Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What albums do you like that most others don't ?

Go down 
+41
mlotek
80s Metal Lady
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
Addy
Hadley
Shawn Of Fire
bass63
Required Fields
Dark Horseman
candlemass
iamrockerfun
Vexer6
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
nevermore
Gryphon-kl
manny
brokentulsa
Sword Of The Heretic
ultmetal
jettafiend
DakotaRogers
jstate
martinsane
exact33
MetalRob331
Leatherface
BearOnUnicycle
Thelemech
Thrasher73
corplhicks
Lari
mc666
chewie
MetallicSeminarian
Orion Crystal Ice
Wurthless
rajah
akeldama
James B.
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 9:47 pm

mc666 wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:

Scorpions : Animal Magnetism
Who doesn't love that album?

Yeah, it's actually the only Scorps album I'd say I love. Weird choice.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 11:50 pm

I was going to list The Wake of Magellan by Savatage then I saw corpl had listed Handful of rain. Well, I like both.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 11:56 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I was going to list The Wake of Magellan by Savatage then I saw corpl had listed Handful of rain. Well, I like both.

I've yet to hear Magellan.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 1:12 am

corplhicks wrote:
Savatage - Handful of Rain.

Some love it, some hate it, I'm in the former category. Although it has more to do with nostalgia than it truly being a great album or something. I would agree that it's truly not a Savatage album, however.

this is my fave Savatage album by far.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 1:15 am

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
I like every single Petra album other than Double Take. Some of that stuff probably falls under this thread.

X2! I am a Petra fanboy. Beyond Belief was the first album I ever bought with my own cash... and the rest is history.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 1:31 am

jettafiend wrote:
I like every single Petra album other than Double Take. Some of that stuff probably falls under this thread.

X2! I am a Petra fanboy. Beyond Belief was the first album I ever bought with my own cash... and the rest is history.

Everyone will disagree with me, but On Fire is a METAL album.  \'arry \'eadbanger 
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 7:06 am

corplhicks wrote:
jettafiend wrote:

Everyone will disagree with me, but On Fire is a METAL album.  \'arry \'eadbanger 

Yeah, it is!  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:15 am

Don't know if these two were mentioned, but I always liked Helloween's Chameleon and Black Sabbath's Forbidden. I mean, I get what people don't like about them (especially Helloween) but to my ears they sound ok.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:24 am

Speaking of the Scorpions....

Savage Amusement is one I love. I also dig Pure Instinct and Eye II Eye.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:34 am

Queensryche - Hear In The Now Frontier

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:40 am

Apparently at least in the hallowed halls of Heart of Metal, Nirvana, I actually like all three of their studio albums, and album of outtakes. Great songs played with lots of feeling
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 11:25 am

I still like The Glorious Burden better then anything else by Iced Earth.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 12:21 pm

Stryper: In God We Trust. I'll take it over THWTD easily.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 12:42 pm

'Chameleon' has a lot of cool songs on it. Better than the stiff 'Pink Bubbles Go Ape'.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 12:49 pm

manny wrote:
Apparently at least in the hallowed halls of Heart of Metal, Nirvana, I actually like all three of their studio albums, and album of outtakes. Great songs played with lots of feeling

I completely agree with this statement. It's just a shame that they got lumped in with such an uninspired movement as grunge.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 12:51 pm

Anthrax's State of Euphoria gets alot of 'meh' from fans, but I've always enjoyed it.

My love probably stems more from nostalgia however. I do believe that was my first Anthrax album. I may have lifted a cassette from Tower Records when it was a new release.

Pantera's Reinventing the Steel is another one that seems to get dissed quite a bit.

I wasn't really a fan until I saw them live and I immediatly went to Tower and bought that album (yes, that one I paid for). I then back-tracked and purchased their older albums. But Reinventing was pretty much my introduction to the band, so again, nostalgia plays a factor there too.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 11:58 pm

corplhicks wrote:
jettafiend wrote:

Yeah, it is!  headbanger 

I agree as is Unseen Power. That album has Bob Hartman riffing his butt off. By far my Fave Petra album.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 9:24 am

Accept - Eat The Heat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 10:31 am

Yes, I accept all of the criticisms of Kelly's album. It's all true, but it didn't stop me quite liking it.

But then when that flopped and she completely changed her musical style at the drop of a hat?...........

I quite liked that too!  Embarassed 

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 11:42 am

I think it has more to do with her looking like Ozzy w/ boobs  surprised

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 11:54 am

007 wrote:
Don't know if these two were mentioned, but I always liked Helloween's Chameleon and Black Sabbath's Forbidden. I mean, I get what people don't like about them (especially Helloween) but to my ears they sound ok.

I don't think the hate for Forbidden is legitimate. That is a good record, and it still sounds like Sabbath to me. I think it's awesome that Ernie C produced it. Body Count was awesome and I loved the production feel of their records. They kinda had a Sabbath vibe any way.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 11:57 am

Boris2008 wrote:
manny wrote:

I completely agree with this statement. It's just a shame that they got lumped in with such an uninspired movement as grunge.

Yeah, Nirvana were excellent.

Grunge is a weird sub-genre anyway, in that there was not a whole lot of cohesion. Like, if you are say something is "hair metal", you have a good idea what they will sound like.

Nirvana did not sound like Soundgarden did not sound like Alice in Chains that did not sound like Pearl Jam. I did not like Pearl Jam though. And I know their were C-level and copycat bands that *did* sound like these other bands, but you know.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 12:01 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

Yes, I accept all of the criticisms of Kelly's album. It's all true, but it didn't stop me quite liking it.

But then when that flopped and she completely changed her musical style at the drop of a hat?...........

I didn't really know that Kelly Osbourne's music career was noticed, nevermind liked or disliked by the crowd  lol! 
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 12:56 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

I didn't really know that Kelly Osbourne's music career was noticed, nevermind liked or disliked by the crowd  lol! 

Wow! Those clips are really bad.  sick 

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 1:16 pm

Stryper: In God We Trust. I'll take it over THWTD easily.

I like IGWT, not as much as THWTD but do like it. I did love the tour - saw the show at Hampton Coliseum... my first arena show on the barrier and it was killer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What albums do you like that most others don't ?
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next