Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official KISS Thread Pt II

Go down 
+43
Wrecked Neck
MetalHeartMonsterMan
the sentinel
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
tul
ze_mau
DeathCult
Dave the Boss
mlotek
stpatrik
Metal Misfit
Runicen
Orion Crystal Ice
glassprison
nevermore
Lari
metalinmyveins
krokus
MetallicSeminarian
chewie
Vexer6
akeldama
Lurideath
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
James B.
corplhicks
iamrockerfun
ZombieHavoc
Cliffy
bass63
exact33
brokentulsa
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
ElectricEye93
ultmetal
JBall_Z
Fat Freddy
manny
thejokeriv
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:17 pm

Kiss is having a residency here at The Hard Rock in Vegas. Can't remember the dates they are here but I know tix for this go on sale Monday July 21. Not sure on prices either, haven't looked.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:19 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
007 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

I think there's plenty of gems on that album like Hide Your Heart, Betrayed, Boomerang, Little Caesar, King Of Hearts, Forever, etc.

I agree about the songs you mentioned.

Witchfinder wrote:

It's a very rushed album and it shows.  

Just about everything on the album. Way too many songs also.
I disagree, it didn't feel rushed to me the way "The Elder" and "Unmasked" did.

Unmasked I can understand, but Elder is overdone if anything.

Hot In The Shade even sounds rushed though, it's clear some tracks were just demos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:20 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
007 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

I think there's plenty of gems on that album like Hide Your Heart, Betrayed, Boomerang, Little Caesar, King Of Hearts, Forever, etc.

Witchfinder wrote:

Hot In The Shade even sounds rushed though, it's clear some tracks were just demos.
None of them really sounded like demos to me.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:31 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
007 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

Witchfinder wrote:

Perhaps not production wise, but some don't sound like finished thoughts as songs. Unfortunately I can't really cite a specific example, as I haven't listened to it in years (and have no intention to again). After LIU each album got progressively worse. However, even Crazy Nights, while not my go to from the era, has a couple songs I'd put on a compilation. HITS is just the pits as far as I'm concerned. It's almost an album on autopilot. Hide Your Heart is a great track, but Ace's version is the best IMO.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:35 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
007 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

Witchfinder wrote:

Perhaps not production wise, but some don't sound like finished thoughts as songs. Unfortunately I can't really cite a specific example, as I haven't listened to it in years (and have no intention to again). After LIU each album got progressively worse. Crazy Nights, while not my go to from the era, has a couple songs I'd put on a compilation. HITS is just the pits as far as I'm concerned. It's almost an album on autopilot. Hide Your Heart is a great track, but Ace's version is the best IMO.

The entire album was demos. The label was pushing the band to put out an album following the failure of Crazy Nights to shift a lot of units. The band presented the demos to the label and the label decided to put them out as is. I think we discussed this in this very thread at some point. The album is way too long and many of the songs sound unfinished.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:36 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
007 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

Witchfinder wrote:

The entire album is nothing but demos that were cleaned up at the mixing stage. The plan was to re-record the songs in a better studio. Record company didn't want to spend any more $$$ on a new KISS record at that point and made the decision to clean up the demos and release as is.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:36 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
007 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

Witchfinder wrote:

Perhaps not production wise, but some don't sound like finished thoughts as songs. Unfortunately I can't really cite a specific example, as I haven't listened to it in years (and have no intention to again). After LIU each album got progressively worse. Crazy Nights, while not my go to from the era, has a couple songs I'd put on a compilation. HITS is just the pits as far as I'm concerned. It's almost an album on autopilot. Hide Your Heart is a great track, but Ace's version is the best IMO.

The entire album was demos.  The label was pushing the band to put out an album following the failure of Crazy Nights to shift a lot of units.  The band presented the demos to the label and the label decided to put them out as is.  I think we discussed this in this very thread at some point.  The album is way too long and many of the songs sound unfinished.  

Posted at the same time! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:37 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
007 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

Witchfinder wrote:

The entire album was demos.  The label was pushing the band to put out an album following the failure of Crazy Nights to shift a lot of units.  The band presented the demos to the label and the label decided to put them out as is.  I think we discussed this in this very thread at some point.  The album is way too long and many of the songs sound unfinished.  

Posted at the same time! LOL!

Ha!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:39 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
007 wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:

Witchfinder wrote:

The entire album is nothing but demos that were cleaned up at the mixing stage. The plan was to re-record the songs in a better studio. Record company didn't want to spend any more $$$ on a new KISS record at that point and made the decision to clean up the demos and release as is.

That's what I had thought, but couldn't remember where I had seen that written.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:43 pm

Really? That's interesting, still I never would've guessed that they were demos just from listening to them as they still sound pretty good to me, so I can only imagine how good they would've been had they been recorded the way band intended.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 10:31 pm

nevermind

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 7:24 am

I saw KISS last night, killer killer show, and was surprised to see 'War Machine' and 'Hide Your Heart' make the set
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 10:47 am

manny wrote:
I saw KISS last night, killer killer show, and was surprised to see 'War Machine' and 'Hide Your Heart' make the set

Cool

Big crowd ?  How was Paul's voice ?

Glad you had fun

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 11:16 am

It's really "Side B" of Hot In The Shade that keeps me from enjoying the album as a whole. The first half has a lot of songs I really like from this era of the band:

Rise To It: 7/10
Betrayed: 8/10
Hide Your Heart: 9/10
Prisoner of Love: 8/10
Read My Body: 4/10
Love's a Slap in the Face: 3/10
Forever: 10/10
Silver Spoon: 7/10

Cadillac Dreams: 2/10
King of Hearts 6/10
The Street Giveth... 1/10
You Love Me To Hate You 2/10
Somewhere Between... 5/10
Little Caesar 6/10
Boomerang 6/10

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 12:36 pm

glassprison wrote:
It's really "Side B" of Hot In The Shade that keeps me from enjoying the album as a whole. The first half has a lot of songs I really like from this era of the band:

Read My Body: 4/10
Love's a Slap in the Face: 3/10

Cadillac Dreams: 2/10
King of Hearts 6/10
The Street Giveth... 1/10
You Love Me To Hate You 2/10
Somewhere Between... 5/10
Little Caesar 6/10
Boomerang 6/10

Not bad, but I'd bump up the score on Little Ceasar 8/10. Cool song and it has Eric Carr on vocals.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 2:24 pm

My ratings for the songs:
Read My Body: 7/10
Love's a Slap in the Face: 6/10

Cadillac Dreams: 7/10
King of Hearts 8/10
The Street Giveth... 6/10
You Love Me To Hate You 6/10
Somewhere Between... 6/10
Little Caesar 7/10
Boomerang 6/10

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 7:17 pm

James B. wrote:
manny wrote:

Cool

Glad you had fun

Big crowd but it was co-headlined with Def Leppard. Paul's voice, even speaking voice was bit ruff, but he sounded great and played with lots of energy
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 11:59 pm

23 more days for me!

How was Def Leppard's show?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:54 am

manny wrote:
James B. wrote:
manny wrote:

Cool

Glad you had fun

Big crowd but it was co-headlined with Def Leppard.  Paul's voice, even speaking voice was bit ruff, but he sounded great and played with lots of energy

Thanks

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 8:31 am

manny wrote:
James B. wrote:
manny wrote:

Cool

Glad you had fun

Big crowd but it was co-headlined with Def Leppard.  Paul's voice, even speaking voice was bit ruff, but he sounded great and played with lots of energy

Good to hear - going to the show tonight
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 11:18 am

glassprison wrote:
23 more days for me!

Def Leppard were excellent and gave a KISS a run for their money, and Joe Elliot, who's voice is hit or miss live, was an excellent form live.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 11:34 am

manny wrote:
glassprison wrote:
23 more days for me!

Def Leppard were excellent and gave a KISS a run for their money, and Joe Elliot, who's voice is hit or miss live, was an excellent form live.

Since you got hit with Elliot, I hope I don't get miss tonight!!!
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 11:43 am

I saw the show Sunday. Both bands were excellent, but I actually preferred Lep. They had great stage presence and were exceedingly tight. Joe's voice was great when I saw them.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 10:43 am

Good show last night - Elliot sounded great and Paul sounded better than the last few times I saw KISS.

KISS did have a spinal tap moment, the Spider Lighting didn't retract and they had to leave the stage after the fourth song to fix it...
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 3:57 pm

manny wrote:
glassprison wrote:
23 more days for me!

I've seen Def Leppard twice in recent years and they were great both times. They are worse than KISS when it comes to changes to the set list though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official KISS Thread Pt II
Page 18 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next