Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official KISS Thread Pt II

Go down 
+43
Wrecked Neck
MetalHeartMonsterMan
the sentinel
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
tul
ze_mau
DeathCult
Dave the Boss
mlotek
stpatrik
Metal Misfit
Runicen
Orion Crystal Ice
glassprison
nevermore
Lari
metalinmyveins
krokus
MetallicSeminarian
chewie
Vexer6
akeldama
Lurideath
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
James B.
corplhicks
iamrockerfun
ZombieHavoc
Cliffy
bass63
exact33
brokentulsa
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
ElectricEye93
ultmetal
JBall_Z
Fat Freddy
manny
thejokeriv
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 1:00 pm

I like the adds of Creatures, Tears and Parasite..... I wish the played those on the tour this past summer!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 10:35 am

Always on the lookout for the next trend to exploit, KISS has now caught the J-Pop virus.

Early next year they will release a "Crossover Single" with the Japanese "Idol" group Momoiro Clover Z.

... what, BabyMetal wasn't available? Very Happy

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 335f1eee05ac6fe46d2300d3fc5c34971416184850_full

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/11/16/global-release-planned-for-momoiro-clover-z-vs-kiss-collaboration

I know nothing about this girl-band (or this style of music in general), but apparently Momoiro Clover Z are quite the big deal in the Land of the Rising Sun. Here's a previous track of theirs which features ex-Megadeth guy Marty Friedman on guitar:

...ehhh, good Lord, I'd rather jab an ice pick in both ears than be subjected to that again...therefore I'll pass on this KISS collaboration...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 5:52 pm

I personally think they are very talented and i'm interested to see what the new KISS track sounds like.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 10:07 am

Eh, those wacky Japanese, huh? I read that KISS are also going to be in this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC too. I hope they play 'Rock n Roll All Nite' for a change.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 10:16 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eh, those wacky Japanese, huh? I read that KISS are also going to be in this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC too. I hope they play 'Rock n Roll All Nite' for a change.

Laughing very hard I said the same thing. "Boy, I can't wait to see Al Roker introduce KISS as they lipsync "RNR All Nite" in front of Macy's for the nationwide TV audience!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 1:01 pm

Hypothetical question time, kids!!

Back in '78, the individual members of KISS each released "solo" albums. Ace's rocked, Paul's was more or less what you'd expect, Gene went out of his comfort zone and took advantage of the solo aspect. Poor Peter pretty much laid an egg. A stinking, rotten, cracked egg. Now fast forward to 2014...

If the current members of KISS each released a solo album under the KISS moniker, whose would fare best? Gene has released a few solo albums and went out of bounds a few times, so I'd expect the same. Some good tunes, some out there. Paul, same deal as before. He wouldn't stray too far from what you'd expect from him. Maybe more ballad-y type stuff. But what about the new guys?

Eric has proven to have a decent set of pipes on him and has shown his love of classic rock on his ESP cover album. Would he go for more of the same? Cover some classics or record new tunes with that 70's feel?

Tommy Thayer's got something to prove here. Step out from behind the Space Ace make-up and shred like it's 1988? He's done some vocals, but isn't much of a singer. Does he do an instrumental? Get guest vocalists? Play it like Ace and provide his own vocals?

What say you, HoM?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 11:36 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Laughing very hard I said the same thing. "Boy, I can't wait to see Al Roker introduce KISS as they lipsync "RNR All Nite" in front of Macy's for the nationwide TV audience!"

And that's exactly what they did !  At least it was lipsynced from a recent live performance. And I sat through roughly 2 hours of that crappy parade to catch it.

Last edited by 007 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 12:56 pm

In case you missed it, here's KISS performance from today's Thanksgiving Parade. Watch it quick before the lawyers have it removed from YouTube:

Laughing very hard The only one who looks like he's having fun is Gene. The rest of the band looks soaked and miserable.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 1:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
In case you missed it, here's KISS performance from today's Thanksgiving Parade. Watch it quick before the lawyers have it removed from YouTube:

Laughing very hard The only one who looks like he's having fun is Gene. The rest of the band looks soaked and miserable.

Man that was quick !
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 1:16 pm

Never aired Paul Stanley Folgers commercial:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/paul-stanleys-folgers-commercial-surfaces-online/

The Folgers coffee company made a commercial in 2000 featuring KISS frontman Paul Stanley, but it was never aired, reportedly because focus groups asked, "Who is the old, creepy guy?" and the advertising agency pulled it. The full clip has now surfaced on YouTube and can be seen below.
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/paul-stanleys-folgers-commercial-surfaces-online/#V3SHL4K0GhEowr3X.99
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 1:20 pm

^^ Laughing very hard It doesn't get much more random than that.

Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: Ace Frehley   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 1:37 pm

I read Ace Frehley's biography. A few days ago there was a documentary about the cocaine trade.
Well cocaine is made by mixing the coca plant with cement, gasoline, an aggressive toilet cleaner and caustic soda.
And he put this into his nose!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 10:20 am

tul wrote:
I read Ace Frehley's biography. A few days ago there was a documentary about the cocaine trade.
Well cocaine is made by mixing the coca plant with cement, gasoline, an aggressive toilet cleaner and caustic soda.
And he put this into his nose!

After watching the entire 'Breaking Bad' series, I can't believe all the crazy sh*t that goes into producing meth.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 9:13 am

007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

And that's exactly what they did !  At least it was lipsynced from a recent live performance. And I sat through roughly 2 hours of that crappy parade to catch it.

Late response, but say what you will about their performance at the parade, but that one little bit has turned my 3-year-old son into a KISS fanatic (for the moment, until he finds something else he's into)...or at lease a RNR All Night fanatic. He had me play that clip for him many many times, and I also pulled up some youtube vids of other RNR All Night performances. He got his little plastic guitar and stood in front of the TV sticking his tongue out as far as he could.

The other rock n roll songs he's gotten obsessed with are Blitzrieg Bop, Iron Man and Lion's Transformers theme from the movie.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 12:46 pm

Found a new link for it

That commercial was not that bad, was ok, very 1970's-ish/early 80's style, and should have been used, as when it played, you can use the time to get up and go to the kitchen for food, or see quickly what was on another station.
Razz
I have NEVER bought coffee based on TV commercials anyways, but only if it was brand name I recognized and sold at a cheap price.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 6:39 pm

KISS' collaboration with the Japanese girl pop band "Momoiro Clover Z" has hit YouTube - check it out before Gene and Paul have it removed:

Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 7:26 pm

Pretty good song!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 10:18 am

KISS and that J-Pop girl band released a seizure-inducing video. KISS is in it, but other than that, I have no idea whats going on in there. I'm not even sure it's KISS performing the music. View at your own risk.

I guess this is the cover art for the single? I'm not sure. Looks cool though...
Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Kissmomoirocdcover

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 10:44 am

Um.....weird?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 11:06 am

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Japan is a straaaaaaaange place.

Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 1:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Japan is a straaaaaaaange place.
Eh, we have our own bizarre customs.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 4:36 pm

Paul Stanley's Facebook page reports that import copies of the KISS vs. Whatever-That-Girl-Group's-Name-Is CD single are being sold via CDBaby (!), if you simply must own one. $19.00 (!) for a 6-track disc? Sorry, Pauly. Gonna pass on that.

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Momoirocloverzvskiss

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/momoirocloverzvskiss

*Edit: sez they're "out of stock" on that one already. Wow, that was quick. Apparently you can get on the "waiting list" for when they get more, tho.

CD Baby also has copies of the "Momoclo Version" of the single, whatever the f*ck that means, which apparently has a different/less cool cover....but it has only four tracks and will set you back $24. Once again, I think I'm gonna pass.

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Momoirocloverz

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/momoirocloverz

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 11:06 pm

Yeah, no thanks.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 12:51 am

Don't really care much at all for late 80's Kiss, but this is one track that's an exception.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 11:09 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Paul Stanley's Facebook page reports that import copies of the KISS vs. Whatever-That-Girl-Group's-Name-Is CD single are being sold via CDBaby (!), if you simply must own one. $19.00 (!) for a 6-track disc? Sorry, Pauly. Gonna pass on that.

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Momoirocloverzvskiss

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/momoirocloverzvskiss

Damn, I just finally got around to checking those tunes out and I really, really like them. They are just fun, nothing fancy.

I don't think I'll be shelling out $20 for the CD (maybe a nice looking 10" vinyl I would), but I'll probably buy the iTunes version for $7.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official KISS Thread Pt II
Page 20 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next