Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album

Go down 
+5
manny
ultmetal
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album   Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:38 pm

Cinderella guitarist Jeff LaBar is currently in the studio putting the final touches on his brand new solo album, which is slated for release sometime in early spring through Rat Pak Records.

The tracks on the album range from classic, early Cinderella-style hard rock, to groove laden blues-rock, and everything in between. LaBar not only sings on this release, but also does a fantastic job of capturing the magic and spirit of the classic genre he helped create.

LaBar experienced multi-platinum success with Cinderella and their studio albums 'Night Songs', 'Long Cold Winter', 'Heartbreak Station' and 'Still Climbing'. The guitarist's upcoming release will be his first solo effort.

Head over and like the new Official Jeff LaBar Facebook page at www.facebook.com/OfficialJeffLaBar, or sign up to the Rat Pak Records mailing list at www.ratpakrecordsamerica.com/jefflabar to be the first to receive updates on the upcoming album.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album   Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:39 pm

Well crap, c'mon guys, get together finally. I'm not getting younger here.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album   Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:49 pm

Maybe Jeff will release 'Pat's Dogs'?

And yes, I realize Jeff is NOT in that video. But that won't stop me from posting that clip anytime I can.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album   Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 1:17 pm

\'arry \'eadbanger 
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album   Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 1:25 pm

The bass player has also done three albums with his side-project, Naked Beggars. LaBar did the Freakshow album, too.

Cinderella could easily go back and re-record all those pre-Night Song tracks. Many of them are awesome, while most are really good and could easily be great with a few tweaks. Why they don't do this is beyond me.

"Cry No More" is all kinds of classic Aerosmith. But either way, just go to YouTube and listen to all the clips. They've got like three albums' worth of unreleased material, most of which could easily make for a great album today.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album   Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 1:29 pm

Always liked Cinderella. It's a shame they never released a fifth album, but those first four are classics IMO.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album   Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 1:31 pm

I like Cinderella too but I am curious to what Jeff LaBar is going to sound like solo, the sole songwriter in Cinderella was Tom Keifer
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album   Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 3:32 am

Eyesore nailed it.I just wish they would do it already.They've been one of my favorites since Night Songs
was released.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album   Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 12:38 pm

Has anyone seen any mention of who will be singing on this album?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album   Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 12:42 pm

glassprison wrote:
Has anyone seen any mention of who will be singing on this album?

Jeff. No mention of any guest vocalists. Or other band members for that matter. Maybe that info is forthcoming.

Quote :
LaBar not only sings on this release, but also does a fantastic job of capturing the magic and spirit of the classic genre he helped create.

Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album   Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 1:26 pm

manny wrote:
I like Cinderella too but I am curious to what Jeff LaBar is going to sound like solo, the sole songwriter in Cinderella was Tom Keifer

100% agreed
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album   Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:42 pm

I like Jeff, but judging from live recordings of his backing vocals I can't imagine this sounding exceptional if he is doing all the lead vocals.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album   Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 10:08 am

Eyesore wrote:
Cinderella could easily go back and re-record all those pre-Night Song tracks. Many of them are awesome, while most are really good and could easily be great with a few tweaks. Why they don't do this is beyond me.

I think this is a brilliant idea. I'd snap that up in a heartbeat. If I was on Facebook, I'd encourage everyone to bombard their pages with demands for this.  \'arry \'eadbanger 

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album   Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 11:09 am

It's cool Jeff's doing a solo record but I'd be more interested if Cinderella were recording a new album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album   Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cinderella Guitarist Releasing Solo Album
Page 1 of 1