Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+52
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
deathisgain
Medieval Torture Device
Runicen
Required Fields
Thelemech
mlotek
Eyesore
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
Sutekh
Svengo
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
Wurthless
bgsully
bass63
MetallicSeminarian
MoonChild
RAIDwarden
Wayne
Red Kitty
Orion Crystal Ice
springozzy
SpectreFate
corplhicks
stepcousin
nevermore
Alex Dee Rokket
DevZor
brokentulsa
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
tul
Boris2008
AchrisK
choosemetal
manny
Gilbert
Lari
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
James B.
Witchfinder
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
exact33
journeyman
thejokeriv
MEGATRON
kmorg
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:29 pm

I'm one of the few that likes No Prayer For The Dying.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:35 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Great Album     headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:53 pm

It's not a bad album, they never really made a bad album in my book, but it's not near the top of their catalog. And Bring Your Daughter makes me cringe.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:58 pm

Iron Maiden=musical awesomeness. That's all anyone needs to know.

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:58 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
but it's not near the top of their catalog. And Bring Your Daughter makes me cringe.

That song was my 'That's it! I'm done with Maiden!' song and I never really have gone back to them.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:07 pm

I like No Prayer as well but of the 2 latter day Bruce albums before his departure, I prefer Fear Of The Dark.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:32 pm

Wurthless wrote:
I guess I'm in the minority... I quite enjoy No Prayer and The X Factor.

The only Maiden I truly don't like is Virtual XI. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I enjoy no prayer also I'm not the biggest fan of X factor or Virtual XI
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 4:46 pm

I "tried" to get into The Final Frontier again, today. But my bad, I played the album AFTER playing Piece of Mind, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son and Powerslave. I shouldn't have done that, I still cannot get into the last Maiden album. I guess I shall give up on this for good.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 5:00 pm

MoonChild wrote:
I "tried" to get into The Final Frontier again, today. But my bad, I played the album AFTER playing Piece of Mind, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son and Powerslave. I shouldn't have done that, I still cannot get into the last Maiden album. I guess I shall give up on this for good.
It happens. I can safely say I enjoy all Maiden albums except for the Blaze-era. No Prayer took me a while, but I've become a fan of that one, as well. (Though it is easily the weakest Bruce album, except for the awesome "Tailgunner.") Fear of the Dark rules, though, with the exception of one or two songs.

IMHO, "Isle of Avalon" is the best track on TFF. What a chorus!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 9:45 pm

Why does the title of this thread have so many exclamation marks? Is it to highlight the unusual and slightly shocking spectacle of an Iron Maiden thread on a Heavy Metal forum?

In other news I've been spinning Brave New World a few times recently and I think that I like it! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 10:49 pm

I liked The Final Frontier right away (aside from Coming Home which I always skip). It's a tad too long overall and a couple of the songs can be improved by removing the extended introductions. But still, an enjoyable listen and I think a few of these tracks like Isle of Avalon, Starblind and When The Wild Wind Blows are among the best songs they've done in the Bruce-reunion era.

I even like the songs well enough to ignore the incredibly flat and boring mix Kevin Shirley gave it.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 2:03 am

Quote :
I like about 1/2 of this album, and I love Bring Your Daughter, Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter!
headbanger

The Final Frontier is pretty good, but not an all-timer for me.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 7:48 pm

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 20130910

Saw Maiden last night with my sons. Awesome show!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 10:42 pm

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 8:07 pm

Went to the 09/05 show in Nashville and it was only the second time I'd seen them and funny enough the previous time was in '88 on the Seventh Son tour and of course that's the album they're focusing on this tour.

I have to say even though I really like 'em I wouldn't say I'm the biggest IM fan in the world but as soon as they appeared on stage I had the goofiest grin on my face and didn't stop smiling the whole evening. Smile

Here's a quick clip:
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 9:16 pm

Svengo wrote:
as soon as they appeared on stage I had the goofiest grin on my face and didn't stop smiling the whole evening.
They had the same affect on me! Haha
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 6:18 pm

bgsully wrote:
The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 20130910

Saw Maiden last night with my sons. Awesome show!
I was there. They killed live  headbanger
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 8:07 pm

Just about to head off on latest Maiden adventure - flight leaves in less than 1 hour for Vegas! Then the battle of San Bernardino the next day!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 8:20 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Just about to head off on latest Maiden adventure - flight leaves in less than 1 hour for Vegas! Then the battle of San Bernardino the next day!
Wish I could join you for the San Bernardino gig. Oh well, hopefully we'll be able to meet up for another L.A. show at some point.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 8:38 pm

S.D. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Wish I could join you for the San Bernardino gig.  Oh well, hopefully we'll be able to meet up for another L.A. show at some point.  
One of these days it will happen!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 7:22 pm

FYI - the Maiden show at Rock In Rio will be streaming live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEEcvj6X_h4

Maiden is on at 11:05EDT - it's already up and showing the opening acts
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 6:56 pm

So next year Maiden is supposed to go into the studio to record a new record. Do you think there going to go in a more progressive area like they did with Final Frontier? Because some of the songs that were like that like Starblind I didn't really like. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 7:35 pm

choosemetal wrote:
So next year Maiden is supposed to go into the studio to record a new record. Do you think there going to go in a more progressive area like they did with Final Frontier? Because some of the songs that were like that like Starblind I didn't really like. What do you guys think?
I hope so, the progressive-leaning material like Starblind and Isle of Avalon are the reason I liked the album so much.  

There are very few bands that I listened to in the 80s that I still follow now, Iron Maiden is one of the exceptions because they've continued to evolve their sound and luckily they've expanded into areas that more closely align with the type of music I want to listen to now.

Last edited by S.D. on Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 11:05 pm

I thought Starblind was great, and an impressive step into a new 'frontier' for them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 11:15 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bruce Dickinson introduces Iron Maiden "Trooper" beer

Quote :
Trooper is a premium British beer created by real-ale enthusiast Bruce Dickinson along with his Maiden bandmates and handcrafted at Robinsons Brewery.

Dickinson played a major role in developing the flavour of the beer, entailing ongoing visits to Robinson’s brewery in Stockport. Trooper is said to be “a deep golden ale with a subtle hint of lemon”.

The Maiden frontman explained: “I’m a lifelong fan of traditional English ale; I thought I’d died and gone to heaven when we were asked to create our own beer. I have to say that I was very nervous – Robinsons are the only people I have had to audition for in 30 years. Their magic has been to create the alchemical wedding of flavour and texture that is Trooper. I love it.”

Oliver Robinson, managing director of Robinsons, added: “Not only do Iron Maiden genuinely enjoy a good pint of cask ale, but so do many of their fans – and they have an important part to play in our customer base. This partnership works for both of us.”

Fans of both Maiden and real ale can sign up to get news and updates on Trooper Premium British Beer from ironmaidenbeer.com, where bottles will be available to purchase by both UK and overseas customers from May 2013.
According to a co-worker I spoke to this morning, Trooper beer is now available in the US. He saw it in a store yesterday. I will be confirming this rumor later this afternoon. Cheers!! cheers 

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next