Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+52
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
deathisgain
Medieval Torture Device
Runicen
Required Fields
Thelemech
mlotek
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
Sutekh
Svengo
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
Wurthless
bgsully
bass63
MetallicSeminarian
MoonChild
RAIDwarden
Wayne
Red Kitty
Orion Crystal Ice
springozzy
SpectreFate
corplhicks
stepcousin
nevermore
Alex Dee Rokket
DevZor
brokentulsa
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
tul
Boris2008
AchrisK
choosemetal
manny
Gilbert
Lari
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
James B.
Witchfinder
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
exact33
journeyman
thejokeriv
MEGATRON
kmorg
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 10:47 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bruce Dickinson introduces Iron Maiden "Trooper" beer

Quote :
Trooper is a premium British beer created by real-ale enthusiast Bruce Dickinson along with his Maiden bandmates and handcrafted at Robinsons Brewery.

Dickinson played a major role in developing the flavour of the beer, entailing ongoing visits to Robinson’s brewery in Stockport. Trooper is said to be “a deep golden ale with a subtle hint of lemon”.

The Maiden frontman explained: “I’m a lifelong fan of traditional English ale; I thought I’d died and gone to heaven when we were asked to create our own beer. I have to say that I was very nervous – Robinsons are the only people I have had to audition for in 30 years. Their magic has been to create the alchemical wedding of flavour and texture that is Trooper. I love it.”

Oliver Robinson, managing director of Robinsons, added: “Not only do Iron Maiden genuinely enjoy a good pint of cask ale, but so do many of their fans – and they have an important part to play in our customer base. This partnership works for both of us.”

Fans of both Maiden and real ale can sign up to get news and updates on Trooper Premium British Beer from ironmaidenbeer.com, where bottles will be available to purchase by both UK and overseas customers from May 2013.
According to a co-worker I spoke to this morning, Trooper beer is now available in the US. He saw it in a store yesterday. I will be confirming this rumor later this afternoon. Cheers!! cheers 
I saw the beer on the counter top at a Payless Liquor store (about a month ago) that I frequent when I visit friends or family in Indianapolis. I'm such a wine guy these days, so I passed on it. I'm sure at some point I will give it a try...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 10:52 am

According to the original post, it was supposed to be available in the US back in May, but then it got hung-up in bureautic red-tape over importing issues. I had forgotten about it till a guy in work mentioned it this morning.

Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 10:10 am

Central Market carries it and you can even buy individual bottles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 2:47 am

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Tumblr_mwqhuaRXng1r6hn6xo1_400

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Tumblr_mu7otgS8SC1s2tkpto1_400
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 3:17 am

S.D. wrote:
The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Tumblr_mwqhuaRXng1r6hn6xo1_400

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Tumblr_mu7otgS8SC1s2tkpto1_400

Well that was random and cool.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 12:58 pm

Quote :
According to The Publican's Morning Advertiser, IRON MAIDEN's Trooper beer has sold 5 million pints since its launch in May 2013, with almost half of it brewed for the export market (Trooper is currently distributed in 40 countries).

As U.K. beer in general struggled to raise the bar, with sales dropping by nearly 5 percent last year, worldwide demand for Trooper ale has both stunned and delighted Robinsons.

Robinsons director of marketing David Bremner explains why he thinks Trooper is succeeding where others miss the mark: "Distinctiveness and authenticity is really important for us. If you look at the British beer market generally, it can be quite homogenous; although things are starting to change. Trooper has more to it than just taste it has its own unique character and personality that fans buy into, and this has been backed up by a complete marketing strategy utilizing tools such as social media to really drive interest around the brand. Trooper not only appeals to fans of IRON MAIDEN, it is appealing to a new group of customers who will try traditional British beer perhaps for the first time. On top of that, rather than appearing gimmicky, we are raising the profile of Robinsons and perhaps all traditional British brewers."

I certainly bought it just for the Maiden connection and bitchin' label. Turns out, it's also really good beer too. Bonus. It's a little pricier than the stuff I usually drink, but as long as they keep making it, I'll keep drinking it. Up the pint glasses irons!!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 11:31 am

My local distributor is selling "Christmas Packs" of Trooper beer. You get a bottle of beer, a t-shirt and pint glass, both with the label on it. Thought that was pretty cool.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 12:01 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
My local distributor is selling "Christmas Packs" of Trooper beer. You get a bottle of beer, a t-shirt and pint glass, both with the label on it. Thought that was pretty cool.

Ooh, that sounds sweet. I will have to keep my eye out for one of those.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 1:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Have you actually tried the beer yet? It's surprisingly good. I wasn't expecting much when I first heard of it, but I was willing to get it just for the bottle. It's actually good beer. So much so that I just bought another case of it for the holidays, which is why I didn't get the holiday pack. I still might pick one up though.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 2:32 pm

The beer isn't mindblowing but it is impressive, with multi-notes and the like. I'd love that gift set but I recently had to give up beer.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 3:08 pm

corplhicks wrote:
The beer isn't mindblowing but it is impressive, with multi-notes and the like. I'd love that gift set but I recently had to give up beer.

I rate beer and wine like I rate my music. I either like it or I don't. I'm not even sure what "multi-notes" means when describing beer.

Sorry you had to give up the hops. I'll gladly drink your share. drunken

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 3:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Sorry you had to give up the hops. I'll gladly drink your share. drunken

Toughest decision I think I've ever made haha. Enjoy a nightly pint on my behalf. cheers
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 6:12 pm

I liked that Trooper ale when I had over the summer. Wouldn't mind that gift pack either.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 1:52 pm

Great ale.... but I really love English Ales anyway
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 11:55 am

Trooper beer is being released in cans starting in January...

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Trooperbeercan

Meh, I'll stick with bottles.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 12:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Have you actually tried the beer yet? It's surprisingly good. I wasn't expecting much when I first heard of it, but I was willing to get it just for the bottle. It's actually good beer. So much so that I just bought another case of it for the holidays, which is why I didn't get the holiday pack. I still might pick one up though.

Yep, I've come across it twice now in the local "cool" beer store and I've enjoyed it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 12:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yep, I've come across it twice now in the local "cool" beer store and I've enjoyed it.  

Pick up a case of it last week at Total Wine
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 12:52 pm

There's a rumor of a possible tour and album in 2015.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 2:58 pm

I don't care for maiden anymore. They haven't put out a good album since brave new world.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 4:16 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I don't care for maiden anymore. They haven't put out a good album since brave new world.

You're being generous, but yeah, I'm with ya.

The shows are fun but I consider bands just nostalgia acts at that point.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 4:22 pm

choosemetal wrote:
There's a rumor of a possible tour and album in 2015.

That's the rumor........

The other "rumor" is that the album is pretty much done, written and recorded from Sept - Dec in Paris. Kevin Shirley once again producing, North America tour in Summer 2015
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 9:29 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

true. A pure nostalgia act.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 9:41 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

true. A pure nostalgia act.

Can a band that attracts as many young fans as Maiden be described as a nostalgia act? I don't think so although I think that they did their best stuff 30 years ago.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 11:20 pm

I wouldn't call a band that releases and tours new albums (playing at least 1/2 the album and in the case of A matter of Life and Death, the whole thing) a nostalgia act. Sure, they have done the "history" tours, but those have been mixed in the with new album tours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 11:22 pm

They aren't a nostalgia act, but some of their older fan base sure are closed-minded about anything after the 1980s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next