Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What albums do you like that most others don't ?

Go down 
+41
mlotek
80s Metal Lady
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
Addy
Hadley
Shawn Of Fire
bass63
Required Fields
Dark Horseman
candlemass
iamrockerfun
Vexer6
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
nevermore
Gryphon-kl
manny
brokentulsa
Sword Of The Heretic
ultmetal
jettafiend
DakotaRogers
jstate
martinsane
exact33
MetalRob331
Leatherface
BearOnUnicycle
Thelemech
Thrasher73
corplhicks
Lari
mc666
chewie
MetallicSeminarian
Orion Crystal Ice
Wurthless
rajah
akeldama
James B.
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:02 am

Anything by Creed  Laughing very hard Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:25 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
THANK YOU - 'My Fruit' is amazing! Now we just have to get people to listen to maudlin of the Well in the first place.  lol! 

Couple I can think of off the top of my head..

Pink Floyd - Momentary Lapse of Reason..the perennial whipping boy in the discography....but I heard this in pitch black when I was about 11, knowing absolutely nothing about PF or why I should listen to something or not, and I was hooked from 'Signs of Life' onward.... yeah, there's some pop in there in the production, in the drums... but this is really such a rich record.

Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth.... Everyone else can wait for another Tolkien collection, I'll rock out to this..this was really something they needed to do, it's less produced than the last couple, it's got fresh sounds....great stuff.

For once OCI, you and I are in complete agreement Smile

martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:53 am

I don't think most appreciate the Warrior Soul catalog as much as I do. One of my top 10 bands ever. Same goes for Enuff Z Nuff's catalog...
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:51 am

I'm with you on both Warrior Soul and Enuff Z Nuff. Last Decade Dead Century would be the first album I'd take with me if I was stranded on a desert island.

The one that I always think in these type of threads.... Diamond Head - Death and Progress. I was so blind in my love of it that it was only when I got online that I realized it wasn't as loved as the rest of Diamond Head's albums. Time has only made me like it more.

The other big one is Budgie's Deliver Us From Evil. I'd probably take that second after Last Decade for that deserted island.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 12:16 pm

Since Warrior Soul is being brought up, I'll add "Chill Pill" to the mix.

The tone in the riff for "Cargos Of Doom" is brutal.  
Kory is a train wreck/genius who had so much potential, but...............

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 12:37 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:

Fates Warning - Inside Out

Forgot about that one.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 2:08 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Anything by Creed  Laughing very hard Laughing very hard 

You win.  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 3:18 pm

akeldama wrote:
Good call on The Soft Parade, Wurthless.

lol, shoulda checked the name first.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 4:25 pm

S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Why do I keep hearing that Frolic in the Park was an unpopular album? I thought it was even better than Ultra-Violence. Has my opinion been in the minority all these years?

Thrash purists have problems with anything different.

God forbid someone say they don't like something that you like, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 4:29 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Why do I keep hearing that Frolic in the Park was an unpopular album? I thought it was even better than Ultra-Violence. Has my opinion been in the minority all these years?

I really don't give a shit.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 4:30 pm

Everything by Megadeth (With the exception of "Super Collider")
HeXeN- Being and Nothingness
Metallica- Death Magnetic
Voivod- Angel Rat
Coroner- Grin
Ghost- Infestissumam

Last edited by DakotaRogers on Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 4:31 pm

S.D. wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:
S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I really don't give a shit.  

Good. I had you pegged for one of those people who stop liking an album because a few others hate it.  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 4:36 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:

Good. I had you pegged for one of those people who stop liking an album because a few others hate it.  Laughing very hard 

You definitely don't know me then.  Very Happy 

"Got no time for closed minds, I got my feet on the ground not in it. I don't see in tunnel vision or black and white because I'm a 3-D man, 3-D man."

Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 4:42 pm

S.D. wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:

You definitely don't know me then.   Very Happy 

"Got no time for closed minds, I got my feet on the ground not in it.  I don't see in tunnel vision or black and white because I'm a 3-D man, 3-D man."

"Here I am surrounded, surrounded, SURROUN-DED. Surrounded by idiots!"
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 6:03 pm

Pink Floyd- A Momentary Lapse of Reason. This was my intro into PF and mt absolute favorite album by them.

Rush - Moving Pictures and Roll the Bones. I dunno, I just really like these albums more than everything else I have heard.

Megadeth - Risk. This is a great hard-rock album, just not a Megadeth album. Still, very well done and Dave sings with a lot of emotion and the songs are very well written.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 6:59 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Onslaught-In Search of Sanity

Good call !
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 7:10 pm

007 wrote:
Leatherface wrote:
Onslaught-In Search of Sanity

Good call !

Love it. Still my favorite Onslaught album. Grimmett rules!

Celtic Frost - Cold Lake

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 7:11 pm

jettafiend wrote:

Rush - Moving Pictures

That's a pretty popular album. I've met few Rush fans who don't like that one, including myself.

Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 7:26 pm

S.D. wrote:
Coroner - Grin

I was just exposed to Coroner this year, actually last month, and that was the album I started with on youtube. I was impressed.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:41 pm

Sword Of The Heretic wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Coroner - Grin

I was just exposed to Coroner this year, actually last month, and that was the album I started with on youtube. I was impressed.

One of my favorite bands, but that's a weird album to start with. Very funky, ambient/industrial tech thrash!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:13 pm

Grin is a killer record and a logical extension from Mental Vortex. I wish they had stayed together and continued to experiment in new directions.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 9:51 pm

The only Coroner I have is Mental Vortex, but I really hope to get more soon.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:22 pm

Megadeth...risk
Judas priest...turbo
Ozzy...the ultimate sin
Ted nugent...penatrator
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:49 pm

Pink Floyd- The Final Cut
KISS- Unmasked
Van Halen- Balance
Judas Priest-Turbo
Ted Nugent- Little Miss Dangerous
Raven- The Pack is Back
AC/DC-Stiff Upper Lip
Metallica- St. Anger
Deep Purple- Masters and Slaves
The Doors- Full Circle
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 12:02 am

Saxon - Rock the Nations. I'll admit it's rather lightweight compared to their other stuff I've heard, but it was my introduction to the band.

The others I can think of off the top of my head have already been mentioned (Turbo, Promised Land, Chill Pill, Sound of White Noise, Stomp 442, Born Again, probably a few more).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What albums do you like that most others don't ?
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next