Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church

Go down 
+24
Lurideath
assault_attack
Thrasher73
Sword Of The Heretic
80s Metal Lady
the sentinel
manny
Rex
Wrecked Neck
Shawn Of Fire
Boris2008
MetallicSeminarian
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Arjun_M
Troublezone
Gilbert
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
choosemetal
corplhicks
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Empty
PostSubject: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 2:17 pm

Sad news, but at least he made it through the surgery. From the band's Facebook:

AFTER 10 YEARS, 4 ALBUMS AND MANY GREAT SHOWS & PERFORMANCES, LEAD VOCALIST RONNY MONROE WILL BE LEAVING METAL CHURCH TO PURSUE OTHER INTERESTS. THIS IS REGRETTABLE, BUT UNDERSTANDABLE. WE WISH RONNY SUCCESS WITH HIS NEW ENDEAVORS. TO OUR FANS WE WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT METAL CHURCH IS STILL VERY MUCH ALIVE AND WE WILL HAVE SOME BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR YOU IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE \m/

Last edited by corplhicks on Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 2:40 pm

oh man!!
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 2:40 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Sad news, but at least he made it through the surgery. From the band's Facebook:

AFTER 10 YEARS, 4 ALBUMS AND MANY GREAT SHOWS & PERFORMANCES, LEAD VOCALIST RONNY MONROE WILL BE LEAVING METAL CHURCH TO PURSUE OTHER INTERESTS. THIS IS REGRETTABLE, BUT UNDERSTANDABLE. WE WISH RONNY SUCCESS WITH HIS NEW ENDEAVORS. TO OUR FANS WE WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT METAL CHURCH IS STILL VERY MUCH ALIVE AND WE WILL HAVE SOME BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR YOU IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE \m/

Well that sucks.  He was great with them when I saw them live.

I wonder what will happen to the live footage they filmed at the concert I attended? They played "Start The Fire" and "Ton of Bricks" twice to get as much footage as possible.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 2:50 pm

Well, I don't blame him but it's disappointing. He was a great fit but his solo stuff sounded good too.

I'm surprised they have a replacement so quickly considering that they seemed to have a hard time finding him!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 4:33 pm

disappointing. but as long as the band goes on, that is fine by me.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 5:06 pm

WF, that was supposed to be a dvd release that was gonna happen ages ago. It looks like funding and exhaust are what's holding it back. Since the band went independent, they've been working twice as hard, especially considering their age. I'm wondering if that was the reason for Ronny's surgery (it looks like something related to his gallbladder) and departure, but it could be anyone's guess.

What sucks is a. I never got to see him with the band, b. He was a perfect fit and even perfected his style on Gen Nothing, and c. Kurdt was acting like that album was the genesis of all things new for the band. This could be a huge damper. Hoping for the best.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 5:20 pm

Well that's bad news. I liked what he had done with the band. Here's hoping that everything works out for the best for all involved.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 6:22 pm

I'm glad I got to see him sing with them before they broke up a few years back. It was a great show. Only downside is they didn't play any "deep cuts".
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 9:11 pm

I've been a fan since The Human Factor days. Ronny is good, but I always wanted them to reunite with Mike Howe.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 11:47 pm

isn't mike howe a lawyer now?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 11:59 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Lots of rumors about this, but the most evident one is manager of a construction company in TN. The other rumor is that he's pissed at Kurdt for not inviting him back into the fold after Wayne left. No one really knows. What we do know is he refuses interviews. Speaking of Mike...

Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church 10172739_10201954056273448_8388669824753730324_n
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 11:59 pm

Gilbert wrote:

I thought he worked as a carpenter in Tennessee.

edit - Looks like hicks and I posted at the same time! -
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 12:48 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Good timing haha!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 1:41 am

I heard the rumor that he was in construction.
Back to top Go down
Arjun_M
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 4:15 am

Disappointing news, since they had split up for four years, and reunited only last year. Hopefully they can still stay active. A bit hard when they're going independent, at their age.

I always liked Ronny's voice- this deeper alternative to the stereotypical screechy power metal voices made this band a lot more interesting, when they recorded with him.

Witchfinder wrote:

That was Fates Warning's John Arch, wasn't it? Another variant was that he was into furniture retail. Sometimes, the same rumours cross over, although Arch returned to record a few songs once.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 12:42 pm

Rumors are swirling that Mike Howe may be returning to the Metal Church fold... MC posted a pic of Mike on their Facebook a couple of days ago (a still from the "Date With Poverty" video) and everybody went bananas, asking if it meant anything... the band has neither confirmed nor denied the rumors, though, so now we play the waiting game...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 12:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Rumors are swirling that Mike Howe may be returning to the Metal Church fold... MC posted a pic of Mike on their Facebook a couple of days ago (a still from the "Date With Poverty" video) and everybody went bananas, asking if it meant anything... the band has neither confirmed nor denied the rumors, though, so now we play the waiting game...

I saw that too.  They've been teasing a return very heavily on FB.  That would be pretty cool if it happened.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 12:47 pm

Quote :
I saw that too. They've been teasing a return very heavily on FB. That would be pretty cool if it happened.

Yeah, it would be cool. I really wanted to like the Munroe era stuff but aside from a song or two on each album, nothin' really grabbed me whole hog.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 2:47 pm

I like munroe and howe. hope we will have a new album soon.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 6:40 pm

Here's hoping the Howe rumors are true. All Metal Church is awesome to me,but I've been more partial to the Howe era.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 8:16 pm

Well, scanning the comments under Mike's pic, it seems that Kurdt is 'liking' all the ones referring to Mike re-joining. I'd say this happening. Which means that dreams do come true.

I do wonder how his voice will hold up, though.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26453

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 11:56 am

It would be awesome if Mike did rejoin. I hope those rumors are true!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 12:22 pm

It's probably the only thing that would give me reason to care about Metal Church these days.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 7:37 pm

So the Mike Howe reunion is looking to be a thing. Today Kurdt posted the below quote to the MC Facebook. Out of the 30 or so comments it received, he "liked" every one regarding bringing back Mike Howe. Though this kind of thing already happened, any videos that have been posted on the page have been only Howe-era, and the comments there show the same story. Finally, check out what Kurdt put in quotations below.

Quote :
We are currently working on what we feel will be the most exciting chapter of Metal Church in many years! We look forward to sharing our 2015 plans with you, but all "in due time", so hang in there! Thank you for your continued support! \m/
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 7:38 pm

corplhicks wrote:
So the Mike Howe reunion is looking to be a thing. Today Kurdt posted the below quote to the MC Facebook. Out of the 30 or so comments it received, he "liked" every one regarding bringing back Mike Howe. Though this kind of thing already happened, any videos that have been posted on the page have been only Howe-era, and the comments there show the same story. Finally, check out what Kurdt put in quotations below.

Quote :
We are currently working on what we feel will be the most exciting chapter of Metal Church in many years! We look forward to sharing our 2015 plans with you, but all "in due time", so hang in there! Thank you for your continued support! \m/

I saw that today too. I hope the reunion happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next