Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church

Go down 
+24
Lurideath
assault_attack
Thrasher73
Sword Of The Heretic
80s Metal Lady
the sentinel
manny
Rex
Wrecked Neck
Shawn Of Fire
Boris2008
MetallicSeminarian
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Arjun_M
Troublezone
Gilbert
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
choosemetal
corplhicks
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 11:53 am

I'm kind of peeing myself a little, i've wanted Mike to be back for a long time. No offense to Ronny either, I like a lot of what they've done with him but Mike is special.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 12:35 pm

Ronny was never holding them back. It succeeds or fails on the songwriting, regardless of which of their 3 singers they had.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 1:02 pm

I like Mike's voice better.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 1:56 pm

I like all 3 singers, but I'd be ecstatic about a Howe reunion. He had my favorite voice of the 3, and Blessing in Disguise is my favorite album.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 3:02 pm

I hope that Howe's voice has held up over the long lay off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 3:04 pm

Never really liked Howe's voice, Blessing In Disguise was a good enough album that I was able to tolerate it.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 3:09 pm

I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I like Generation Nothing.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 3:27 pm

S.D. wrote:
Never really liked Howe's voice, Blessing In Disguise was a good enough album that I was able to tolerate it.  

Interesting. To me, he was their strongest vocalist.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 3:57 pm

IMO Wayne was the most endearing, However was the strongest, and Ronny at least kept it together, truly shining on the last album.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 4:49 pm

corplhicks wrote:
IMO Wayne was the most endearing, However was the strongest, and Ronny at least kept it together, truly shining on the last album.

Yeah, but all three are close enough in skill and style so I don't see how it really matters much.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 5:29 pm

They are. Kurdt really knows how to pick a vocalist.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 10:02 pm

Mike Howe, May 2014:

Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 10172739_10201954056273448_8388669824753730324_n
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 8:36 pm

Kurdt just announced via Facebook that a big MC announcement will be made this Thursday. Stay tuned...
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 8:46 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Kurdt just announced via Facebook that a big MC announcement will be made this Thursday. Stay tuned...

I am hoping that it lives up to the great expectations I have built up in my brain.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 8:54 pm

I don't think that Ripper Owens has been in Metal Church yet.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 7:51 am

Let's just hope it's what everyone is expecting.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 9:32 am

007 wrote:

Marty Friedman and Nick Menza are joining the band?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 11:31 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
007 wrote:

Marty Friedman and Nick Menza are joining the band?

lol! Yes !
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 11:41 am

I knew it! affraid
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 1:56 pm

4/30/2015 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE] LEGENDARY METAL CHURCH SINGER MIKE HOWE RETURNS TO THE BAND!

Legendary front-man Mike Howe returns to Metal Church! In the summer of 2014 the band suddenly found themselves in need of a new singer. As fate would have it, Kurdt was already in talks with Mike for another project that he was working on with Saxon drummer Nigel Glockler, so he decided to ask Mike to rejoin Metal Church. Mike agreed, but true to form, didn’t want to make it official until he knew for sure that the integrity of the new material was there. In Mike’s own words, " I didn't want to come back to Metal Church just for nostalgia, it had to be for the right reasons, it had to be the best stuff we’ve ever written together or it just wouldn't be worth it to anyone, especially the fans.” Soon after, Kurdt and Mike began exchanging ideas and writing new material with the band. The end result sounds like “Classic Mike Howe era Metal Church, it’s both heavy and melodic” says guitarist Kurdt Vanderhoof and further states “Mike sounds the same as he did 20 years ago, this is going to be truly epic!!” Drummer Jeff Plate comments, “Mike Howe is the ONLY singer for Metal Church. He has a reputation of complete honor and respect. We can now take Metal Church to the next level!”

Mike Howe originally joined Metal Church in the late 80’s and released 3 albums with the band: “The Human Factor”, “Blessing In Disguise” and “Hanging in the Balance”. Mike was also the face of popular music videos “Date With Poverty” and “Badlands” that aired during MTV’s heyday like”.

The band is currently in the process of working on their new album, which will be released later this year via Rat Pak Records. Metal Church is: Mike Howe (Vocals), Kurdt Vanderhoof (Guitars) Jeff Plate (Drums), Steve Unger (Bass) and Rick VanZandt (Guitars).

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 2:10 pm

Oh my god. You guys should see the smile on my face.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 2:14 pm

Yes! Yes! Yes!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 2:42 pm

Ronny was never the problem.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 2:43 pm

That's what I'm talking about ! Excellent news !
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 2:48 pm

We know, the songwriting was the problem,Smile maybe you could fix that for them. Meanwhile, i'm excited that one of my favorite vocalists is back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next