Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!

Go down 
+23
Eyesore
BearOnUnicycle
ishfar
Wargod
Wurthless
Citanul
MetallicSeminarian
akeldama
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
bgsully
AutumnShantel
Addy
brokentulsa
manny
tohostudios
Lari
Dark Horseman
thejokeriv
bass63
corplhicks
Boris2008
MetalRob331
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 1:20 am

I always thought that the solo to In My Dreams was pretty tasty. I like how it starts off slow and gives the payoff at the end.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 1:24 am

chewie wrote:
I always thought that the solo to In My Dreams was pretty tasty. I like how it starts off slow and gives the payoff at the end.
Love his staccato sixteenths in the first section...
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 2:50 am

Lynch is impressive but his solos just nvr click for me. Some are outstanding but in that genre there are just other guitar players I prefer.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 2:58 am

This is pretty cool. I used to have this video and studied it mercilessly.

Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:57 am

Cheating time. I believe it is played by Lynch, but written by Tony.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 11:24 am

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Cheating time. I believe it is played by Lynch, but written by Tony.
Interesting. I've not heard any MacAlpine for some unknown reason. He's another one we should cover in this thread sometime. But yes George is great there. Time for me to go shopping...
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 12:04 pm

^ Check out what he does on 'Universe' and 'Moonbabies' by Planet X, with Derek Sherenian and Virgil Donati.

(NOT TO DERAIL THREAD NOT TO DERAIL THREAD)
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 11:53 pm

JOHN NORUM.. One of the most criminally underrated guitarists EVER!!!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 12:04 am

Good 'ol John, forgot about him. Not a fan of Europe, though, but very much a fan of his work. Honestly, most of what I know outside of Final Countdown is Don Dokken's equally underrated solo album. As for my favorite solo...

You all can thank me later for the half-naked chicks.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 12:08 am

(as an aside, found this oddity while looking up the above video. Bizarre...)

Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 5:35 am

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 8:17 am

Fav Norum solo with Europe... Heart of Stone..

Fav solo on his solo record.. Spirit World

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 12:30 pm

When I think of Europe the only thing that pops into my mind is the unbelievably cheesy keyboard intro to The Final Countdown and the puke-inducing "made for high school dances" ballad Carrie. I don't even remember the guitarist.

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 12:57 pm

S.D. wrote:
When I think of Europe the only thing that pops into my mind is the unbelievably cheesy keyboard intro to The Final Countdown and the puke-inducing "made for high school dances" ballad Carrie.  I don't even remember the guitarist.  

Laughing very hard 
Before all that there was this great band that sounded like NWOBHV.. Check out their first two albums...

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:01 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
When I think of Europe the only thing that pops into my mind is the unbelievably cheesy keyboard intro to The Final Countdown and the puke-inducing "made for high school dances" ballad Carrie.  I don't even remember the guitarist.  

Laughing very hard 
Before all that there was this great band that sounded like NWOBHV.. Check out their first two albums...

Wings of Tomorrow has one of my favorite solos from him. Stormwind as well.

Last edited by chewie on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:08 pm

The whole album? Laughing very hard  Now theres a fan hahaha!!!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:13 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
The whole album? Laughing very hard   Now theres a fan hahaha!!!
I thought that it was just a clip of the song Wings Of Tomorrow. Comment has been edited. Razz 

That whole album does kick some ass!!!!!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 3:01 pm

NWOBHV?

New Wave of British Heavy Visage?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 3:03 pm

Now I have that f*cking intro to The Final Countdown stuck in my head. EUROPE CAN KISS MY ASS!

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 3:25 pm

corplhicks wrote:
NWOBHV?

New Wave of British Heavy Visage?
Laughing very hard Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Don't understand the hate for Europe, I mean I don't really like them but I find it difficult to understand how people who love Hysteria can call them cheesy or poppy (again, they are but so are RATT, DL, Bon Jovi and others in their heyday)

I do really like the guitar solo on TFCD and think that it's a good pop song, sing it with me Shawn

DA DA DA DA!! DA DA DA DA DA!! Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 5:32 pm

I can't stand Hysteria, it is JUST as cheesy as The Final Countdown.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 5:47 pm

Solo in The Final Countdown is epic and SD listen to the album I posted. You will enjoy it Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 6:00 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Solo in The Final Countdown is epic and SD listen to the album I posted. You will enjoy it Wink
I've heard that album before, probably not since the 80s but I remember it.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 2:05 pm

Tony Iommi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next