Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...

Go down 
+19
tohostudios
journeyman
Citanul
Boris2008
akeldama
mc666
Eyesore
Lari
ultmetal
manny
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
bass63
MetallicSeminarian
MetalRob331
Chrome Locust
MoonChild
Troublezone
corplhicks
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:47 pm

corplhicks wrote:
What the f*cking hell man. Mad 

WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Synyster-Gates-vs-Jeff-Hanneman

This is getting out of hand. Jeff won the first round, btw. Like we should care.

HAHAHA, Id take Synyster Gates over Jeff any day.. That dude is one old school guitar player and is like a mix between Slash and Dimebag on guitar...

Like you said we shouldn't care, it's all about taste and preference..
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:51 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
OK, so I'll ask: Who the hell is "Synyster Gates?"

Avenged Sevenfold.

Ahh, OK. I've never heard them, so I'll just smile and nod, and then vote Hanneman strictly on principle.

Because, y'know.... "F*CKIN SLAAAAAAYYYYYYYERRRRRR MAAAAAAAAAAAN!"

...and as for the "Cheese vs. Aardvarks" controversy that was raging a few posts back: I vote Cheese. Aardvarks don't look like they'd be anywhere near as tasty as a good hunk o'cheddar.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:52 pm

Oh yeah, Avenged Sevenfold is SO much more important to the history of metal than either Slayer or Black Sabbath. That dude Sphincter Gates is the most influential guitarist in the history of the world!

Laughing very hard 

Morons.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:54 pm

S.D. wrote:
Oh yeah, Avenged Sevenfold is SO much more important to the history of metal than either Slayer or Black Sabbath.  That dude Sphincter Gates is the most influential guitarist in the history of the world!  

Laughing very hard 

Morons.

But where do you stand on the Cheese vs. Aardvarks battle? Are you Team Cheese or Team Aardvark? "Team Cheese" would be a fabulous name for a band.

I over-caffeinated this morning. I apologize.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:58 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Synyster-Gates-vs-Jeff-Hanneman

This is getting out of hand. Jeff won the first round, btw. Like we should care.

HAHAHA, Id take Synyster Gates over Jeff any day.. That dude is one old school guitar player and is like a mix between Slash and Dimebag on guitar...

But there's zero room for comparison, especially when you pit a rookie against a legend. And the title is Greatest Metal Guitarist. I definitely don't take that to mean more technically accomplished. Look at it this way: between the two, who has influenced and contributed more in the body of metal? I'm sure as hell that Gates, who seems to be a cool guy, would never want this title. It reeks of as much disrespect as winning the 'title' over Iommi. My point, however, is that no one should 'win.' Having this throwdown is inane and a waste of time.

Regardless, this is the most stupid I've ever seen a rock mag get.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:13 pm

I'm all about the aardvarks.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:15 pm

S.D. wrote:
I'm all about the aardvarks.

See, now we're just gonna have to throw down. THERE CAN BE ONLY CHEESE!

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:17 pm

Next battle Johnny Cash vs Johnny Thunders
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:17 pm

manny wrote:

At least they'd have something in common. They're both named "Johnny."

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

And they both had talent and have influenced the world of music, unlike Avenged Bloody Sevenfold!!

P.S It IS all about the Aardvarks
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:37 pm

corplhicks wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

But there's zero room for comparison, especially when you pit a rookie against a legend. And the title is Greatest Metal Guitarist. I definitely don't take that to mean more technically accomplished. Look at it this way: between the two, who has influenced and contributed more in the body of metal? I'm sure as hell that Gates, who seems to be a cool guy, would never want this title. It reeks of as much disrespect as winning the 'title' over Iommi. My point, however, is that no one should 'win.' Having this throwdown is inane and a waste of time.

I personally don't get into the history of music.. If you pioneered something, that's great.. You were just born before the others were HAHAH!!! The whole notion that just because you did something before someone else does not mean you are better at that particular thing IMO...

Sure SLayer and Jeff were around a lot longer than A7X, does that mean he's the greatest METAL GUITARIST? Nope.... This is also coming from a guy who thinks Jimi Hendrix is OVERRATED.. BLAH BLAH BLAH!!

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:38 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

And they both had talent and have influenced the world of music, unlike Avenged Bloody Sevenfold!!

P.S It IS all about the Aardvarks

What about those Black Veiled Brides, I am sure AVenged Sevenfold influenced those guy!!!! The future of metal is safe thanks to the almighty Avenged Sevenfold!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:40 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I personally don't get into the history of music.. If you pioneered something, that's great.. You were just born before the others were HAHAH!!!  The whole notion that just because you did something before someone else does not mean you are better at that particular thing IMO...

Sure SLayer and Jeff were around a lot longer than A7X, does that mean he's the greatest METAL GUITARIST?  Nope....  This is also coming from a guy who thinks Jimi Hendrix is OVERRATED..  BLAH BLAH BLAH!!

I take it back, I meant all those terrible things I said about you, Hendrix is far from overrated, let me hear your three years worth of music that has lasted a lifetime?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:40 pm

Cheese > Jimi Hendrix > Aardvarks > Black Veil Brides.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:45 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I personally don't get into the history of music.. If you pioneered something, that's great.. You were just born before the others were HAHAH!!!  The whole notion that just because you did something before someone else does not mean you are better at that particular thing IMO...

Sure SLayer and Jeff were around a lot longer than A7X, does that mean he's the greatest METAL GUITARIST?  Nope....  This is also coming from a guy who thinks Jimi Hendrix is OVERRATED..  BLAH BLAH BLAH!!

How long they have been around has nothing to do with it. Avenged Sevenfold have been around for 14 years, they are hardly the new kids. In the first 14 years of life Slayer (and particularly Hanneman) managed to, I dunno, change the face of metal and influence a whole generation of bands!!

Can AS say the same? Thought not. angry 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:59 pm

It's also a matter of originality vs. derivativity (Yes it is a word).

Hendrix overrated? That's akin to when Chrome Locust called Kiss bubblegum pop. surprised 
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Laughing very hard @ manny hahahahaha

I'm sorry man but just not my thing. Hendrix has done some amazing things on guitar for sure and he has influenced some of my fav musicians and he still influences kids and guitar players all over the world. Just nothing special to me.. That's all..

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:13 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

How long they have been around has nothing to do with it. Avenged Sevenfold have been around for 14 years, they are hardly the new kids. In the first 14 years of life Slayer (and particularly Hanneman) managed to, I dunno, change the face of metal and influence a whole generation of bands!!

You just confirmed my whole point Smile How can A7X influence a whole generation when they came out this generation? Bands that started or pioneered something will always be looked at over newer bands. Of course they influenced metal, they did it well before anyone else!!

That was my whole point. How can Synyster Gates be as influential of a guitar player as Jeff (which he is getting to be) when he was born the same year Jeff got involved with Slayer?

Either way, it's all just a notion anyway.. Jeff was an important part of Metal History and players like Mr Gates are trying to keep that going..
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:17 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

I'm sorry man but just not my thing.  Hendrix has done some amazing things on guitar for sure and he has influenced some of my fav musicians and he still influences kids and guitar players all over the world.  Just nothing special to me.. That's all..

Christ almighty!!!! Nothing special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!angry angry angry angry  Hendrix not your thing but not special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I ban Metalrob for this offense?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:23 pm

manny wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

I'm sorry man but just not my thing.  Hendrix has done some amazing things on guitar for sure and he has influenced some of my fav musicians and he still influences kids and guitar players all over the world.  Just nothing special to me.. That's all..

Christ almighty!!!! Nothing special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!angry angry angry angry  Hendrix not your thing but not special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I ban Metalrob for this offense?

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard  Very Happy Razz \'arry \'eadbanger Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:45 pm

Quote :

Quote :
You just confirmed my whole point Smile How can A7X influence a whole generation when they came out this generation?  Bands that started or pioneered something will always be looked at over newer bands.  Of course they influenced metal, they did it well before anyone else!!

I have confirmed nothing. Jeff influenced the players around him, HIS generation. if you had bothered to read my post I said that they had changed the face of metal in the first 14 years of Slayer, the same amount of time that Avenged Sevenfold have been chucking out generic crap.

Have your opinions, you are entitled to them but don't claim that I am proving your point when I'm doing nothing of the sort.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 5:02 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Quote :

Quote :
You just confirmed my whole point Smile How can A7X influence a whole generation when they came out this generation?  Bands that started or pioneered something will always be looked at over newer bands.  Of course they influenced metal, they did it well before anyone else!!

I have confirmed nothing. Jeff influenced the players around him, HIS generation. if you had bothered to read my post I said that they had changed the face of metal in the first 14 years of Slayer, the same amount of time that Avenged Sevenfold have been chucking out generic crap.

Have your opinions, you are entitled to them but don't claim that I am proving your point when I'm doing nothing of the sort.

It wasn't a claim, that was a fact Smile Again, Slayer are considered pioneers why? Because they did something different 30 years ago. New bands have no chance to "change the face of metal" because they will always be compared to the bands that were doing it before them. Being born in a different generation is why Slayer are pioneers. Same as any other pioneer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 5:10 pm

Being born to a prior generation does NOT make you a pioneer. Starting something, inventing something, influencing future generations...that is what makes you a pioneer. Plenty of people have lived and died and never contributed a damn thing to the world, so they obviously aren't pioneers.

The Beatles weren't pioneers because they did stuff 45+ years ago....they were pioneers because they changed music forever and people are still working within the framework they laid out.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 5:15 pm

Quote :
It wasn't a claim, that was a fact Smile Again, Slayer are considered pioneers why?  Because they did something different 30 years ago.  New bands have no chance to "change the face of metal" because they will always be compared to the bands that were doing it before them.  Being born in a different generation is why Slayer are pioneers.  Same as any other pioneer.  

Absolute rubbish, System of a Down were original and did their own thing (whether anyone here likes them or not) as were Strapping Young Lad, Devin is still making highly original music now and both are contemporaries of the completely derivative band you are defending.

The fact is that you have no argument whatsoever, but you are still arguing it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 5:21 pm

This is why we should've kept arguing over the whole Cheese vs. Aardvarks thing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next