Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unorthodox Metal Opinions?

Go down 
+45
manny
Lurideath
Alex Dee Rokket
trock67
Citanul
jettafiend
Temple of Blood
JBall_Z
Leatherface
DallasBlack
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
DevZor
journeyman
Required Fields
Tur-Thalion
exact33
tohostudios
metalheaded
chewie
Hadley
choosemetal
Dark Horseman
thejokeriv
Vexer6
ultmetal
bgsully
Boris2008
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
Thrasher73
MetallicSeminarian
jstate
Fat Freddy
BearOnUnicycle
kmorg
corplhicks
adrian
Gilbert
SAHB Healer
Orion Crystal Ice
Sutekh
James B.
Wurthless
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:37 pm

[quote="journeyman"]
corplhicks wrote:
journeyman wrote:
1984 & 5150 are great albums.

But 1984 and 5150...dude, c'mon... just kidding
Summer nights, 5150, top jimmy, panama, girl gone bad. The albums get so much hate and I don't know why. Popularity, maybe, but it sure isn't because they mailed it in. Some top notch fretwork.

No, they play right, and there are some choice cuts for me--Panama, Hot for Teacher, House of Pain, Summer Nights, Best of Both Worlds, and occasionally I like to throw on Jump. It's not just the keyboards, either, although I feel like I'm listening to Journey through most of it. It's Eddie's decision to change things up and get more complex with his compositions, which is why OU812 was such an outright bore. It's like he was trying to be a progressive player for a band that was known to keep it light and simple. It became very boring and distilled. Also, the ballads were awful, except for Dreams which is I admit a guilty pleasure.

But I could live with all of this and listen to these albums more except for one major setback: Alex's e-drums. Godammit do they sound like pure shit. Worst-sounding pads on the planet. Every beat just kills me, condenses my spine that much more. And that's the reason I can't take very much of 1984 and 5150.

Sorry I get passionate when it comes to VH.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:42 pm

[quote="corplhicks"]
journeyman wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
journeyman wrote:

Summer nights, 5150, top jimmy, panama, girl gone bad. The albums get so much hate and I don't know why. Popularity, maybe, but it sure isn't because they mailed it in. Some top notch fretwork.

No, they play right, and there are some choice cuts for me--Panama, Hot for Teacher, House of Pain, Summer Nights, Best of Both Worlds, and occasionally I like to throw on Jump. It's not just the keyboards, either, although I feel like I'm listening to Journey through most of it. It's Eddie's decision to change things up and get more complex with his compositions, which is why OU812 was such an outright bore. It's like he was trying to be a progressive player for a band that was known to keep it light and simple. It became very boring and distilled. Also, the ballads were awful, except for Dreams which is I admit a guilty pleasure.

But I could live with all of this and listen to these albums more except for one major setback: Alex's e-drums. Godammit do they sound like pure shit. Worst-sounding pads on the planet. Every beat just kills me, condenses my spine that much more. And that's the reason I can't take very much of 1984 and 5150.

Sorry I get passionate when it comes to VH.

Nothing wrong with getting passionate, especially over a band as awesome as VH (they were my introduction to classic hard rock/heavy metal).
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:47 pm

They really are amazing no matter what. I listen to the debut and Women and Children once a week and I still haven't grown tired of them.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:52 pm

corplhicks wrote:
They really are amazing no matter what. I listen to the debut and Women and Children once a week and I still haven't grown tired of them.

I always thought women and children was one of the more underrated ones from the DLR era. Killer album. headbanger
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 4:35 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

I have one:

Symphony X is mostly boring crap. I like a song, two songs, here and there, but yuck.

6th.

Other than the title track to "Paradise Lost" Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 11840 I tend to give Symphony X the pass. To me it just seems, Blah. Not great, not bad just really mediocre to my ears.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 6:38 am

jettafiend wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

I have one:

Symphony X is mostly boring crap. I like a song, two songs, here and there, but yuck.

6th.

Other than the title track to "Paradise Lost" Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 11840 I tend to give Symphony X the pass. To me it just seems, Blah. Not great, not bad just really mediocre to my ears.

I'm quite surprised how many people dislike Symphony X. I have always known them to be widely liked. In any case this doesn't change my opinion of this band. They rock in my books.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 6:44 am

I'm constantly amazed at the hate of much of the music I love. However, it never colors my opinion. I love what I love and damn to what others think of it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 7:51 am

[quote="journeyman"]
corplhicks wrote:
journeyman wrote:

Totally agree. Great stuff on both.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:31 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I'm constantly amazed at the hate of much of the music I love. However, it never colors my opinion. I love what I love and damn to what others think of it.

At least you can get more than 6 replies if you start a band thread though. lol! most of what I try to start discussion on kind of struggles in the interest department.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:28 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

At least you can get more than 6 replies if you start a band thread though. lol! most of what I try to start discussion on kind of struggles in the interest department.

I suggest naming your thread QUEENSRYCHE/STRYPER/KISS!!!!!! and then talk about whatever you wanted to talk about, you might not get the conversation that you wanted but at least you would get plenty of replies from angry people when they find out that your thread isn't about Queensryche, Stryper or KISS! lol!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:22 am

I like Slipknot Sad They are not tr00.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:40 am

Warrior Soul deserved to be the mother-effing hugest band of the 1990s.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:45 am

Weird Al Yankovic is a musical genius. Everyone should recognize this and love him accordingly. (or accordionly Very Happy).
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:39 pm

There should be more accordion in metal. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:51 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

But NO SAXOPHONES. Saxophones are not tr00.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:23 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

More?? Has there ever been any?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:24 pm

Report: Saxophone Still An Okay Vehicle For Self-Expression
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:31 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Report: Saxophone Still An Okay Vehicle For Self-Expression

Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:43 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:56 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

Good Lord.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:57 pm

Y'know what metal really needs? Kazoos. Lots n' lots of kazoos.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 2:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Y'know what metal really needs? Kazoos. Lots n' lots of kazoos.

Katr00 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 2:29 pm

Yeah, none of this is metal by a hair. Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 19976
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 2:34 pm

Turisas live is really something else, the records are some of the most boring stuff I know of, but they're some of the best performers I've seen easily.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 2:39 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Turisas live is really something else, the records are some of the most boring stuff I know of, but they're some of the best performers I've seen easily.

Yeah, there's something super cheesy about the records.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unorthodox Metal Opinions?
Page 20 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next