Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...

Go down 
+21
jettafiend
exact33
thejokeriv
CRIMSONMASK
ultmetal
ZombieHavoc
bgsully
Citanul
mc666
corplhicks
brokentulsa
akeldama
80s Metal Lady
Dark Horseman
BearOnUnicycle
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
candlemass
MetalGuy71
MetalRob331
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:54 pm

jettafiend wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Does Avantasia over Edguy count?

Kind of like Lance King or Balance of Power? Sure. Although I completely disagree. Edguy is so much better than Avantasia. IMHO.

i dont know about that - the couple Edguy albums were snoozefests...

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 11:06 pm

Can't make a full judgment myself; I've heard only two Edguy albums but so far Avantasia is so much more metal and EPIC.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 12:28 pm

Yeah, I can answer that one & probably start a row at the same time - Jerry Cantrell albums compared to the Lenny Kravitz AIC. I remember we (people on the forum) had quite a heated debate about the non-Layne William "I just stepped out of a gym" Kravitz-Duvall. What was that awful album that had absolutely no soul that was released in 2010? Black Gives way To No Ideas, that's it.  Then the new AILK album was released and I threw my two cents in and, well, it got quite heated :glee:
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 11:30 pm

I like the John Fogerty stuff WAY more than CCR. I loce CCR in their own right but John Fogerty really came into his own as a song writer and musician when he started releasing his solo works.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 12:25 pm

I think Edguy's Mandrake and Hellfire Club were better then any Avantasia stuff but lately Avantasia has been much better then Edguy.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 8:07 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
I dig Doros solo albums over warlock (warlock rocks though)
Lita Ford over the runaways
Vince Neil over Motley Crue
Ross the boss to manowar

Vince Neil def rocked it (Exposed) but I love anything Steve Stevens plays on. That's one underrated guitar player.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 10:51 pm

Have the solo albums by slash, izzy stradlin, duff mckagen, steven adler, and gilby clarke been mentioned yet? All better than Chinese Democracy (and the spaghetti incident for that matter)
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 3:17 am

Hadley wrote:
Have the solo albums by slash, izzy stradlin, duff mckagen, steven adler, and gilby clarke been mentioned yet? All better than Chinese Democracy (and the spaghetti incident for that matter)

But are they better than Appetite or the Illusion albums?

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 3:40 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:
I dig Doros solo albums over warlock (warlock rocks though)
Lita Ford over the runaways
Vince Neil over Motley Crue
Ross the boss to manowar

Vince Neil def rocked it  (Exposed) but I love anything Steve Stevens plays on. That's one underrated guitar player.

Agreed. I hate the movie top gun, but the theme song with stevens is bliss.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 6:50 am

corplhicks wrote:
I hate the movie top gun

I'm pretty sure that's against the law or something! Lol Smile
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 12:43 pm

bgsully wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
I hate the movie top gun

I'm pretty sure that's against the law or something!  Lol  Smile

I have people tell me it's against the law of nature!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 12:01 pm

speaking of solo albums I heard this morning that Ace Frehley is working on a new album I hope this is true because this will INSTANTLY top my want list Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Addy wrote:
speaking of solo albums I heard this morning that Ace Frehley is working on a new album I hope this is true because this will INSTANTLY top my want list Very Happy

Oooooo!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 1:07 pm

mc666 wrote:
Hadley wrote:

But are they better than Appetite or the Illusion albums?

Yes, I agree. May not be better than Appetite, but definitely better than the rest of GnR catalogue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3