that have the potential to be great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next