Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Megadeth in June of '13

Go down 
+50
A Handful of Wayne
JBall_Z
BearOnUnicycle
Alex Dee Rokket
BillRoxx
Vexer6
bgsully
chilejay7
shamgar75
jstate
akeldama
Temple of Blood
Storm_Rider89
Lurideath
Required Fields
Tur-Thalion
corplhicks
Shawn Of Fire
MetallicSeminarian
manny
Wayne
Grimmo
Hadley
Eyesore
journeyman
EmoElmo
Chrome Locust
choosemetal
thejokeriv
DevZor
Gilbert
ZombieHavoc
Metal Misfit
MoonChild
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
ultmetal
DallasBlack
adrian
Boris2008
Addy
exact33
kmorg
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
Dark Horseman
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 3:29 am

corplhicks wrote:
James B. wrote:
I recall Van Halen putting "Tattoo" out in front of "A Different Kind Of Truth" and just about everybody was like, don\'t know

.....and the rest of the album was not only better, it was different.

Like I've already said, the title track isn't bad and my basis for liking this new Megadeth album is not gonna be on the merits of the first tune thrown over the fence.

Okay, this is a very good point. Same here, Tattoo AND You and Your Blues were the first two songs our station debuted, and I was mortified. Also, the album title choice was horrendous, the cover art was generic...I was just expecting the worst. Turned out to be a dream come true. That said, perhaps waiting for Super Collider in full before generating an opinion is the best idea.

Naw. It's gonna suck New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 754598 Wink

Eh, you don't like Symphony X. What the hell do you know? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 7:56 am

Pre-orderd my copy today. Looking forward to it !
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:25 am

DallasBlack wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
James B. wrote:
I recall Van Halen putting "Tattoo" out in front of "A Different Kind Of Truth" and just about everybody was like, don\'t know

.....and the rest of the album was not only better, it was different.

Like I've already said, the title track isn't bad and my basis for liking this new Megadeth album is not gonna be on the merits of the first tune thrown over the fence.

Okay, this is a very good point. Same here, Tattoo AND You and Your Blues were the first two songs our station debuted, and I was mortified. Also, the album title choice was horrendous, the cover art was generic...I was just expecting the worst. Turned out to be a dream come true. That said, perhaps waiting for Super Collider in full before generating an opinion is the best idea.

Naw. It's gonna suck New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 754598 Wink

Eh, you don't like Symphony X. What the hell do you know? Razz

But I like Slipknot! Surely...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:36 pm

DevZor wrote:
No kidding... I just did a side by side comparison of "don't run your back" and "one for all"...

The resemblance is sure striking. By the by, that's one of my favorite ultimatum songs. I think I'm just gonna let "into the pit" play thru now as I finish my last hour of back breaking pain in th ass work. It will make things better headbanger

headbanger

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 7:07 pm

Did anybody see the Gigantour lineup?

Megadeth
Hellyeah
Newstead
Device
Death Division

So that totally sucks.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 7:11 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

Megadeth
Hellyeah
Newstead
Device
Death Division

So that totally sucks.

I might be seriously out of the loop, but the only two on that list I've heard of are Megadeth and Newstead, and the only one I've listened to is Megadeth.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 7:15 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Megadeth
Hellyeah
Newstead
Device
Death Division

So that totally sucks.

I might be seriously out of the loop, but the only two on that list I've heard of are Megadeth and Newstead, and the only one I've listened to is Megadeth.

I have never heard of Device or Death Division.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 7:29 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

Megadeth
Hellyeah
Newstead
Device
Death Division

So that totally sucks.

I don't understand; why does it suck? Three out of five ain't bad. Or, two and a half out of five.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:43 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Megadeth
Hellyeah
Newstead
Device
Death Division

So that totally sucks.

I don't understand; why does it suck? Three out of five ain't bad. Or, two and a half out of five.

It sucks because that lineup is terrible.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:14 pm

True. There's no Nevermore or Fear Factory on the list, sad. Or a single old-school thrash band. At least there's no Dream Theater!
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:14 pm

Quote :
At least there's no Dream Theater!

You take that back you vondruke!!!! angry

By the by, that gigantour package was awesome. I caught the show in Edmonton. The show right after dream theater was done with there stint on the tour... At the very least I could be consoled with the recently united belladonna anthrax's first show back. That was cool but I was still disappointed, as DT was my absolute favorite band a the time. But the whole show slayed! The system has failed material was killer! To this day I can't understand how blackmail the universe and kick the chair aren't live staples. I think they are the best heavy most crunchtastic songs Dave's ever kicked out.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:27 pm

DevZor wrote:
Quote :
At least there's no Dream Theater!

You take that back you vondruke!!!! angry

By the by, that gigantour package was awesome. I caught the show in Edmonton. The show right after dream theater was done with there stint on the tour... At the very least I could be consoled with the recently united belladonna anthrax's first show back. That was cool but I was still disappointed, as DT was my absolute favorite band a the time. But the whole show slayed! The system has failed material was killer! To this day I can't understand how blackmail the universe and kick the chair aren't live staples. I think they are the best heavy most crunchtastic songs Dave's ever kicked out.

I love DT; they're the reason my wife and I found each other (awwwwwww). But the pairing with Nevermore, Fear Factory, and Megadeth was a bit too much contrast (Symphony X kiiiiinda made sense). I saw the first show here in Fresno and it was a mess; people were getting bored with DT and pulling stupid stunts in the crowd, getting obnoxious, and the sound was horrible (Selland Area, to be fair, is not known for its acoustics), and Dave somehow lost his voice that night so the vocals weren't even present. To top it off, they ran too long so they had to cut it off early. But hey, it was the first show. Went down pretty bad in Fresno; rumor has it that's the reason we haven't seen any big names or fests since (other than Slipknot).
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:48 am

Yeah I could see it being a mismatch. Oh well it worked out for the best since I did get to see anthrax. I've seen dt twice since, on the first prognation tour they did and supporting a dramatic turn of events. No antics in the crowd as most people present at those shows were pretty well there FOR DT and not expecting a night full of speed and aggression.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 1:05 am

Fresno's a bonehead city where the few circles of guys that are into metal are all about anger, scene, douche, and pain. You know those mosh pits where a bunch of kids are marching around with this exaggerated stomp and then freak out with this annoying elbow swing, much like the VANS Warped Tours? That, except they always get in fights with someone in the crowd. It's hostile and stupid. As much as I love Pantera, this is why they were the BIGGEST band around here. That's why our Gigantour was horrible, as well as the Slipknot gig years later. Lit cigarette butts were actually being thrown on the stage. I can't blame bands for not coming back. Megadeth certainly deserved a lot better.

However, I loved the first VH reunion here because the crowd was made up of 50-somethings with stiff knees, drinking beer and passing weed. F*ck yeah those were good men.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Megadeth-Kingmaker   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:22 pm

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:30 pm

I like it headbanger

I pick up a slight Sabbath vibe, please notice it says "slight" (the opening riff, the vocal melody in the verses, and the lil guitar thing at the end of the verses)

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:34 pm

Really good song, and Dave keeps his voice under control.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:39 pm

This. Is. More. Like it. Sweet riffage; now I'm excited for this album! And James you're right it's very Children of the Grave in the verse, like an homage or steal (I prefer homage; this is too good a song).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Oooh yeah, that's the kinda sugar Papa likes! headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 1:22 pm

A lot better than the other one. Still doesn't make me think that it will be any better than the last record which was just okay.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 1:26 pm

James B. wrote:
(the opening riff, the vocal melody in the verses, and the lil guitar thing at the end of the verses)
That's not slight! Haha. It does have a very "Children of the Grave" vibe to it, though.

Really good tune. Way better than the previous songs released.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 1:52 pm

I merged the "Kingmaker" thread together with this already existing one for the album.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 2:31 pm

Much better! Mustaine should have released this track first
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 5:53 pm

Ah the merge...I saw it coming yet 5000 Queensryche threads roaming free...
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 6:28 pm

akeldama wrote:

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Megadeth in June of '13
Page 11 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next