Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+22
Svengo
Orion Crystal Ice
Wurthless
James B.
chewie
jstate
iamrockerfun
Gryphon-kl
MetalGuy71
Sutekh
thejokeriv
Required Fields
kmorg
nevermore
Boris2008
corplhicks
exact33
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
manny
Leatherface
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:50 pm

^^ Manny, if you're a JFK buff, have you by any chance read Stephen King's "11/22/63?" It's a sci-fi story about a time traveler who goes back to try and prevent JFK's assassination? If not, I think you'd dig it. King obviously put an INSANE amount of research into the events surrounding the JFK shooting, so when the main character returns to '63 and begins interacting with the details and people leading up to that day in Dallas, you feel like you are right there with him. It is King's best work in many years IMO.

OK, sorry for the hijack... back to movie discussion now.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 4:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^ Manny, if you're a JFK buff, have you by any chance read Stephen King's "11/22/63?" It's a sci-fi story about a time traveler who goes back to try and prevent JFK's assassination? If not, I think you'd dig it. King obviously put an INSANE amount of research into the events surrounding the JFK shooting, so when the main character returns to '63 and begins interacting with the details and people leading up to that day in Dallas, you feel like you are right there with him. It is King's best work in many years IMO.

Funny you mention that book, a friend of mine who knows I am a history buff, gave me that book, so its on my pile of books to read, I trust your recommendations so I am going to check it out
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 4:23 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Funny you mention that book, a friend of mine who knows I am a history buff, gave me that book, so its on my pile of books to read, I trust your recommendations so I am going to check it out
Heard that was a good read....and that a movie is forthcoming...

On a side note, when I was in Dallas last year, I stopped by the spot... The grassy knoll is a hell of a lot smaller than it looks on TV... the is no way that someone could have shot from the knoll and been able to get away with out being chased down by the secret service and caught. The view from the book depository is a straight shot to where Kennedy was hit.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 5:44 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I've been slackin' on the movie watching front.... gotta get back on track. Ain't seen a darn thing in over a week.
We were wondering. Been awfully quite lately, not a B-movie in sight! Laughing
Hey!  I posted The Slime People a few posts back; it doesn't get any more B-movie than that!  Smile

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 5:49 pm

tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I've been slackin' on the movie watching front.... gotta get back on track. Ain't seen a darn thing in over a week.
Hey!  I posted The Slime People a few posts back; it doesn't get any more B-movie than that!  Smile
Sorry Toho; I forgot you were FF's partner-in-crime. Laughing
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 6:07 pm

corplhicks wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Sorry Toho; I forgot you were FF's partner-in-crime. Laughing
...AND I own both Evil Bong 1 & 2 and Gingerdead Man 1 and 2; even FF can't say that (or at least won't admit to it).

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 6:41 pm

FF, competition's pretty fierce these days. What do you say to this?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 6:47 pm

I think FF has probably SEEN more B-grade and lower movies than I have but I bet I OWN more so who's sicker?

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 7:08 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I think FF has probably SEEN more B-grade and lower movies than I have but I bet I OWN more so who's sicker?
Oosh...this is a tough call...experience vs. availability...no BBB accreditation...may need some references.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 7:15 pm

Toho's older so he's got a few more years of viewing under his belt. Age before beauty. :-)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 7:19 pm

Yeah but I don't have a HubPage that causes people to send me free stuff so I have to EARN my Z-movie cred! \'arry \'eadbanger

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 7:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah but I don't have a HubPage that causes people to send me free stuff so I have to EARN my Z-movie cred! \'arry \'eadbanger
Laughing very hard Nobody's ever sent me a movie!! I wish I had that kind of influence!!

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:08 pm

Lost and Delirious (2001)

Then Parks and Recreation season 5 (my third watch through of it).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
:lmao:Nobody's ever sent me a movie!! I wish I had that kind of influence!!
Reaily? I thought you posted reviews of movies that people sent you.

If not, I still maintain that OWNING Z-movies is sicker than just VIEWING them because I can rewatch them whenever the demented impulse hits me.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:15 pm

Quote :
Reaily? I thought you posted reviews of movies that people sent you.

If not, I still maintain that OWNING Z-movies is sicker than just VIEWING them because I can rewatch them whenever the demented impulse hits me.
The e-zine I used to write for got a totally random cheap shit Z-movie sent to them years ago that they passed on to me, but that was years ago.

...but yeah, you paid good money for "A Serbian Film" and I don't even think I want to be in the same room as a copy of that DVD, so you got the crown as far as I'm concerned. headbanger 

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:20 pm

Toho has Serbian Film??

[slowly backs out of room]
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:22 pm

But "A Serbian Film" is the one I call up when I want to prove I'm "extreme"; this is a different argument. This is who's more into B-grade and below movies....

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:23 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Toho has Serbian Film??

Yep.  Like I said, that's the one I go to when someone wants to debate "extreme movie" cred.

And I must add that I only ever watched it once; I don't know if I could take it again. THE most disturbing film I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot).

I think the fact that the film is shot and acted really well just makes the impact worse. It could be more easily dismissed if it looked like a bunch of kids filming in a basement somewhere but it doesn't. It's very well made.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:58 pm

tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Toho has Serbian Film??

Yep.  Like I said, that's the one I go to when someone wants to debate "extreme movie" cred.

And I must add that I only ever watched it once; I don't know if I could take it again. THE most disturbing film I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot).

I think the fact that the film is shot and acted really well just makes the impact worse.   It could be more easily dismissed if it looked like a bunch of kids filming in a basement somewhere but it doesn't.  It's very well made.
That's what I've heard, and to be honest I even had a chance to witness the newborn sequence. My God. As a father, my f*cking God. Even though it was off screen and implied, my f*cking ghoulish God.

Props to the creator for making a proper allegory, however. From what I've read he really hit the nail on the head in regards to Serbia's sociopolitical repression.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:15 pm

corplhicks wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Toho has Serbian Film??

I think the fact that the film is shot and acted really well just makes the impact worse.   It could be more easily dismissed if it looked like a bunch of kids filming in a basement somewhere but it doesn't.  It's very well made.
That's what I've heard, and to be honest I even had a chance to witness the newborn sequence. My God. As a father, my f*cking God. Even though it was off screen and implied, my f*cking ghoulish God.

Props to the creator for making a proper allegory, however. From what I've read he really hit the nail on the head in regards to Serbia's sociopolitical repression.
Personally, I think all the director's comments about political allegory are BS. I think he really just set out to create the most shocking movie he could think of and if that was his intent he succeeded.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:25 pm

tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Toho has Serbian Film??

Personally, I think all the director's comments about political allegory are BS.  I think he really just set out to create the most shocking movie he could think of and if that was his intent he succeeded.  
I need to courage up and watch this sometime to judge for myself. I thought I could handle anything extreme cinema throws my way--until this came along.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:55 pm

corplhicks wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Toho has Serbian Film??

Personally, I think all the director's comments about political allegory are BS.  I think he really just set out to create the most shocking movie he could think of and if that was his intent he succeeded.  
I need to courage up and watch this sometime to judge for myself. I thought I could handle anything extreme cinema throws my way--until this came along.
That's exactly what made me get it. "Faces Of Death", "Saw", "Hostel". the Guinea Pig series...they're nothing compared to "A Serbian Film" as far as extreme cinema goes. And I discount crap like the "August Underground" series because there isn't really any talent involved in those. "A Serbian Film" is really disturbing because it's very well made.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:50 pm

I watched Superbad tonight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Toho has Serbian Film??

That's exactly what made me get it.  "Faces Of Death", "Saw", "Hostel". the Guinea Pig series...they're nothing compared to "A Serbian Film" as far as extreme cinema goes.  And I discount crap like the "August Underground" series because there isn't really any talent involved in those.  "A Serbian Film" is really disturbing because it's very well made.
August Underground could have been the most f*cked up series on the planet, but it was so laughably rotten and, like you said, talentless that all the putrid subject matter seemed innocent and comic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 5 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next