Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church

Go down 
+24
Lurideath
assault_attack
Thrasher73
Sword Of The Heretic
80s Metal Lady
the sentinel
manny
Rex
Wrecked Neck
Shawn Of Fire
Boris2008
MetallicSeminarian
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Arjun_M
Troublezone
Gilbert
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
choosemetal
corplhicks
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 2:51 pm

I had no issue with the Munroe albums. I'm just glad that Howe was able to return to the band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 2:54 pm

I'll file this in the "cautiously optimistic" bin for now. That status will be re-evaluated after hearing something with Mike on the mic.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 3:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'll file this in the "cautiously optimistic" bin for now. That status will be re-evaluated after hearing something with Mike on the mic.

^^ What my esteemed colleague sez.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 4:10 pm

Wow, I never thought this would happen. This is great news! Mike Howe is one of my favorites singers. He has a cool voice that is instantly recognizable and fits perfect with MC. Too bad Craig Wells isn't a part of it too.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 2:58 pm

Wow! Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 3:13 pm

Yes, this "reunion" needs Craig Wells too.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 3:38 pm

Glad to see Mike has rejoined!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 12:05 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Ronny was never the problem.

I'm trying to understand this; who ever said he was the problem?

Anyway, what I find cool about this--and yeah, I really wish Craig and Duke would join in as well (Kirk has too many health issues)--is that the legendary Mike Howe is being resurrected after such a huge absence. Even if he sounds like shit, his ghost-like status from the industry has been such a glaring question mark that his PRESENCE brings joy in obliterating that. It's actually satisfying to see him arrive again like this. Or maybe I'm just one of those wacko fanboys who sees him as a god of sorts. Well, for that I am unapologetic.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 12:27 pm

Do you think mike still sounds good? I have no clue whether he was musically active away from metal church.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 12:51 am

Gilbert wrote:
Do you think mike still sounds good? I have no clue whether he was musically active away from metal church.

He hasn't been active since he left the scene and swore off project bands, so his voice could still be in shape sans gravity. I'm not too concerned though. I'm just glad to see him stepping out from behind the curtain.

On another note, it seems that MC's Facebook is flooded with fans crying "BLESSING IN DISGUISE" or songs from the album, quoting lyrics and such. What's everyone's perspective on Human Factor? It seems to be largely ignored even though it was their high point and contained their most engaging and mature songwriting. There seemed to be more of a hard rock edge on that album with Mike dialing it down just a tad while throwing some snarl in his attitude. Also lyrically it was one of the most sociopolitical metal releases out there.

Blessing in Disguise is near great with a kick ass pair of bookends, but if you really listen through the whole record and think about it--well, it's kind of a mess. Riffs are just thrown around like Yahtzee dice with little rhyme or reason. Some instrumental breaks overstay their welcome. Sometimes it just gets odd. My enjoyment comes from the more conventional elements of the songs rather than when things get tech or proggy (Kurdt, being a huge fan of prog, most likely encouraged the band in this direction even though he wasn't playing at the time). That kind of thing worked on the debut but tends to be forgettable here.

As for Hanging in the Balance, I view that as an equal to Human Factor in terms of tightness, energy, innovation, and scale. So I guess that makes BiD at the bottom of my Mike Howe totem pole, though I still love it.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 12:56 am

corplhicks wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

He hasn't been active since he left the scene and swore off project bands, so his voice could still be in shape sans gravity. I'm not too concerned though. I'm just glad to see him stepping out from behind the curtain.

On another note, it seems that MC's Facebook is flooded with fans crying "BLESSING IN DISGUISE" or songs from the album, quoting lyrics and such. What's everyone's perspective on Human Factor? It seems to be largely ignored even though it was their high point and contained their most engaging and mature songwriting. There seemed to be more of a hard rock edge on that album with Mike dialing it down just a tad while throwing some snarl in his attitude. Also lyrically it was one of the most sociopolitical metal releases out there.

Blessing in Disguise is near great with a kick ass pair of bookends, but if you really listen through the whole record and think about it--well, it's kind of a mess. Riffs are just thrown around like Yahtzee dice with little rhyme or reason. Some instrumental breaks overstay their welcome. Sometimes it just gets odd. My enjoyment comes from the more conventional elements of the songs rather than when things get tech or proggy (Kurdt, being a huge fan of prog, most likely encouraged the band in this direction even though he wasn't playing at the time). That kind of thing worked on the debut but tends to be forgettable here.

As for Hanging in the Balance, I view that as an equal to Human Factor in terms of tightness, energy, innovation, and scale. So I guess that makes BiD at the bottom of my Mike Howe totem pole, though I still love it.

The Human Factor is my favorite Howe Metal Church album.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 1:00 am

Witchfinder wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

The Human Factor is my favorite Howe Metal Church album.  

headbanger

Also forgot to say that In Mourning is one of the greatest anti-PMRC songs ever written.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 6:59 am

I really like The Human Factor, but I prefer Blessing in Disguise. There's a few tracks in the latter half of Human Factor that don't do as much for me.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 7:58 am

The Human Factor is easily the best Howe fronted Metal Church album. After that I'd take Hanging In The Balance although Blessing is no slouch.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 12:55 pm

Hanging is my fave by MC and The Human Factor is just below that.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 1:07 pm

My favorite Howe-era is Blessing...but I love the other 2 as well.

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 1:11 pm

Blessing is the only one I owned at the time, it's a good record and I like the instrumental arrangements on that album.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 1:12 pm

Never understood why people like Hanging, but there is a lot of great stuff on BiD.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 6:34 pm

I like everything they did with Mike Howe, but Hanging in the Balance is my least favorite.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 2:57 pm

Some cool news from the Howe himself:

"I'm back in the studio with Kurdt Vanderhoof for the next 3 days,recording more new Metal Church tracks! I can't wait for you all to hear this stuff when it's done! - MIKE HOWE"
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 3:10 pm

Bravo. 2015 is shaping up well after all!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 7:03 pm

Bring it on! I hope this reunion w/Howe will last until the band truly "retires" for the last time. He is one of my favorite singers.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 7:07 pm

I'm sure it will be killer.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 1:50 am

I'm excited to hear what he brings to the band. I was lucky enough to see them on the Generation Nothing tour and it just blew me away. Really looking forward to seeing them again with Howe taking center stage.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 2:48 pm

Sneaky peek of the new MC... "Badlands 2015"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church   Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ronny Munroe leaves Metal Church
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next