Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...

Go down 
+21
jettafiend
exact33
thejokeriv
CRIMSONMASK
ultmetal
ZombieHavoc
bgsully
Citanul
mc666
corplhicks
brokentulsa
akeldama
80s Metal Lady
Dark Horseman
BearOnUnicycle
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
candlemass
MetalGuy71
MetalRob331
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 1:06 pm

Anything that Geoff Tate releases is better than Queensryche, especially that new Todd-Ryche band.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Yes but Geoff Tate was 81% of Queensryche, which pretty much makes it a solo project already Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:01 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Anything that Geoff Tate releases is better than Queensryche, especially that new Todd-Ryche band.

Surely you can't be serious?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

He's deadly serious. And stop calling him Shirley.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:11 pm

Thanks for that. Cool 

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:27 pm

I really thought 'Kings and Thieves' was lightyears beyond that caveman music QR is known for. I mean, it's not the 80's anymore.
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Well played, sir!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Awesome response. Gotta love a bit of humor.

But on a serious note, anything the Geoff makes is pure gold, stop questioning it!

By the way Fat Freddy, do you like movies about gladiators?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:53 pm

Quote :

Of course.

Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:59 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Awesome response. Gotta love a bit of humor.

But on a serious note, anything the Geoff makes is pure gold, stop questioning it!

Correct - he is redefining metal, no more "bone-headed chung chung a chung" riffs for The Vest!

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 3:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Of course.

I know you. You're Kareem Abdul Jabar.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 3:37 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Of course.

I'm sorry, you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdoch. I'm a pilot.

(Somebody stop me, I can do this all day...)

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 3:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Of course.

I'm sorry, you must have me confused with someone else. My name is Roger Murdoch. I'm a pilot.

(Somebody stop me, I can do this all day...)

What do you make of this?
Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Newspaper-clipping-of-a-reprint-of-The-Times-dated-April-21-1926-to-celebrate-the-HRH-Queen-Elizabeth-II-80th-birthday-in-2006-1-JR

Last edited by ultmetal on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 3:51 pm

ultmetal wrote:

What do you make of this?
Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFu0bFTFnOR30eSylmCim4VS2at76AAMW21vpJmMQyHDDgweXW

I can make a hat, I can make a brooch, I can make a pterodactyl...

I'm serious... I really CAN do this all day.

THE TOWER! RAPUNZEL! RAPUNZEL!

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:01 pm

The best, absolute best line in Airplaine! is when the press is their covering the story, and one of the guys says, "ok, boys, let's take some pictures", and they start pulling framed photos off the wall and leaving with them.

Genius.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:03 pm

There's no reason to be alarmed and we hope you enjoy the rest of your flight.

By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:21 pm

TV commentator: "They knew what they were getting into when they bought their tickets." (Pauses, looks directly into camera) "I say... LET'EM crash!"

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:26 pm

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:46 pm

"We need to get this woman to a hospital"
"A hospital? What is it?"
"It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 6:23 pm

It's okay...I speak jive..
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 7:22 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
It's okay...I speak jive..

"Well, de people dey wuz freakin, 'n' the pilots was laid to the bone, Holmes, know what I'm sayin'? But Ted Striker, bro was ON! Didn't trip! Took that baaaad sucka down the runway like a mothaaaaaaa.... sheeeeeit."

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:09 pm

I thought Ace's Anomaly was better than Kiss's Sonic Boom.

It may not be exactly on point (but after the above posts not sure you can fault me) but I thought Keith Richards solo material slays Mick Jaggers.

jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:25 pm

Rex Carrolls solo stuff annihilates anything that post-Rex-Whitecross attempted to record.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Does Avantasia over Edguy count?
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:48 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Does Avantasia over Edguy count?

Kind of like Lance King or Balance of Power? Sure. Although I completely disagree. Edguy is so much better than Avantasia. IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...   Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Solo Albums that are better than their respected bands...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next