Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement

Go down 
+4
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
mc666
Required Fields
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement Empty
PostSubject: Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement   Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:33 am

Pat O'Brien of Cannibal Corpse (and formerly of Chastain, Nevermore, and Monstrosity) will replace Jeff Hanneman for Slayer's upcoming shows.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement   Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:14 am

they keep picking from the cream of the crop. Pat is a monster guitar player. still, i look forward to Jeff reclaiming his spot.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement   Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:39 am

Gary Holt was just temporary?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement   Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:47 am

Pat's great. It would be cool to see him with Slayer.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement   Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:58 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Gary Holt was just temporary?

He's touring with his own band.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement   Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:31 pm

mc666 wrote:
they keep picking from the cream of the crop. Pat is a monster guitar player. still, i look forward to Jeff reclaiming his spot.

x2
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement   Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:32 pm

I hope they film both Pat and Gary on dvd. It's the only time in Slayer's history they used replacement guitarists.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement   Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:41 pm

Gary Holt was great when I saw them in Adelaide recently. I actually liked his playing more than Kerry King's Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement   Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:47 pm

Gary is 100 times better on guitar than Kerry King.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement   Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 8:08 am

Spiders suck

Pat's a great choice, Cannibal is far more technical than Slayer with much harder and complicated riffing, he should be able to pick up Slayer's stuff no problem.

** I"M DETECTING A BIT OF APRIL FOOLERY***
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement   Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Jeff made an appearance for the last 2 songs ('South of Heaven' and 'Angel of Death') of Slayer's set at the Big 4 concert this past weekend....

Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement Hannemanraymond

...apparently after playing a few periods of street hockey. Nice shin guards.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement   Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:38 pm

Great to know Jeff is doing better!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement   Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 11:43 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Jeff made an appearance for the last 2 songs ('South of Heaven' and 'Angel of Death') of Slayer's set at the Big 4 concert this past weekend....

Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement Hannemanraymond

...apparently after playing a few periods of street hockey. Nice shin guards.

F*ckin' JEFF!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement   Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 3:43 am

Caught this tidbit of info on the Classic Rock website:

The infection meant Hanneman lost most of the flesh in his right arm and, 18 months later, he still hasn’t recovered sufficiently to rejoin the band.

So it doesn't appear Jeff will be returning to Slayer quite yet.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement   Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:35 am

At least this happened toward the end of his career. They'll retire soon, unless they continue with Gary...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement   Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeff Hanneman's new touring replacement
Page 1 of 1