Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What albums do you like that most others don't ?

Go down 
+41
mlotek
80s Metal Lady
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
Addy
Hadley
Shawn Of Fire
bass63
Required Fields
Dark Horseman
candlemass
iamrockerfun
Vexer6
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
nevermore
Gryphon-kl
manny
brokentulsa
Sword Of The Heretic
ultmetal
jettafiend
DakotaRogers
jstate
martinsane
exact33
MetalRob331
Leatherface
BearOnUnicycle
Thelemech
Thrasher73
corplhicks
Lari
mc666
chewie
MetallicSeminarian
Orion Crystal Ice
Wurthless
rajah
akeldama
James B.
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:17 pm

S.D. wrote:
What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 8f4f810ae7a0afa2dfabe110.L._SY300_

This. It gets either too much hate or is just unfairly ignored. Granted, it is a little more flat and boogie than the direction they were heading, but it still rocks.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:20 pm

corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:
What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 8f4f810ae7a0afa2dfabe110.L._SY300_

This. It gets either too much hate or is just unfairly ignored. Granted, it is a little more flat and boogie than the direction they were heading, but it still rocks.

It's better than British Steel (as is most of their catalog).
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:23 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I don't know if I'd got that far, I mean their were far more memorable and menacing songs on British Steel.

One thing to say of Steel though--I can't stand Living After Midnight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:30 pm

I really like Priest's little "commercial" period; Hell Bent For Leather, British Steel, Point Of Entry. Catchy, memorable songs and simple yet effective production.

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:53 pm

S.D. wrote:
I really like Priest's little "commercial" period; Hell Bent For Leather, British Steel, Point Of Entry. Catchy, memorable songs and simple yet effective production.  

Hell Bent for Leather is my favorite of those, but I prefer the earlier era.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 5:46 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I'd agree on that. I think Point Of Entry has some great tunes on it.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 am

What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Judas_10

Pretty much my intro album to metal and will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart. So screw you guys!!!!!  angry What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 19976 Mad :  What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 505193 

just kidding  

Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 9:25 am

Point of Entry came out when I was a senior in high school, that tour was my first rock concert, so that lp will always be rather special to me, I also happen to think it's very good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 11:46 am

Love both those albums, they're pretty much in the same vein if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 2:29 am

Scorpions...savage amusement
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 2:55 am

British Steel is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Ravenscraig
Metal student
Metal student
Ravenscraig

Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:30 am

Celtic Frost: "Cold Lake"

Kreator: "Endorama"

Flotsam and Jetsam: "When the Storm Comes Down"

Suffocation: "Breeding the Spawn"

Iron Maiden: Blaze albums

Carcass: "Swansong"
Back to top Go down
http://www.veilofdeception.com
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:33 pm

Just found a new one:

Testament - Souls of Black

I had this on tape when I was a kid and didn't listen to it much, don't remember why. After reading up on it I guess it's considered subpar. So I spun it a couple times. My God. It's better than Practice. In fact, it may be my favorite Testament album other than Legacy. Really intense and Chuck sounds angrier than before. I love it.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:37 pm

I like every single Petra album other than Double Take. Some of that stuff probably falls under this thread.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:44 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Just found a new one:

I had this on tape when I was a kid and didn't listen to it much, don't remember why. After reading up on it I guess it's considered subpar. So I spun it a couple times. My God. It's better than Practice. In fact, it may be my favorite Testament album other than Legacy. Really intense and Chuck sounds angrier than before. I love it.

I don't get why people are down on Souls. Easily my favorite Testament. But I also think they were trying to do their And Justice for All, which is probably why I like it, as Justice is my favorite metal record of all time.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:56 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Just found a new one:

I don't get why people are down on Souls. Easily my favorite Testament. But I also think they were trying to do their And Justice for All, which is probably why I like it, as Justice is my favorite metal record of all time.

It's a weak album, outside of some good songs (title track is a cool song). Even the band hates it..... Chuck sounds angry because he's pissed the songs aren't as good as they should be!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 5:01 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Just found a new one:

It's a weak album, outside of some good songs (title track is a cool song). Even the band hates it..... Chuck sounds angry because he's pissed the songs aren't as good as they should be!

I dunno why but I thought the whole 40m was pretty memorable. A lot of it got stuck in my head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 5:08 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

I agree and I also feel the same way about Practice What You Preach. Title track is killer, couple other good tracks, the rest sounds like they were on autopilot.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 5:33 pm

I really enjoy Souls, they have better if you ask me but i'm pretty much a fanboy.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 7:28 pm

Savatage - Handful of Rain.

Some love it, some hate it, I'm in the former category. Although it has more to do with nostalgia than it truly being a great album or something. I would agree that it's truly not a Savatage album, however.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 7:31 pm

I'm pretty  Sleep Sleep Sleep on the majority of post-Criss Savatage, however, there are always about 2 songs on each of those albums that I still really love. The title track is that for this album.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 7:51 pm

Castles Burning is one of my favorite Savatage songs, regardless of what era it came from. The Live in Japan version especially smokes.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 7:52 pm

The title track really is something else, gives me chills.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:53 pm

Motorhead : March or Die

Testament : The Ritual

Sodom : Better Off Dead

Metallica : Black Album

Scorpions : Animal Magnetism
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 9:11 pm

EmoElmo wrote:

Scorpions : Animal Magnetism
Who doesn't love that album?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What albums do you like that most others don't ?   What albums do you like that most others don't ? - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What albums do you like that most others don't ?
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next