Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!

Go down 
+23
Eyesore
BearOnUnicycle
ishfar
Wargod
Wurthless
Citanul
MetallicSeminarian
akeldama
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
bgsully
AutumnShantel
Addy
brokentulsa
manny
tohostudios
Lari
Dark Horseman
thejokeriv
bass63
corplhicks
Boris2008
MetalRob331
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 10:19 pm

Gonna start this thread because lets face it.  Who doesn't like an amazing guitar solo?  I will start with a guitarist and you just name your favorite solo from them.  This is about YOUR taste.  After discussing for a while I'll name the new Guitarist in the DESCRIPTION so you know it's changed...

Last edited by MetalRob331 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:12 pm; edited 26 times in total
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 10:32 pm

Does this need an explanation?

Didn't think so
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 10:35 pm

As far as right now I'd say my favorite Blackmore solo is from "A Gypsys Kiss"  just love the way the tone and scale has this very vibrant "Gypsy" feel to it.  Blackmore has some brilliant solos and it was hard for me not to pick the very amazing "Catch the Rainbow" solo but as for now im sticking with A Gypsys Kiss...

Last edited by MetalRob331 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

Does this need an explanation?

Didn't think so

Boris my man, this thread isnt about your fav solo. Im naming the guitarist in the DESCRIPTION and you tell me your fav solo by that guitarist. Right now we are on Ritchie Blackmore... I will get to Randy later hahah!!!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 10:40 pm

Yeah I only noticed that just now!!!!Embarassed 

Sorry!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 10:55 pm

Well if you insist on keeping to the rules, I'm going with this

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:03 am

Highway Star. I know it's a fairly well known song, but it's a personal thing. I heard it when I was first getting into rock and metal, and I was just barely starting to play guitar and thought, "ok then. That's it. That's how I want to play guitar." So it happens to be an early influence, I believe before I ever heard EVH.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 1:59 am

corplhicks wrote:
Highway Star. I know it's a fairly well known song, but it's a personal thing. I heard it when I was first getting into rock and metal, and I was just barely starting to play guitar and thought, "ok then. That's it. That's how I want to play guitar." So it happens to be an early influence, I believe before I ever heard EVH.

Thats a damn good reason. I dont rly try to play other ppls solos as I think it takes away from a lack of creativity and originality in my playing. Just sitting there for hours learning someone elses chops when I can be learning new things makes me SMH LOL!!

I know you're not saying you learned it but I know when I hear a riff or something Ill pick the guitar up and doodle around. Ive been playing for around 18 yrs and Highway Star is an amazing solo and one that was hard for me to tell myself not to try it LOL!!! Great choice headbanger 
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:15 pm

I love Blackmores solo on Burn. Plus I love the riff.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Let's not forget Child in Time.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:42 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Let's not forget Child in Time.

headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 3:15 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

A great underrated song
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 6:16 pm

Maybe you've heard this one?

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 6:47 pm

I cannot name just one. Blackmore used to be masterful in coming up with interesting and exciting solos. If anything, I'd take some of those live performances over any studio versions. There was a little bit of psychedelia and experimentation, especially in the 70's Rainbow times. Maybe 'psychedelia' is the wrong word. Something like "experimental musicianship", is what I was after. Great improvised, but technical doodling combined with some metal shredding.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 6:49 pm

My favorite Blackmore "solo" is actually more of a duet.  It's at the end of "Play Minstrel Play" from the Blackmore's Night album "Shadow Of the Moon".  In the song, he plays exactly the same riffs as Ian Anderson does on the flute which, even though I don't play either instrument would seem to be much easier on a wind-driven instrument than a guitar.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:50 pm

Moving on to Slash..

This one is easy for me... November Rain's solos during the versus's (not the one on the piano)

I used to play that solo over and over and over again...Melodicness at its finest right there!!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:00 pm

Yup, November Rain for me too. Epic, sweeping, passionate, and he's just badass in the video.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:08 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
As far as right now I'd say my favorite Blackmore solo is from "A Gypsys Kiss"  just love the way the tone and scale has this very vibrant "Gypsy" feel to it.  Blackmore has some brilliant solos and it was hard for me not to pick the very amazing "Catch the Rainbow" solo but as for now im sticking with A Gypsys Kiss...

Wow!!! 'Gypsy's Kiss' is a killer solo, very cool you picked a deep cut from the lads. 'Catch a Rainbow' is very lyrical, melodic, just amazing.

I guess I should take back all those mean things I said about you Metalrob
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:14 pm

manny wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Wow!!! 'Gypsy's Kiss' is a killer solo, very cool you picked a deep cut from the lads. 'Catch a Rainbow' is very lyrical, melodic, just amazing.

I guess I should take back all those mean things I said about you Metalrob

They were so mean I don't even remember hahaha!!! All is always well my man Smile
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:16 pm

As far as Slash, I like his guitar solos but the one I remember the most is 'Sweet Child of Mine', granted I must have heard it 900000000000000 times, but to me the strength of that song is the solo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:44 pm

Lots of great Blackmore solos.  He was primarily an improvisor so he's one of those musicians that is worth investigating multiple live versions of the same songs because you're never quite sure what he's going to do.

The live version of Child In Time from Made In Japan is awesome, quite different than the studio take.

One of my very favorites is in the studio version of The Mule from Fireball.  It is actually 2 different solos back to back, both fantastic.  

The guitar solos start at 2min 40sec (after a wonderfully spacey organ solo from Jon Lord).

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:50 pm

The one where he has a cigarette in his mouth and is wearing a big hat.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:34 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
The one where he has a cigarette in his mouth and is wearing a big hat.

You saying you like them all?
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:24 pm

Richie Blackmore...

Slash...not much of a fan really...(maybe I just got sick of hearing guns n roses )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!   Favorite Solo by Guitarist!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Solo by Guitarist!!
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next