Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your WORST albums of 2013

Go down 
+26
journeyman
jstate
Lurideath
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
brokentulsa
candlemass
allthingsmetal
DakotaRogers
Boris2008
jettafiend
Dark Horseman
MetallicSeminarian
iamrockerfun
nevermore
BearOnUnicycle
corplhicks
ultmetal
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
mc666
Lari
Wurthless
Witchfinder
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 12:31 pm

I tend to stay away from bands or albums I'm sure I wouldn't like. That being said.. These are albums that I thought I would like/love and they really disappointed me..

Phil Anselmo - Walk Through Exits Only (I gave this a chance and then threw it out)
Boston - Life, Love, and Hope (HUGE disappointment but that was sort of expected)
Coheed and Cambria - The Afterman: Decision (huge fan of this band but this is an album I prolly will never go back to)
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 1:43 pm

I bought the Anselmo/Warbeast EP...and it was complete shit. I never bothered with his album.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 2:21 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I bought the Anselmo/Warbeast EP...and it was complete shit. I never bothered with his album.

It's an even bigger turn IMO  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 2:22 pm

I hear ya Scott. Although I feel the same way about that Newsted. Almost every song sounds the same and his voice is quite monotonous.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 4:26 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I hear ya Scott. Although I feel the same way about that Newsted. Almost every song sounds the same and his voice is quite monotonous.

As much as I loved the Newsted album, I can see where some would feel that way.

It certainly isn't going to make my top 10. Everything went well on that record until he started rhyming 'heart' with 'start.' A punishable crime in my book.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 5:23 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Interesting list from King Fowley of October 31/Deceased fame...

Quote :
Kingsley King Fowley

voivod 'target earth' album of the year...
   honorable mentions to legend, warlord, dream death, anvil, witchcross.

worst letdown of year... black Sabbath '13'

most overhyped record of the year... carcass 'surgical steel'

best gig of year (tie) warlord at keep it true, y&t in Baltimore

worst gig black Sabbath in virginia

best band of 2013... voivod

worst band of 2013 ... ghost

best new thing i heard .... bat

I'm not shocked Voivod is on the top doesn't he worship Voivod? I listened to 'Target Earth' and I didn't really like it I felt like I was forcing myself to listen to it. I'm not the biggest Carcass fan but I heard a few songs from 'surgical steel' and I thought it was good.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 1:43 am

choosemetal wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Interesting list from King Fowley of October 31/Deceased fame...

Quote :
Kingsley King Fowley

voivod 'target earth' album of the year...
   honorable mentions to legend, warlord, dream death, anvil, witchcross.

worst letdown of year... black Sabbath '13'

most overhyped record of the year... carcass 'surgical steel'

best gig of year (tie) warlord at keep it true, y&t in Baltimore

worst gig black Sabbath in virginia

best band of 2013... voivod

worst band of 2013 ... ghost

best new thing i heard .... bat

I'm not shocked Voivod is on the top doesn't he worship Voivod? I listened to 'Target Earth' and I didn't really like it I felt like I was forcing myself to listen to it. I'm not the biggest Carcass fan but I heard a few songs from 'surgical steel' and I thought it was good.

Yeah I really want to get to the bottom of that. How the hell was Surgical Steel overhyped? It's not like it had promo material plastered everywhere like DevilDriver. Even loudewire and blabbermouth had little to nothing to say about it. It was released with very little word of mouth. And it sounds awesome with some very creative compositions.

I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion but this guy is just lacking logic.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 2:11 am

Can I nominate Stampede of the Disco Elephants - Limp Bizkit as worst album of 2014?!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 2:30 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Can I nominate Stampede of the Disco Elephants - Limp Bizkit as worst album of 2014?!

No.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 10:50 am

journeyman wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Volbeat - Outlaw Gentlemen and Shady Ladies
A turning point in their career. This album will pin-point the exact moment when they buffed off their metallic roots and went for a more polished, mainstream hard rock approach. Some folks would call this their sell-out moment. But I'm not gonna play that card. They just took a different path than I wanted and therefore the album disappointed me.

Well said. I respect that. Refreshing to hear an opinion rather than an attack.

I like the band and their efforts too much. It wouldn't be fair to trash them just because I don't love it. Doesn't mean it's a bad album.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 11:20 am

Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

No.

I second this...
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Oh man..... So much hate for the last Ghost album? I throw it on from time to time. I love it. Can't wait for the next one.

Oh and Volbeat too? I thought that album was pretty much what they already did with their past albums. Its a little more mainstream but I thought there was a lot of really great guitar work.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 8:46 pm

These were more of let downs than really bad albums.

Alice In Chains- The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here
Everything just sounded the same.

Anvil- Hope In Hell
The title track was the best song on the album. Its Anvil so you can't really expect a blow your mind album, but after Juggernaut Of Justice I thought this would have been as good.

Black Sabbath-13
This was another one where everything kind of sounded the same to me. It wasn't bad but it was just one slow song after the other. The bonus tracks were better.

Crashdiet- The Savage Playground
Great intro to this band for me haha.....After I got their other albums, I don't know what they were thinking with this one. It sounded like they were bored.

Jorn- Traveller
A few good songs here and there but it really sounds like hes out of ideas here.

Megadeth- Super Collider
I forgot about even owning this album.

Pretty Maids- Motherland
Not as good as the one before.

Queensryche- Frequency Unknown
This is the real Queensryche HAHAHAHA! Thank god it isn't!

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 2:43 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

No.

I second this...

I'm still going to!  Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 499945 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 3:05 am

Boris2008 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

No.

I second this...

You definitely should.

It's shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 3:10 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Oh man..... So much hate for the last Ghost album? I throw it on from time to time. I love it. Can't wait for the next one.

I didn't hate it, I just found myself not all that inspired by it. I do think the song Zombie Queen is great though.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 1:29 pm

journeyman wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Volbeat - Outlaw Gentlemen and Shady Ladies
A turning point in their career. This album will pin-point the exact moment when they buffed off their metallic roots and went for a more polished, mainstream hard rock approach. Some folks would call this their sell-out moment. But I'm not gonna play that card. They just took a different path than I wanted and therefore the album disappointed me.

Well said. I respect that. Refreshing to hear an opinion rather than an attack.

I am not really sure where I stand on this album. I have all 5 of their albums now and when listened to in order it seems like a natural progression but then again, it also apes the 2 singles from Beyond Heaven. It is not a bad album by any stretch but does not have the variety of songs that the previous albums did. It is still a good album and definitely Volbeat tho.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 7:44 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

No.

I second this...

You definitely should.

It's shit.

Here's the thing: For the style of music they play, Limp Bizkit is awesome. Yes, I said it.
Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 10:00 pm

For the most part this year has been pretty cool. I guess the one I was least impressed with was the new Aerosmith.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 5:38 am

Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

No.

I second this...

You definitely should.

It's shit.

Here's the thing: For the style of music they play, Limp Bizkit is awesome. Yes, I said it.

Only heard their singles on TV, but that was enough to convience me they are FAR from being terrible. Liked most of what I've heard. What they do, they do extremly well.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:04 am

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

No.

I second this...

You definitely should.

It's shit.

Only heard their singles on TV, but that was enough to convience me they are FAR from being terrible. Liked most of what I've heard. What they do, they do extremly well.

I will agree with this. I'm not the biggest fan but I DO NOT dislike their music. Always something from Limp that I enjoy.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 12:50 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
These were more of let downs than really bad albums.

Crashdiet- The Savage Playground
Great intro to this band for me haha.....After I got their other albums, I don't know what they were thinking with this one. It sounded like they were bored.

Wow, really? I was pretty unfamilair with the band and picked this one up as more-or-less a blind purchase. I was pleasantly surprised at how good I thought it was. Most opinions I've read were pretty positive and statements of "their best album yet".

I have yet to hear anything else from these guys, but if you think Savage Playground sounds bored, their other albums must be audio dynamite!!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 1:58 pm

Quote :
I have yet to hear anything else from these guys, but if you think Savage Playground sounds bored, their other albums must be audio dynamite!!

Check out Generation Wild, the album prior to Savage Playground.

I don't own Savage Playground yet but I've listened to it a bunch of times on Spotify/YouTube/etc..... and though it sounds pretty good, I still say Generation Wild smokes it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 2:51 pm

I thought savage playground was OK but this band is getting further and further away from their original sound. SP has alot of modern sounds on it vs the more 80s oriented sound they used to have.
I have all of crashdiets albums and I still feel that their first album, rest in sleaze, is their best hands down.
Reckless Love is another band I really like (and own all their albums) but I was disappointed in "Spirit"...They are definitely going for a lighter Def Leppard (think Hysteria) sound than the heavier 80s sound they started with...
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 2:51 pm

brokentulsa wrote:

Reckless Love is another band I really like (and own all their albums) but I was disappointed in "Spirit"...They are definitely going for a lighter Def Leppard (think Hysteria) sound than the heavier 80s sound they started with...

But did they write a song called "Midnight Memories?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your WORST albums of 2013
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4