Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The KISS solo albums. Which is best?

Go down 
+17
JBall_Z
spiritoradio
chewie
nevermore
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
James B.
Metal Misfit
manny
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
ultmetal
Addy
exact33
Troublezone
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Empty
PostSubject: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:27 am

Although I can kinda already figure the answer to that, this forum tends to surprise me every so often. The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Lol

So, in your opinion(s), which of the four 1978 KISS solo albums is the superior album?

I myself agree with Scott in that I think the Ace Frehley album was definently the superior album of the four. Ace was allowed to get out of Gene and Paul's shadow and to have complete creative freedom. Because of that he was able to show his chops as a musician.

Not only that, but Ace plays every single insturnment except drums on his album. Compare that to the bass player, Gene Simmons, who doesn't even play freakin' bass on his album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:41 am

Ace Frehley's by a mile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:58 am

You mean, which one sucks the least, right?

Ace. By 5 miles.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:05 am

Ace by a mile.

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:14 am

Ace easily and it doesn't suck

Ace Frehley does not know how to make sucky music
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:15 am

1. Ace Frehley
2. Paul Stanley (in a close second)

3. Gene Simmons

4. Peter Criss

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:15 am

ACE!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:24 am

ACE! "Insufficient data, Star-Child! ACK!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:35 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ACE! "Insufficient data, Star-Child! ACK!"

ACK!!!! Ace rules!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:40 am

Troublezone wrote:
Ace Frehley's by a mile.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:42 am

exact33 wrote:
Ace by a mile.

You don't like Paul Stanley's solo album? I like Ace's best too, but Paul Stanley's solo album is no dud either.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:43 am

Ace Frehley's by miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Stanley's is also good.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:00 am

Ace's hands down. Paul's would come in second,followed by Gene's. Peter's is so far behind it's not even funny. Just a terrible abomination.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:59 am

Paul
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:35 am

I have always liked Ace's the best
though Paul's is very good, especially side one

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:02 am

Ace's is the only one I own, so make of that what you will.

I had Peter's album on cassette years ago for reasons I can't explain. It's awful.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Ace by a mile.

You don't like Paul Stanley's solo album? I like Ace's best too, but Paul Stanley's solo album is no dud either.

I like his but I love Ace's stuff.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:00 pm

ACE The KISS solo albums. Which is best? 11840
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:31 pm

ultmetal wrote:
1. Ace Frehley

3. Gene Simmons

4. Peter Criss

That's the order I'd put them in too.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:36 pm

nevermore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
1. Ace Frehley

3. Gene Simmons

4. Peter Criss

That's the order I'd put them in too.

+3
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:49 pm

I think Paul's is the best out of the four.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:59 pm

ultmetal wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Ace by a mile.

Actually, when these albums were released, Paul was my favorite member of KISS. His album was the first one I bought (on 8 track) and my favorite of the four (who are one The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_smile ). But I agree with Ult, ultimately Ace wins the prize and Paul is a close second.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:03 am

I think kmorg would list Gene Simmons as his favorite.

Metal-Metropolis wrote:
Gene's record was not what people expected from KISS co-founder. His demon-esque persona made people to believe that his record would be filled with crunchy riffs, and dark melodies ala "God Of Thunder" (although it really was penned by Paul!). This was not the case. Gene took on a more mellow sound, but the lyrics was definitely Gene-like! I wish more people would have seen that making solo-records should not be like making records with the band. Solo records should sound different, otherwise there is no point making them. Gene's album is really a good one, if you look at it from that perspective. He writes really great songs. It's the album I tend to listen to the most of all the solo-stuff. "See You In Your Dreams" is a re-recorded version of the 'Rock And Roll Over' track by the same name. "When You Wish Upon A Star" is a rendition of the Walt Disney classic!

Killer tracks: Radioactive, See You Tonight, Man Of 1,000 Faces, Mr. Make Believe, See You In Your Dreams

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:16 am

that's easy.....Space Ace's album, with Paul's coming in at #2.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:20 am

ultmetal wrote:
I think kmorg would list Gene Simmons as his favorite.

Metal-Metropolis wrote:
"See You In Your Dreams" is a re-recorded version of the 'Rock And Roll Over' track by the same name.

On that note, does anyone here actually prefer Gene's solo album version of "See You In Your Dreams" to the Rock And Roll Over version?

Personally, I like the original version on RARO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The KISS solo albums. Which is best?   The KISS solo albums. Which is best? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The KISS solo albums. Which is best?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next