Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?

Go down 
+20
MetallicSeminarian
Shawn Of Fire
ZombieHavoc
rajah
Dark Horseman
thejokeriv
brokentulsa
BillRoxx
Temple of Blood
kmorg
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Boris2008
corplhicks
choosemetal
BearOnUnicycle
Wurthless
Witchfinder
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Empty
PostSubject: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 10:47 am

Post the 2013 album(s) you consider to be overlooked, forgotten etc...

My vote goes to:

Witch Cross - Axe To Grind

This is great, no-frills, tradtional heavy metal that sounds like Saxon.  This should come as no surprise as their lead singer, Kevin Moore was the touring vocalist in Oliver/Dawson Saxon.  It doesn't sound anything like Witch Cross's masterful  Fit For Fight from 1984, which may be why it's ignored.  Check it out:

Enforcer - Death By Fire

Ripping heavy/speed metal from Sweden.  This album was released way back in early February and seemed to make little impact, which is a shame because it's excellent.  Take equal parts U.S. speed metal, NWOBHM and Scandinavian Glory metal and you'd have Death By Fire.  The three song run of "Mesmerized By Fire," "Take Me Out of This Nightmare" and "Crystal Suite" are amazing and sound straight outta '84.  Check out this:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 12:56 pm

Death by Fire is on my top 10 list. All of their albums have been fantastic speed/traditional metal.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 2:16 pm

... still I believe Diamonds is their strongest to date yet.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 3:03 pm

The Enforcer album is great! One of my favorites this year!
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 3:40 pm

I'm gonna say Metal Church. It's gotten little recognition on this board, in the press, reps, etc. Barely sold too.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 6:52 pm

Monolith Cult

Great new doom band from the U.K

One Inch Giant

and lastly, not exactly forgotten but doesn't get anywhere near the love it deserves

Not one of these has more than 4000 YouTube views!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 7:36 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I'm gonna say Metal Church. It's gotten little recognition on this board, in the press, reps, etc. Barely sold too.

It will be in my Top 20.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 8:42 pm

ultmetal wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

It will be in my Top 20.

Those are beautiful words indeed.  The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? 604261 
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 8:57 am

I'd say Metal Church too.....and add in Vicious Rumors.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 4:46 pm

Free Fall - Power & Volume

I think these guys go lost in the retro rock revival, but something keeps drawing me back to their album. Something about them reminds me of UFO and a little bit of 70's Who.

I think they got a mention 'round here, but I'm not sure many folks picked up on what these guys are putting out. The songs are more infectious than Uncle Saxon and a bottle of rum on a Saturday night.

If this one doesn't grab you by the short & curlies and get your attention, call a doctor.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 5:13 pm

I think the new Royal Hunt is gonna get too glossed over being out so late in the year, although it's awesome, and Satan could always use more attention although that one has a lot of raves online.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 2:53 pm

I have not heard this band being mentioned here? Black Trip delievered one of the best albums this year.

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 3:08 pm

Honestly? Deep Purple. An excellent album that almost nobody in the US bothered to check out. Not helped by the US radio station conglomerates not being willing to play new music from classic rock era bands.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 9:39 pm

I am surprised by how much I enjoyed what I heard from the new Deep Purple album.

Also disappointed WARLORD didn't get more love. They deserved it.
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:28 pm

Metal Church and Deep Purple get my vote too! Both in my top 20! Your comments about the States overlooking it, no airplay etc! Excellent points and it sucks! I agree!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 12:33 am

Krokus and Joan Jett get my vote...american radio barely plays current joan jett and rarely plays any krokus at all..both artist put out solid albums this year...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 2:32 am

kmorg wrote:
I have not heard this band being mentioned here? Black Trip delievered one of the best albums this year.

They have been mentioned on here, but only by me & eyesore and no-one pays any attention to either of us!  lol! 

Just bought it on vinyl and it's a very good listen indeed.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 8:44 am

S.D. wrote:
Honestly?  Deep Purple.  An excellent album that almost nobody in the US bothered to check out. Not helped by the US radio station conglomerates not being willing to play new music from classic rock era bands.  

I would agree - fantastic album!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 12:55 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

They have been mentioned on here, but only by me & eyesore and no-one pays any attention to either of us!  lol! 

Just bought it on vinyl and it's a very good listen indeed.

Not so much overlooked. More like overpriced. I ain't paying no $50 for an import. If/when it gets a US distro, then we'll talk. Cool

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Thanks for the Free Fall reference. Loving that.
Back to top Go down
rajah
Metal student
Metal student
rajah

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 11:55 am

I don't think most of the bands I listen to get very much attention. Maybe the ""big boys" like Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth, etc. But Bands like Saxon, Krokus, Flotsam and so forth probable don't sell much, therefore they get very little exposure.
 I can only think of one artist who I have not seen mentioned here, and thats David Feinstein (guitarist and singer for The Rods) whose latest solo album Clash of Armour, is as good as those old Rods albums. Highly recommended if you like meat and potatoes Metal.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 11:57 am

I know there are definitely some Rods fans around here. If I was talking music that was that particular kind of heavy metal/hard rock in that classic style I would say that band is pretty up there in the underrated and overlooked category, way more than Saxon or et al.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 12:37 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Krokus and Joan Jett get my vote...american radio barely plays current joan jett and rarely plays any krokus at all..both artist put out solid albums this year...

Radio certainly isn't going to be picking it up, but I'd say Joan's album has gotten pretty good attention...probably the most attention since Up Your Alley. I heard commercials for it on the radio, even if they weren't playing the single....and she got to play Any Weather in the Macy's Day Parade!

And I didn't even know Warlord had a new album...so yeah. I'm gonna check it out.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I am surprised by how much I enjoyed what I heard from the new Deep Purple album.

Also disappointed WARLORD didn't get more love.  They deserved it.  

ZombieHavoc wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:

Radio certainly isn't going to be picking it up, but I'd say Joan's album has gotten pretty good attention...probably the most attention since Up Your Alley. I heard commercials for it on the radio, even if they weren't playing the single....and she got to play Any Weather in the Macy's Day Parade!

And I didn't even know Warlord had a new album...so yeah. I'm gonna check it out.

Yeah I had no idea Warlord had a new one either. Talk about under the radar.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 1:28 pm

The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? 1368589427_pamela-moore-resurrect-me-2013

THIS is what modern Queensryche should sound like...CRUSHES both Queensryche albums.

PostSubject: Re: The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?   The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Most Overlooked Albums of 2013?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next