Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unorthodox Metal Opinions?

Go down 
+45
manny
Lurideath
Alex Dee Rokket
trock67
Citanul
jettafiend
Temple of Blood
JBall_Z
Leatherface
DallasBlack
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
DevZor
journeyman
Required Fields
Tur-Thalion
exact33
tohostudios
metalheaded
chewie
Hadley
choosemetal
Dark Horseman
thejokeriv
Vexer6
ultmetal
bgsully
Boris2008
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
Thrasher73
MetallicSeminarian
jstate
Fat Freddy
BearOnUnicycle
kmorg
corplhicks
adrian
Gilbert
SAHB Healer
Orion Crystal Ice
Sutekh
James B.
Wurthless
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:33 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
I guess this is unorthodox:

Not only do I not own any Celtic Frost, I don't think I've ever heard a single song from them.

affraid
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:34 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
MetallicSeminarian wrote:
I guess this is unorthodox:

Not only do I not own any Celtic Frost, I don't think I've ever heard a single song from them.

affraid

I know! And I have a bunch of obscure stuff. For some reason, never heard Celtic Frost. Hey, thanks to this board I listened to W.A.S.P. for the first time ever. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:37 pm

Just for you! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 9:55 pm

I honestly don't care how a record is made, I only care about whether I like the finished product. I think that the ability to produce great music trumps virtuoso musicianship every time and if someone decides that using computers, drum machines, pro tools, samples etc will help them to get what is in their head into my ears, I'm fine with it.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 10:21 pm

For MetallicSeminarian:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 10:24 pm

Thanks, guys! I'll try to listen to them tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:58 am

I finally got around to listening to the Celtic Frost songs.

I really enjoyed both of them quite a bit. I despise the Giger cover on To Mega Therion, though.

I might have to invest in some of their work.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:24 am

The cover for 'To Mega Therion' is a perfect encapsulation of what believers and non believers alike too often do with Christ. Although I understand that Warrior (and especially Von Ain) have some gripes with Christianity, this particular cover I think is really fantastic. That record is a must, it is IMO their best along with 'Monotheist'.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:25 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
The cover for 'To Mega Therion' is a perfect encapsulation of what believers and non believers alike too often do with Christ. Although I understand that Warrior (and especially Von Ain) have some gripes with Christianity, this particular cover I think is really fantastic. That record is a must, it is IMO their best along with 'Monotheist'.

I've heard good things about Into the Pandemonium, as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:40 am

Into The Pandemonium is a great record...I remember being quite amused at how many people didn't "get it" in the late 80s, but the reputation has improved over the years.

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:46 am

S.D. wrote:
Into The Pandemonium is a great record...I remember being quite amused at how many people didn't "get it" in the late 80s, but the reputation has improved over the years.

I "got it" awhile back but have lost it. I can't stomach that record anymore. It sounds too contrived......and that comment is coming from a Manowar fan. Wink
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:47 am

Maybe it's unorthodox to say I am not a fan of Manowar. I've given them a few tries and felt absolutely no need to invest in their music.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:57 pm

For Blackfoot, I really dig both Vertical Smiles and their 1987 album.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 1:06 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

I'm 100% with you on this; some of my favorite cover art is on Therion, and it should be made known that it can be interpreted any number of ways, and your's is valid. I've heard some theories flown around like the artwork was rushed and never even approved by the band, or that the man on the slingshot cross isn't supposed to be Christ but someone mentioned in the lyrics, but either way it doesn't matter; this IS the essential Frost album. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unorthodox Metal Opinions?   Unorthodox Metal Opinions? - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unorthodox Metal Opinions?
Page 24 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24