Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!

Go down 
+23
Eyesore
BearOnUnicycle
ishfar
Wargod
Wurthless
Citanul
MetallicSeminarian
akeldama
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
bgsully
AutumnShantel
Addy
brokentulsa
manny
tohostudios
Lari
Dark Horseman
thejokeriv
bass63
corplhicks
Boris2008
MetalRob331
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 1:02 am

I'm saying Freewheel Burning for purely sentimental reasons.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 1:13 am

Boris2008 wrote:
I'm saying Freewheel Burning for purely sentimental reasons.
That is some kickass interplay in there. Should have made my list.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 7:15 am

I have listened to just about all Priest and I actually prefer Halford in Fight or his SOLO material.. Not that I dislike Priest, I just dont like many songs.. My fav album is Jugulator and Halford isnt even on it...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17152

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 4:07 pm

I like the trade off solos on One Shot at Glory.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:10 pm

1. Electric Eye
2. Sinner
3. Turbo Lover
4. Starbreaker
5. Beyond The Realms Of Death
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 1:54 pm

Beyond the realms of death!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 8:37 pm

Dreamer Deceiver.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:52 am

Bloodstone has a pretty killer solo in it
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 3:00 pm

No idea. The first that came to mind was Between the Hammer and the Anvil.

The section starting at 3:12, and actually all the leads towards the ending, lifts me up and fills with energy \'arry \'eadbanger 
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 9:26 am

Victim of Changes
Desert Plains
Delivering the Goods
Winter/Deep Freeze/Winter Retreat/Cheater
Locked In
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:33 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Bloodstone has a pretty killer solo in it
AND a killer riff, including the opening. Good one. Love the pull-offs at the end before exploding back into the chorus BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODSTO-ONE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:49 am

Bloodstone is my favorite song from that album, always loved the intro and main riff.

Individual solos really aren't jumping to mind, but honestly so much of what the Tipton/Downing tandem accomplished is stellar.

I don't really think much about guitar solos any longer, at least not critiquing a solo by itself, I judge solos only on how they fit within the rest of composition. That same theory applies whether the solo is written out or completely improvised.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:57 am

S.D. wrote:
Bloodstone is my favorite song from that album, always loved the intro and main riff.  

Individual solos really aren't jumping to mind, but honestly so much of what the Tipton/Downing tandem accomplished is stellar.  

I don't really think much about guitar solos any longer, at least not critiquing a solo by itself, I judge solos only on how they fit within the rest of composition.  That same theory applies whether the solo is written out or completely improvised.  
I agree with this.. Solos are just an addition to a song but when done well they really do add to the song.  In a lot of songs solos are just that, a solo.  The song wouldn't be any different if it wasn't there.  

IMO the great guitarists lead you up to the solo bcuz you know it's coming.

Bloodstone is also my fav song on that album.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 12:01 pm

Contrary to how I was as a teenager, I actually zone out during solos these days unless we're talking jazz and prog. If they do happen to catch my ear, that means solid integration in the actual song. Flashy solos, shred, all well and good but aren't as much of a thing for me any longer.

I began noticing this years ago when revisiting my old band Van Halen. I'd be rocking out to the tune but when the solo came along I found myself entirely detached.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 12:03 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Contrary to how I was as a teenager, I actually zone out during solos these days unless we're talking jazz and prog. If they do happen to catch my ear, that means solid integration in the actual song. Flashy solos, shred, all well and good but aren't as much of a thing for me any longer.

I began noticing this years ago when revisiting my old band Van Halen. I'd be rocking out to the tune but when the solo came along I found myself entirely detached.
Some solos though still give me goosebumps. Very few nowadays but I have my fav guitarists who never disappoint...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 12:06 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Some solos though still give me goosebumps.  Very few nowadays but I have my fav guitarists who never disappoint...
True. Was listening to Pagan's Mind while cleaning the garage yesterday; there were several spots were Jorn just had me frozen in my tracks.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 1:42 pm

True. Was listening to Pagan's Mind while cleaning the garage yesterday; there were several spots were Jorn just had me frozen in my tracks.

Why doesn't it ever get old?  When I hear Jorn play I just marvel at what he does musically.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 2:18 pm

Jorn has great stuff, he's at his best in PM though. Jorn is an example of why identity is a prime factor in great playing.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 2:38 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Jorn has great stuff, he's at his best in PM though. Jorn is an example of why identity is a prime factor in great playing.
You, sir, deserve this upvote.

Oh. Wait. We're not on Reddit.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 4:25 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
+100000000
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:41 pm

Matthias Jabs of the Scorpions.. If you pick a Schenker, no worries!!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17152

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:09 pm

No One Like You
Rock You Like A Hurricane
Dynamite
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 4:13 pm

Scorpions are one of my favorite bands..here are a couple of my favorite Matthias solo tracks..kinda off the beaten path...

Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 5:04 pm

No one like you
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 6:06 pm

It would be incredibly disrespectful to Matthias to name either of the Schenker bros or Uli if this is about him. If you are just lumping all of these great players in together, that is plain silly! Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 19976 

Back to the question No-one Like You from Blackout

Or You Give Me All I Need from the same album!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next