Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church

Go down 
+24
Lurideath
assault_attack
Thrasher73
Sword Of The Heretic
80s Metal Lady
the sentinel
manny
Rex
Wrecked Neck
Shawn Of Fire
Boris2008
MetallicSeminarian
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Arjun_M
Troublezone
Gilbert
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
choosemetal
corplhicks
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 11:56 am

It definitely sounds like Metal Church. As soon as the vocals kick in it couldn't possibly be anyone else.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 9:27 am

It sounds like Metal Church with the anger and intensity scrubbed right out of it. Mike is the best thing about it...the rest is weak.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 9:30 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
It sounds like Metal Church with the anger and intensity scrubbed right out of it. Mike is the best thing about it...the rest is weak.

Exactly!

If anyone heard this without the music there is no way they would pick this out as being METAL CHURCH.

This is such a disappointment because it had so much potential.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 9:48 am

I don't remember Metal Church ever sounding angry & intense. scratch

the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 10:09 am

Musically it sounds the same as the last few albums with Munroe. At least to my ears. What makes MC sound "angry and intense" is the combination of music and vocals, whether those are Wayne, Howe, or Munroe. Again, just my opine.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 10:46 am

mc666 wrote:
I don't remember Metal Church ever sounding angry & intense. scratch

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 11:38 am

Sounds like Metal Church to me.

I'm not sure how the new song is any less "angry and intense" than this, for example:
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 11:41 am

MetallicSeminarian wrote:

I'm not sure how the new song is any less "angry and intense" than this, for example:

Well, yeah but they had sucked for a while at that point.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 11:42 am

Dang it, why is it that every time one of these sneak peeks gets posted I'm at a PC with no speakers? Grrrr!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 11:43 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

Nah, you're crazy Razz
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 11:53 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

Nah, you're crazy Razz

I bought it when it came out.  It was a huge disappointment just like so many other metal bands at that time.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 11:54 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Nah, you're crazy Razz

I bought it when it came out.  It was a huge disappointment just like so many other metal bands at that time.

Did you like Blessing in Disguise? That's my favorite from them.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 11:59 am

I loved it and played it all the time.  Nowadays I prefer "The Dark".

What I meant by sucking for a while is that tHF was obviously streamlining their sound to try to hold on in a changing musical climate. Not that BiD was bad.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 12:01 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

I loved it and played it all the time.  Nowadays I prefer "The Dark".

The Dark is excellent.

I get your meaning, even if I love The Human Factor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 12:36 pm

The debut is the best by a wide margin. The Dark is good, but I find it to be a tad paint-by-numbers compared to the debut, I think Blessing is a definite improvement over The Dark. I was already moving onto other things by the time The Human Factor was released, I didn't hear that album until the past 10 years or so.

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 12:49 pm

Blessing In Disguise has always been my favorite Metal Church album. It strikes a very nice balance between crushingly heavy and melodic.

And for some reason the debut never really clicked with me, and I've tried a few times to get into it.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 1:52 pm

Wurthless wrote:
Blessing In Disguise has always been my favorite Metal Church album. It strikes a very nice balance between crushingly heavy and melodic.

And for some reason the debut never really clicked with me, and I've tried a few times to get into it.

I feel the same way. I like the debut fine but I much prefer the next 3.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 1:57 pm

The new song sounds good. It doesn't blow me away, but it's good.

Funny, I love the debut, Blessing In Disguise, and Human Factor, but I'm not crazy about The Dark.

I'm thinking about starting favorite song polls for Metal Church when the Judas Priest ones finish.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 2:05 pm

A song that has really been blowing me away lately:

I just love this riffage.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 2:07 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
The new song sounds good. It doesn't blow me away, but it's good.

Funny, I love the debut, Blessing In Disguise, and Human Factor, but I'm not crazy about The Dark.

I'm thinking about starting favorite song polls for Metal Church when the Judas Priest ones finish.

I'm in favor of that idea
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 9:51 am

The debut and Blessing will always be my faves, but the last year or so, I have been listening to "The Dark" more than anything else. Making up for lost time I guess. The "Human Factor" is great though.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 5:07 pm

The new song is ok. Mike sounds good. But I wasn't blown away by it.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 6:09 pm

I liked everything up through Human Factor. After that I lost track of them for several years.Mike has always been my favorite mc voice.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 4:17 pm

Human Factor is a relentless hard metal album--a successful efforts that has a hard rock edge with metallic riffing and production. To say it went with what was popular is a rather strange statement. Hell, the title track was a stab at commercial music. The album had nothing in common with metal trends at the time.

Anyway, this new song is very good. Mike sounds fantastic; however his melody has been frequently duplicated throughout his career with MC. Also he never really goes full bore. I kept waiting for him to give us a nice scream during the refrain. Seems the whole song is somewhat neutered by restraint. The riff is good and memorable but drags a bit.

But it's still a headbanger of a number and I'm satisfied.

Curious about the production. Kurdt came out on Facebook declaring the recording of this album was "old school." Whatever that means.

Wish I had the money for a pre-order. Some of the packages look great.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 1:00 pm

Curious about the production. Kurdt came out on Facebook declaring the recording of this album was "old school." Whatever that means.

I hope I don't get laughed at for my ignorance in recording and producing, but could he have meant Analog?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next