Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your WORST albums of 2013

Go down 
+26
journeyman
jstate
Lurideath
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
brokentulsa
candlemass
allthingsmetal
DakotaRogers
Boris2008
jettafiend
Dark Horseman
MetallicSeminarian
iamrockerfun
nevermore
BearOnUnicycle
corplhicks
ultmetal
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
mc666
Lari
Wurthless
Witchfinder
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 1:14 pm

S.D. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Just thinking back - my 2011 worst album of the year was Dedicated To Chaos, 2012 was Kings and Thieves and 2013 FU... Can The Geoff make it 4 years in a row in 2014???

The real question is why you keep wasting money on that crap?   lol! 

I'm not that stupid! I listed to the online streams.... I wouldn't spend my hard earned cash on those steaming piles of dog shit! Better spent on my travel budget!
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:44 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:

As for the albums that suck:
Sacred Warrior - Waiting in Darkness. Completly characterless. It is not bad, its mediocre all the way through. And that is even worse, since you hope for something good to happen, a song to grab you, but no, just 50 minutes of 3-rd rate background musical nonsense you cant turn off beacuse there is (was) a potential in the band.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this. I am not a huge fan of SW by any means, so I can't make comparisons to previous stuff but I like this album quite a bit. Definitely top 10 for me. It is a great proggy-metal album and the lyrics are fantastic. I really enjoy the songs as a whole and even the remakes are good. That being said I only owned "Classics" back in the day and it never prompted me to run out and buy the original 4 discs.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Interesting list from King Fowley of October 31/Deceased fame...

Quote :
Kingsley King Fowley

voivod 'target earth' album of the year...
   honorable mentions to legend, warlord, dream death, anvil, witchcross.

worst letdown of year... black Sabbath '13'

most overhyped record of the year... carcass 'surgical steel'

best gig of year (tie) warlord at keep it true, y&t in Baltimore

worst gig black Sabbath in virginia

best band of 2013... voivod

worst band of 2013 ... ghost

best new thing i heard .... bat

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:05 pm

Stuff that I really don't like gets listened to once then I move on pretty quickly so no real 'hated' albums but I didn't think that the second albums by Seremonia and Ghost were as good as the debuts, but I'm a fair distance from 'hating' them. I kind of hate both Queensryche records just because of all of the drama for so little end product.

Last edited by Boris2008 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:06 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Quote :
Kingsley King Fowley

How in the hell was Carcass overhyped? And what were people expecting with 13? It sounds like Black Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:11 pm

corplhicks wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Quote :
Kingsley King Fowley

How in the hell was Carcass overhyped? And what were people expecting with 13? It sounds like Black Sabbath.

THANK YOU!!!! Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 25679 

If you like Ozzy-era Sabbath, I'm not sure what's not to like about 13.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:14 pm

corplhicks wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Quote :
Kingsley King Fowley

I think the Carcass record is good. With 13, I like it, it will most likely make my top ten but it's a long way from the classic Sabbath records so i'll refrain from gushing over it too much. Over time I imagine that I will still be jamming the first seven Sabs albums and 13 will end up neglected.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:18 pm

I like Sabbath too. The Voivod is very good! It will make my Top 10.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:19 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Quote :
Kingsley King Fowley

I think the Carcass record is good. With 13, I like it, it will most likely make my top ten but it's a long way from the classic Sabbath records so i'll refrain from gushing over it too much. Over time I imagine that I will still be jamming the first seven Sabs albums and 13 will end up neglected.

I can see this. I just can't see how people would think it sucks. But to each his own (even if I'm the one who's right)  insane 
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:21 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Only if I approve of it!

just kidding 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:55 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Absolutely, but like MS I'm scratching my head as to how anyone could have been disappointed with 13.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 4:56 pm

"Super Colliderp" by Megadeth, easily.

For years, I have practically worshiped those guys. I wasn't disappointed with anything they've ever released, even having a bit of love for "Risk," then they release this and break my heart. I'm used to everything Megadeth being insta-catchy, but when listening to "Super Collider," I've never heard the most lackluster, mundane bunch of songs in my life.

Sure, the opening track, (the Black Sabbath cover) and "Dance in the Rain" are stellar tracks, but that don't exactly make up for the monstrosity of a title track, and lyrics that appear to have be written by myself. Razz

Wouldn't call 'em bad albums, but I also didn't enjoy Evile's "Skull," or "Unnatural Selection" by Havok. Not really what you'd call bad albums, but big letdowns nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 4:57 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Quote :
Kingsley King Fowley

Have to disagree on Sabbath - 13 is a great album. I also have to strongly disagree on Black Sabbath in VA being the worst gig of the year. I was there and it was an excellent show - had a great time! Tony and Geezer sounded fantastic. Tommy Chong (what we called him at the show) actually sounded really good. Ozzy was hit and miss - he nailed most of the songs, but was off key on select verses of others...

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion - my local crew loved the gig.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 5:00 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Quote :
Kingsley King Fowley

King Fowley totally worships VoiVod... so in any year where they release a new album, he's gonna automatically think everything else sucks. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 5:20 pm

corplhicks wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Absolutely, but like MS I'm scratching my head as to how anyone could have been disappointed with 13.

I can definitely understand how someone would be disappointed with 13. I liked the album, but I question whether it has any staying power. It's like Van Halen's A Different Kind of Truth, an album that everyone thought was great because it wasn't a complete trainwreck, but then it rarely gets revisited after a year.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 5:42 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I can definitely understand how someone would be disappointed with 13.  I liked the album, but I question whether it has any staying power.  It's like Van Halen's A Different Kind of Truth, an album that everyone thought was great because it wasn't a complete trainwreck, but then it rarely gets revisited after a year.  

I don't know, I was on a VH kick not long ago. Played the first five then skipped to ADKT. Sounded great to me.  Very Happy 

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 5:44 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I can definitely understand how someone would be disappointed with 13.  I liked the album, but I question whether it has any staying power.  It's like Van Halen's A Different Kind of Truth, an album that everyone thought was great because it wasn't a complete trainwreck, but then it rarely gets revisited after a year.  

I don't know, I was on a VH kick not long ago. Played the first five then skipped to ADKT. Sounded great to me.  Very Happy 

I do play "She's the Woman" all the time. That song rips. Tattoo is still terrible though. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 5:57 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I do play "She's the Woman" all the time.  That song rips.  Tattoo is still terrible though.  Ugh.

I don't know. Even "Tatoo" has left its mark on me, so to speak. Smile
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 6:37 pm

I don't think they sucked but were a little let down by the Unnatural Selection (Havok) and The Terror Tapes (Gama Bomb) as I totally love both bands, Just don't find myself re-visiting these very often.
Not sure if this was 2013, but Lost Society's Loud Fast Death did not live up to the hype I had heard about it. Still like it though.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 7:52 pm

allthingsmetal wrote:
I don't think they sucked but were a little let down by the Unnatural Selection (Havok) and The Terror Tapes (Gama Bomb) as I totally love both bands, Just don't find myself re-visiting these very often.
Not sure if this was 2013, but Lost Society's Loud Fast Death did not live up to the hype I had heard about it. Still like it though.

Heard that. Nothing will live up to "Citizen Brain" or "Time is Up."  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 11:24 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I do play "She's the Woman" all the time.  That song rips.  Tattoo is still terrible though.  Ugh.

I don't know. Even "Tatoo" has left its mark on me, so to speak. Smile

Tatoo grew on me as well. That album minus three or four tracks is awesome. My main complaint is that it's way too long, and several of the songs (You and Your Blues, Tatoo) could have been nixed to make it more compact and brisk like the early records. Also, Dave didn't have to do so much freaking spoken word shit. That got irritating.

But I digress. Always had a strong opinion about that album; best not to derail the thread.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 12:35 am

Deris-era Helloween blows the Kai/Kiske eras out of the water.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 6:40 am

Eyesore wrote:
Deris-era Helloween blows the Kai/Kiske eras out of the water.

+1.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 7:08 am

Eyesore wrote:
Deris-era Helloween blows.

+1

lol! 
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 7:15 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Deris-era Helloween blows.

+1

lol! 

Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 19976 lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your WORST albums of 2013   Your WORST albums of 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your WORST albums of 2013
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next