Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official KISS Thread Pt II

Go down 
+43
Wrecked Neck
MetalHeartMonsterMan
the sentinel
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
tul
ze_mau
DeathCult
Dave the Boss
mlotek
stpatrik
Metal Misfit
Runicen
Orion Crystal Ice
glassprison
nevermore
Lari
metalinmyveins
krokus
MetallicSeminarian
chewie
Vexer6
akeldama
Lurideath
Shawn Of Fire
Witchfinder
James B.
corplhicks
iamrockerfun
ZombieHavoc
Cliffy
bass63
exact33
brokentulsa
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
ElectricEye93
ultmetal
JBall_Z
Fat Freddy
manny
thejokeriv
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 12:40 pm

Eh, I thought Live To Win was okay but nothing spectacular. I saw Paul in concert in support of it and the songs he did from it sounded much better in a live setting.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 12:43 pm

On another note, I was surprised to see how heavy Ace Frehley looked the other night on 'The Golden Gods Award Show' in VH-1 Classic. His belly looked huge.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 10:12 pm

Which KISS song would you like to have redone ?  If any....

Me, I'd like the version of "Rock Bottom" on Alive ! to have the intro.

They used to play it back then so I know it exists somplace

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 10:21 pm

The new Kiss 40 set is a pretty interesting collection because of the one-song-per-album rule. Though the only new material is the Gene Simmons demo for "Reputation" (at least I don't think that's been on any previous release). I was hoping there would be a bit more for fans that already own all of the album tracks. I'm not sure who this collection is really marketed towards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 3:16 am

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 12:57 pm

Painkiller wrote:
Not a Kiss fan, but I think Death's cover of "God of Thunder" is ace:

That is pretty damn cool
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 3:16 pm

RNR HOF continues to prove their stupidity:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rock-hall-ceo-accuses-paul-stanley-of-being-almost-borderline-racist/

Quote :
Joel Peresman (pictured), the CEO and President of the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Foundation, says that KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley has been "almost borderline racist" by allegedly stating in interviews that rap artists shouldn't be inducted into the Rock Hall because they don't play instruments.

Asked by Radio.com about KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons' "surprisingly gracious" acceptance speech at this past April's induction ceremony, Joel said, "It was a lovely speech. It was actually kind of classy, as opposed to Paul's. That speech was the best advertisement for [pointing out that] what we did was right.

"[Paul has] been almost borderline racist, not in that speech, but in other interviews talking about how hip-hop artists shouldn't be inducted because they don't play instruments. It's like, 'What are you, kidding?'

"And he talks about the nominating committee, and how those guys don't buy records. Those guys buy records! They're f*cking fans! Those guys are writers and critics and musicians. Those are the people who buy records and got into the business because they love music."

In a March 2014 interview with Radio.com, it was Simmons — not Stanley — who criticized the Rock Hall's inclusion of rap artists, saying: "A few people decide what's in and what's not and the masses just scratch their heads. You've got Grandmaster Flash in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame? RUN DMC in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame? You're killing me! That doesn't mean those aren't good artists. But they don't play guitar. They sample and they talk — not even sing."

Whether you agree rap/hip hop should be in the HOF or not, I don't see the argument AGAINST them as being "borderline racist".
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 4:42 pm

How is that borderline racist? I think it is a criticism of the style of music being called "ROCK AND ROLL" and has nothing to do with race whatsoever.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 4:47 pm

I agree, it's the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, not the hip/hop and rap hall of fame.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 4:49 pm

They're really reaching. The phrase "almost borderline" is asinine.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 11:31 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:

"[Paul has] been almost borderline racist, not in that speech, but in other interviews talking about how hip-hop artists shouldn't be inducted because they don't play instruments. It's like, 'What are you, kidding?'

Whose the racist, Paul or the guy insinuating that all rap and hip hop artist are black?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 3:50 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Whose the racist, Paul or the guy insinuating that all rap and hip hop artist are black?

Bingo ! I was thinking the same thing when I was reading the original quote from Peresman.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 11:27 am

Paul hit back on this. He must be loving it, if for no other reason than even the media outlets who initially reported on Peresman's remarks pointed out that it was GENE who questioned rap artists in the HoF, not Paul.

Few things feel as good as prepping yourself for an argument only to realize the other person forgot completely to bring the thunder.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 1:21 pm

Quote :
Which KISS song would you like to have redone ? If any....

I would want a rerecording of Comin' Home. It's great song but horrible production. I usually listen to the unplugged version for that reason.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 1:28 pm

glassprison wrote:
The new Kiss 40 set is a pretty interesting collection because of the one-song-per-album rule. Though the only new material is the Gene Simmons demo for "Reputation" (at least I don't think that's been on any previous release). I was hoping there would be a bit more for fans that already own all of the album tracks. I'm not sure who this collection is really marketed towards.

I am quite sure it's aimed at the KISS completists who will buy it for the one unreleased demo song.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 2:03 pm

KISS 40 is a cool idea for a box set. Not needed if you own the albums but at least it's done with a bit of a twist.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 3:01 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
KISS 40 is a cool idea for a box set. Not needed if you own the albums but at least it's done with a bit of a twist.

I'll be passing on this one too. It's just not worth it to me.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 3:12 pm

glassprison wrote:
Quote :
Which KISS song would you like to have redone ?  If any....

I would want a rerecording of Comin' Home. It's  great song but horrible production. I usually listen to the unplugged version for that reason.

It may be rose-tinted glasses considering the first time I heard this song was on a mix tape my Dad made me from his Kiss vinyl, but the production on this song NEVER bothered me. Somehow, it actually fits the vibe of the track to have it kind of lo-fi.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 7:19 pm

The demo is not a bad song, but you'd think if they were marketing this towards the die-hards they'd at least out some additional unreleased live versions of a few of the songs. It's not like there is a dearth of material to work with.

On another note I downloaded the massive 28 disc KISStory demo/rarities collection recently which will keep me plenty busy while I'm on a KISS kick in anticipation of the upcoming tour!
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 8:52 pm

glassprison wrote:
On another note I downloaded the massive 28 disc KISStory demo/rarities collection recently which will keep me plenty busy while I'm on a KISS kick in anticipation of the upcoming tour!

Is this a legit release or the product of music gremlins who hide in the internet tubes? I can't imagine 28 discs of unreleased Kiss, but I kind of want to get my hands on it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 9:51 pm

That does sound interesting but I find it hard to believe it's a legit thing.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 10:00 pm

It's a bootleg - just google it and you can find the files to download.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 10:02 pm

Well, there you have it. I figured as much.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 10:05 pm

Not an official release, and I doubt most of the material will ever be released. It's mostly demos and live material from KISS and related projects.

The links don't work on this page (so no need for moderators to remove it) but all of the track lists are posted at:

http://kissarmybootlegsdepot.blogspot.com/2010/01/kisstory-demos-rare-songs-vol-1-to-28.html

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 11:15 am

http://grantland.com/features/chuck-klosterman-kiss-hall-of-fame/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official KISS Thread Pt II   Official KISS Thread Pt II - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official KISS Thread Pt II
Page 14 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next