Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within

Go down 
+4
Temple of Blood
arttieTHE1manparty
steel warrior
mez
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within Empty
PostSubject: Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within   Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:57 pm

So I was wondering if anyone picked up the new Ronny Munroe solo CD. For those who dont know who he is, he is the vocalist for Metal Church.

I picked it up and think it is very impressive except for a couple parts where he talks in one song and the one song his awful scream at the beginning. Otherwise I am very impressed.

I usually see Ronny Munroe, Blaze Bayley and Ripper Owens get beat up and bashed on posting boards, and all three have albums out (Rippers coming in May) with-in the last year and I think these guys are amazing. Not sure why they get riduculed so much.
Back to top Go down
steel warrior
Metal student
Metal student
steel warrior

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within   Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:23 pm

mez wrote:
So I was wondering if anyone picked up the new Ronny Munroe solo CD. For those who dont know who he is, he is the vocalist for Metal Church.

I picked it up and think it is very impressive except for a couple parts where he talks in one song and the one song his awful scream at the beginning. Otherwise I am very impressed.

I usually see Ronny Munroe, Blaze Bayley and Ripper Owens get beat up and bashed on posting boards, and all three have albums out (Rippers coming in May) with-in the last year and I think these guys are amazing. Not sure why they get riduculed so much.

It's a great album from a great guy. I meet him in person 3 weeks ago, had some drinks, he ever sang The Trooper as guest vocalist of my friend's band. He is one hell of a cool guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within   Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:14 am

What is the style like. I'm guessing close to Metal Church.

They get beat up on because they all have followed some hallowed names in the metal world and will always struggle to come out of those shadows. And it may be a sacrilege but I like Rippers voice better then Halford and Jugulator is my third favorite Judas Priest album.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within   Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:37 pm

I would say it is a heavier and faster Metal Church in comparison. At least heavier and faster than the last 3 MC albums were with Ronny. Very goood to any fan of metal. I think it has a classic sound to it.

Hell if people are still willing to try stuff by Queensrych, then why not a solo album by a good singer, it sure to end up better than what Queensrych has done since Empire.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within   Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:45 pm

Good stuff, in my opinion.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within   Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 6:28 pm

samples anywhere?

From what I have heard of his pre-MC band PALADIN, they were really cool too.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within   Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:03 am

Man I would love to score some of his stuff pre MC. I enjoy MC a bucnh but dig Ronny's vocals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within   Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:25 pm

I put this on the list to get. Right up my alley.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within   Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:38 pm

being on the shadows of metal church, this would be hard to give a try. I am listening some songs of myspace. So far this sound much better than A LIGHT IN THE DARK.
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within   Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 11:33 pm

Quote :
For those who dont know who he is, he is the vocalist for Metal Church.

Haha, thanks for letting me know. Razz

Nah seriously, if it's anything as cool as the Metal Church stuff with him, then I'd love to hear it. Even if it's not, if it's cool metal, I'll check it out. Smile

Why would people bash on Munroe as the vocalist anyways? He's great AND he got a blessing from both Wayne AND Howe. And I've been listening to so much Metal Church with him as the vocalist lately, I've almost forgotten there were other guys since I hear him so much. Haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within   Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:07 am

I want to get his album. I like him even more than Ripper Owens. He has more variety in his vocals...
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within   Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 6:03 am

Picked up this album in paris earlier this year. Great performance. I am impressed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within   Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ronny Munroe - The Fire Within
Page 1 of 1