Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...

Go down 
+19
tohostudios
journeyman
Citanul
Boris2008
akeldama
mc666
Eyesore
Lari
ultmetal
manny
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
bass63
MetallicSeminarian
MetalRob331
Chrome Locust
MoonChild
Troublezone
corplhicks
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Empty
PostSubject: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 3:51 am

Does this make any sense to anyone? And please tell me I'm not the only guy around here who hesitates to call Joe metal...

http://loudwire.com/joe-satriani-vs-jeff-hanneman-greatest-metal-guitarist-round-2/

WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Joe-Satriani-Jeff-Hanneman

This is almost as bad as the whole "Queen vs. Queensryche" throwdown on That Metal Show. Even the graphic screams BROUGHT TO YOU BY ROCKSTAR YO.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 6:40 am

Aside from Satriani not being a metal player, it's totally absurd to compare them. Laughing
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:24 am

Troublezone wrote:
Aside from Satriani not being a metal player, it's totally absurd to compare them. Laughing

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 11:08 am

A bit naff, alright.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 11:21 am

Dimebag was up against HEAD from K O R N!! I mean I know we all have our opinions on genres and all that but come on. WHy not just make it a GUITAR BATTLE!!

If it was a guitar battle I would vote for Satch, never rly was a fan of Slayer's music... Although Jeff is def missed and is one killer guitar player..

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 11:27 am

Bizarre pairing.

But if I had to vote, I'd go for Jeff, because his riffs RULE.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 12:13 pm

I'd vote for Joe because I cant stand Slayer.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 12:15 pm

One of their previous matchups was Mick Mars vs. Zakk Wylde. They're not even on the same planet.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 12:19 pm

While not metal, Satch blows Hanneman out of the water.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 12:23 pm

Guitar World has even a worse match up Kirk Hammett vs Neil Young.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 12:30 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
While not metal, Satch blows Hanneman out of the water.

Bingo!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 1:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
One of their previous matchups was Mick Mars vs. Zakk Wylde. They're not even on the same planet.

manny wrote:
Guitar World has even a worse match up Kirk Hammett vs Neil Young.

Wait what? Who comes up with these??

I believe Mick is the worst guitarist in metal. Doesn't even belong in a poll.

I remember when guitar and metal mags were pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 1:04 pm

Two totally different styles of musicians, both are very good at what they do.

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 1:18 pm

The whole "VS" thing when it comes to musicians/bands is just plain STUPID. Music is not a competitive sport, it's artistic expression.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 1:25 pm

S.D. wrote:
The whole "VS" thing when it comes to musicians/bands is just plain STUPID.  Music is not a competitive sport, it's artistic expression.  

Especially with guitarists. There is no one single guitar god. There are good guitarists and bad guitarists. Satriani, Hanneman, EVH, Vai, Gilbert, John 5, Young, Perry, Blackmore, hell even Gustafson all fit in the good category. There's no big shot virtuoso that stands above the rest.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:00 pm

corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:
The whole "VS" thing when it comes to musicians/bands is just plain STUPID.  Music is not a competitive sport, it's artistic expression.  

Especially with guitarists. There is no one single guitar god. There are good guitarists and bad guitarists. Satriani, Hanneman, EVH, Vai, Gilbert, John 5, Young, Perry, Blackmore, hell even Gustafson all fit in the good category. There's no big shot virtuoso that stands above the rest.

EVH, Gilbert, John 5, Satch, and Blackmore, are some of the BIGGEST guitar heros on the planet. Good? These guys are exceptional and have been the breeding grounds to some of the guitarist we have today. When I think of the word good, I think of an avg guitar player who fits his band. These guys are AMAZING and top of the line...

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:03 pm

Musis is def not a sport and that's why i don't think ONE band is better than another. A band plays for them (on most occasions LOL) and they express their emotions and love for music through their instruments. Sure some ppl play their instruments better than others, but the ROCK world should be a family. If a guy gets up on stage and rips it, that should motivate you to get better.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:05 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:

EVH, Gilbert, John 5, Satch, and Blackmore, are some of the BIGGEST guitar heros on the planet.  Good?  These guys are exceptional and have been the breeding grounds to some of the guitarist we have today.  When I think of the word good, I think of an avg guitar player who fits his band.  These guys are AMAZING and top of the line...

Yeah I was using the word 'good' loosely, like there are only the two degrees. But agreed, great is a better word.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:14 pm

I think Im a GOOD guitar player and Im not on their level hahah!!!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:00 pm

Satriani plays heavy and hard enough to count as "heavy metal". I don't mind him being called that. He goes way beyond metal though. He's not JUST a heavy metal guitarist. It's just one of the things he does.

Thing is, he's a lot better guitarist than Hannemann ever was, but Jeff was probably the better metal guitarist. If that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 11:15 pm

Lari wrote:
Satriani plays heavy and hard enough to count as "heavy metal". I don't mind him being called that. He goes way beyond metal though. He's not JUST a heavy metal guitarist. It's just one of the things he does.

Thing is, he's a lot better guitarist than Hannemann ever was, but Jeff was probably the better metal guitarist. If that makes any sense.

Of course, METAL was in Jeff's blood that's why his coffin took the whole METAL COMMUNITY to transport....
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 11:48 pm

Lari wrote:

Sorry, man, but there's no way I can call Satch metal. Hard rock, melodic rock, sure, but his tone is too mild-mannered and lacking metal edge.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 12:29 am

No contest anyway. Satriani wipes the floor with Hanneman.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 12:41 am

Eyesore wrote:
No contest anyway. Satriani wipes the floor with Hanneman.

That's the other wtf thing about this "contest." Hanneman even said at one point he tired of learning how to shred. Satch is a virtuoso by definition. Jeff is not.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 1:19 am

Joe is a better guitarist. Jeff was a better song writer imo.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...   WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTF Loudwire. Satriani vs Hanneman? Come on...
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next