Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What albums do you like that most others don't ?

Go down 
+41
mlotek
80s Metal Lady
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
Addy
Hadley
Shawn Of Fire
bass63
Required Fields
Dark Horseman
candlemass
iamrockerfun
Vexer6
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
nevermore
Gryphon-kl
manny
brokentulsa
Sword Of The Heretic
ultmetal
jettafiend
DakotaRogers
jstate
martinsane
exact33
MetalRob331
Leatherface
BearOnUnicycle
Thelemech
Thrasher73
corplhicks
Lari
mc666
chewie
MetallicSeminarian
Orion Crystal Ice
Wurthless
rajah
akeldama
James B.
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 12:35 pm

As much as I like the early Sodom records, I can completely understand why some people don't and don't think it makes them 'not real Sodom fans' the drums do sound like someone spanking a wet rat!  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 12:40 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
As much as I like the early Sodom records, I can completely understand why some people don't and don't think it makes them 'not real Sodom fans' the drums do sound like someone spanking a wet rat!  Laughing very hard 

Now, THAT'S a vivid image.  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 4:43 pm

1. Most of Tourniquet's discography
2. Death Angel's "Killing Season"
3. "I Bomb New York" by Villainizer
4. Voivod- Angel Rat
5. Titans Eve's discography
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 4:48 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:

Oh, yeah. Love me some Tourniquet. They're my favorite thrash band.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 4:58 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:

Oh, yeah. Love me some Tourniquet. They're my favorite thrash band.

I'm glad someone else does. Seems like they're dismissed just because they're a Christian band. But passing up riffs and solos of "Pathogenic" magnitude is sheer insanity.  \'arry \'eadbanger 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Angel Rat is killer, all the records Voivod released from Dimension Hatross through The Outer Limits are great progressive albums. Voivod sounded like nobody else during this period.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 7:08 pm

S.D. wrote:
Angel Rat is killer, all the records Voivod released from Dimension Hatross through The Outer Limits are great progressive albums.  Voivod sounded like nobody else during this period.  

Agreed. I like Angel Rat quite a bit.  headbanger 

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 7:40 pm

I'm not a Voivod fan but I've always wanted to like the band. I completely see the appeal there, can't say the same for most stuff I don't like.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 8:28 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I'm not a Voivod fan but I've always wanted to like the band. I completely see the appeal there, can't say the same for most stuff I don't like.

Same here. I think my problem is that I went into them thinking they were a thrash metal act, and I was like, nnnnooooooo...
Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 6:34 pm

Just thought of one more, Kiss Psycho Circus. When this came out I thought it was the best thing they had done since Creatures of the Night. Still reach for this one as much as I do their early stuff.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 6:53 pm

rajah wrote:
Just thought of one more, Kiss Psycho Circus. When this came out I thought it was the best thing they had done since Creatures of the Night. Still reach for this one as much as I do their early stuff.
Agreed, forgot to mention the one, I even like the Peter Criss song.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 7:11 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
rajah wrote:

Other than that one song, it's a great album. I just cannot stomach that thing.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 7:48 pm

007 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
rajah wrote:

Can't really think of a KISS song I don't like it(aside from their lackluster cover of Kissin Time) I also like "Nothing Can Keep Me From You" on the DRC soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 8:13 pm

Some have mentioned "Power Windows" by Rush, while it's by no means my favorite, certainly a lot better than I once gave it credit for...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 6:36 am

Vexer6 wrote:
007 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
rajah wrote:

Can't really think of a KISS song I don't like it(aside from their lackluster cover of Kissin Time) I also like "Nothing Can Keep Me From You" on the DRC soundtrack.

I actually prefer that to I Finally Found My Way. Too bad that Nothing Can Keep Me From You wasn't on Psycho Circus.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 7:35 am

corplhicks wrote:
Guess I should throw Winger's debut in here. One of the most hated albums of its era, yet it has been my best friend since the onset of adolescence. At least one of my best friends.

What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 25679 

IMO, Winger is one of the most underrated bands from that era.

Agreed. One track I always want to play for people is "Baptized by Fire" off the second record. I feel that really is a good example of how excellent they are, musicianship-wise.

Also, I've said it before, by "Madelaine" is one heavy ass album opener, and it really lights the debut on fire. Such good stuff.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 7:37 am

mlotek wrote:
S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Why do I keep hearing that Frolic in the Park was an unpopular album? I thought it was even better than Ultra-Violence. Has my opinion been in the minority all these years?

Thrash purists have problems with anything different.

It was sort of a letdown from the Ultraviolence, but ACTIII was even wimpier.
They started changing before the grunge era, if they had just waited...

Act III slays. My favorite DA record, no question, and easily in my top 10 thrash records of all time.

1990 to 1993 or so really is the best era of thrash, for me.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 7:40 am

007 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
007 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
rajah wrote:

I actually prefer that to I Finally Found My Way. Too bad that Nothing Can Keep Me From You wasn't on Psycho Circus.

I love Psycho Circus. Like all KISS records post-Unmasked, it has its share of unessential tunes, but I'd say 75% at least of the record just rips.

The only KISS album I 100% can't stomach across the board is Carnival of Souls.
Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 7:56 am

I guess I am a Kiss fanboy, cause I really like Carnival of Souls as well. The only Kiss I don't like are the solo albums(except for Ace's) and the Elder.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 8:01 am

rajah wrote:
I guess I am a Kiss fanboy, cause I really like Carnival of Souls as well. The only Kiss I don't like are the solo albums(except for Ace's) and the Elder.

Well, if we are talking solo albums, then you can throw the Gene and Peter albums onto the short list of records I don't like by KISS. I guess Gene's had an okay tune or two, and I like Peter's version of "Tossin' and Turnin".

I really like The Elder...much more than most people. Plus, for some reason, I think Paul looks cool with that head band thing.

What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 D09343ec2502a8c4ed1c3edb72ad3ed6b4ca55
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 3:18 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
mlotek wrote:
S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Why do I keep hearing that Frolic in the Park was an unpopular album? I thought it was even better than Ultra-Violence. Has my opinion been in the minority all these years?

Thrash purists have problems with anything different.

It was sort of a letdown from the Ultraviolence, but ACTIII was even wimpier.
They started changing before the grunge era, if they had just waited...

Act III slays. My favorite DA record, no question, and easily in my top 10 thrash records of all time.

1990 to 1993 or so really is the best era of thrash, for me.

I just bought Act III for Christmas - it still is my favorite from DA as well - what a great album!!
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 9:24 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Guess I should throw Winger's debut in here. One of the most hated albums of its era, yet it has been my best friend since the onset of adolescence. At least one of my best friends.

Agreed. One track I always want to play for people is "Baptized by Fire" off the second record. I feel that really is a good example of how excellent they are, musicianship-wise.

Also, I've said it before, by "Madelaine" is one heavy ass album opener, and it really lights the debut on fire. Such good stuff.

Totally agree with this sentiment. Reb Beach simply shreds on this album.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 1:13 pm

jettafiend wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Totally agree with this sentiment. Reb Beach simply shreds on this album.

Fantastic guitar player. A very tasteful shredder, regardless of popular opinion.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 6:15 am

Good to see some love for Winger. I think their whole catalogue is very under-rated.

I've always dug Peter Criss's Out Of Control. It also has one of my all time favorite album covers.

Though it's their punk fans who hate it, Discharge's Massacre Divine is an insanely great record.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 9:40 am

What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 8f4f810ae7a0afa2dfabe110.L._SY300_
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What albums do you like that most others don't ?
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next