Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Megadeth in June of '13

Go down 
+50
A Handful of Wayne
JBall_Z
BearOnUnicycle
Alex Dee Rokket
BillRoxx
Vexer6
bgsully
chilejay7
shamgar75
jstate
akeldama
Temple of Blood
Storm_Rider89
Lurideath
Required Fields
Tur-Thalion
corplhicks
Shawn Of Fire
MetallicSeminarian
manny
Wayne
Grimmo
Hadley
Eyesore
journeyman
EmoElmo
Chrome Locust
choosemetal
thejokeriv
DevZor
Gilbert
ZombieHavoc
Metal Misfit
MoonChild
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
ultmetal
DallasBlack
adrian
Boris2008
Addy
exact33
kmorg
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
Dark Horseman
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
54 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

New Megadeth in June of '13 Empty
PostSubject: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:15 pm

Found this little tidbit buried in an announcement of a Megadeth U.K. tour on their Facebook page... if there was any kind of official statement about it earlier, I must've missed it.

Currently working in their studio in San Diego on their 14th studio album titled Super Collider, Mustaine, along with bassist Dave Ellefson, drummer Shawn Drover and guitarist Chris Broderick, are looking forward to its release in June 2013.

Megadeth’s Super Collider is the first release through Mustaine’s new label, Tradecraft, through UMe.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:19 pm

That's more info than I've read. I saw a little blurb somewhere that said they were in the studio, but no title or dates of release were mentioned.

Super-duper. Bring it on!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:20 pm

Hell, with that kind of promotion, Dave should have just stuck with RoadRunner.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:35 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Shhhhh! The new album is a secret. He's trying to get it out before the release of GEOFF TATE'S MEGADETH.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:44 pm

First day buy.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:47 pm

MegaTate, featuring former members of Queensryche, Metallica, Nevermore and Eidolon

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 3:06 pm

I'd be interested in something like that until I find out it's the Geoff involved.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 3:53 pm

I expect this one will 'go back to the roots of the band while keeping an eye on the present', and be 'easily the best one since 'Rust in Peace'.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:34 pm

James B. wrote:
MegaTate, featuring former members of Queensryche, Metallica, Nevermore and Eidolon

And I did lol!

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 5:00 pm

OCI, are you their marketing agent? lol!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 7:08 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
First day buy.

yep. I enjoyed Thirteen a lot so this is a must have.

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 8:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Shhhhh! The new album is a secret. He's trying to get it out before the release of GEOFF TATE'S MEGADETH.
Laughing very hard

I have both Megadeth and Mustaine pages, its no secret theres an album in the works but nothing bout a name or a release date but considering the recording is done Im not surprised

I am so looking forward to this headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 8:15 pm

You have to admire Dave's work rate. No five or six years between records for Megadeth.

Does anyone know who's producing? I like 13 but also hope that they go back to Andy Sneap.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 10:26 pm

Can't wait
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 11:43 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

Does anyone know who's producing? I like 13 but also hope that they go back to Andy Sneap.

Same guy who produced Th1rt3en... Johnny K.

Looks like the official announcement came this afternoon sometime:

MEGADETH has set "Super Collider" as the title of its new album, due this June via MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine's new label, Tradecraft, which is distributed by Universal.

"It was a real thrill for us to learn there was an opportunity to join Universal," said Mustaine. "It seems like every time you see a great band or music video, it comes from a Universal label.

"Being with Universal is by far the most exciting and prestigious home for MEGADETH ever! We are electrified with what the future holds and the possibilities such a powerhouse like Universal will bring for us all.

"We have worked with some great people over the years, and it is amazing to see so many of them on the Universal team for our new record, 'Super Collider'.

"If MEGADETH being here isn't satiating enough, having Tradecraft as my own label is going to be really amazing for metal bands around the world."

"Super Collider" is being recorded at Mustaine's Vic's Garage studio in San Marcos, California and is MEGADETH's first release its recent split with Roadrunner Records.

"Shawn [Drover, drums], Chris [Broderick, guitar] and David [Ellefson, bass] have all been feverishly contributing some great music and I believe we are doing our best work ever together in the studio right now," Mustaine said.

Speaking to Full Metal Jackie at last month's NAMM (National Association Of Music Merchants) show in Anaheim, California, Mustaine stated about the direction of the band's new material: "[MEGADETH bassist] David Ellefson is one of those guys that's kind of the barometer of the band. You ask me, you never really know what you're gonna get, but when you ask David Ellefson, it's kind of like reading the ingredients on the back of something, 'cause he's such a straight shooter. He told some people the other day that this is music that's really similar to [MEGADETH's 1985 debut album] 'Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good!', some of the stuff — really dark, really heavy and fast stuff. I mean, I don't thnk it's really as fast and heavy as 'Killing' is, to me, but Junior is a great, like I said, barometer — bad word, but he knows what's going on."

On the topic of MEGADETH's current label situation, Mustaine said: "We have a new label. We left Roadrunner; we completed our contract with them, which not a lot of many metal bands have the luxury to have been able to complete contracts. They usually either break up or quit or give up and stuff like that, but we were honorable and finished our contract with them and we moved on. And we've actually got a fantastic relationship with a brand new label. We have eleven songs already recorded. We wanna give them thirteen, 'cause, you know, the B-sides and Japanese releases and all that kind of crazy stuff."

In a January 24 post on his Facebook page, Ellefson wrote about the recording process for MEGADETH's new album: "Having a great week here at Vic's Garage laying down bass on the new songs. Really some great, great songs taking shape at this point in the recording process. I told Dave [Mustaine] today that one of them totally reminded me of the earliest stuff back when we first met. Fast, ripppin' and fully bringing the REAL old-school MEGADETH sound!!!"

Johnny K produced MEGADETH's last album, 2011's "TH1RT3EN", which was also recorded at Vic's Garage.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:07 am

exact33 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
First day buy.

yep. I enjoyed Thirteen a lot so this is a must have.

Yuppers!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 10:20 am

Yes, received the official announcement in my email last night.

Quote :
METAL GODS MEGADETH NEW ALBUM 'SUPER COLLIDER' SET FOR RELEASE JUNE 2013

Dave Mustaine brings legendary thrash-metal pioneers to his own label with Universal for first time, uniting with his multi-platinum Capitol/EMI catalog

With worldwide sales of more than 30 million, and a seat at the top of the headbanging pantheon. Megadeth is a force -Billboard

LOS ANGELES, Feb. 12, 2013 -For a heavy metal band that's been around for nearly three decades, selling more than 38 million albums worldwide, earning numerous accolades including 11 Grammy® nominations, scoring five consecutive platinum albums-including 1992's two-million-selling Countdown to Extinction -Megadeth's founder, leader and primal guitar-slinger and lyricist Dave Mustaine feels the best is yet to come, especially after signing an exclusive worldwide deal with Universal Music Enterprises.

Currently working in their studio in San Diego on their 14th studio album titled Super Collider, Mustaine, along with bassist Dave Ellefson, drummer Shawn Drover and guitarist Chris Broderick, are looking forward to its release in June 2013

Megadeth's Super Collider is the first release through Mustaine's new label, Tradecraft, through UMe.

"It was a real thrill for us to learn there was an opportunity to join Universal," said Mustaine during a break in the sessions. "It seems like every time you see a great band or music video, it comes from the Universal label. Being with Universal is by far the most exciting and prestigious home for Megadeth ever! We are electrified with what the future holds and the possibilities such a powerhouse like Uni will bring for us all. We have worked with some great people over the years, and it is amazing to see so many of them on the Universal team for our new record, Super Collider. If Megadeth being here isn't satiating enough, having Tradecraft as my own label is going to be really amazing for metal bands around the world."

With a newfound energy with the band, Mustaine is raring to go, preparing for his latest tour, marking the 20th anniversary of their best-selling Countdown to Extinction album. Mustaine added, "Shawn, Chris and David have all been feverishly contributing some great music and I believe we are doing our best work ever together in the studio right now!"

"Megadeth is not just one of the most successful metal bands, but one of the most influential rock bands of the past 30 years," said UMe President/CEO Bruce Resnikoff in making the announcement. "They continue to be a huge draw on the road with their longtime fans as well as continually adding new fans. I look forward to working together with them."

Mustaine formed Megadeth in Los Angeles in 1983, and with a string of five consecutive platinum and multi-platinum albums Megadeth became one of the biggest bands of the mid-'80s and '90s, boasting such arena anthems as "Symphony of Destruction," "Peace Sells, But Who's Buying," "Holy Wars," and "Sweating Bullets," along with the top singles in 1997/98 off Cryptic Writings, "Trust," (No. 1 track) "Almost Honest," "Use The Man" and "A Secret Place."

With the recent acquisition of EMI, UMe now brings together Megadeth's classic, 14-year, seven-album Capitol catalog, which includes one multi-platinum release ('92's Countdown to Extinction), four platinum records ('86's Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?; '88's So Far, So Good... So What?; '90's Rust in Peace; '94's Youthanasia), and one gold ('97's Cryptic Writings). In all, the band has scored five Top 10 albums (including 2007's United Abominations and 2009's Endgame) and two Top 5 releases, with 2011‚s TH1RT3EN debuting at No.11 on the Billboard Top 200 and No.1 on the Billboard Hard Rock Albums chart.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:58 am

If he keeps the political "lectures" to a minimum, I might actually buy this one.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 6:34 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
If he keeps the political "lectures" to a minimum, I might actually buy this one.

I honestly don't care about his views, he's as entitled to them as anyone else even though I'm a million miles away from a lot of his stuff. 'Washington Is Next' is probably my favorite 'Modern Megadeth' song and that has crazy lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 7:16 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

I honestly don't care about his views, he's as entitled to them as anyone else

Same here. As long as the music is good, I'm cool with it. Thirteen was really good so I'm looking forward to this one.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 8:41 pm

I cant wait for new Megadeth I loved 13

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 10:37 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

I honestly don't care about his views, he's as entitled to them as anyone else even though I'm a million miles away from a lot of his stuff. 'Washington Is Next' is probably my favorite 'Modern Megadeth' song and that has crazy lyrics.

Dave's become increasingly Froot Loopy with his political rants over the past couple of albums (I think he's been drinkin' too much of the Kool-Aid at Alex Jones' house) but as long as it keeps him angry, I'm fine with it. When Dave Mustaine is angry, he makes cool speed metal records. When he was happy, he was making middle of the road crap like Cryptic Writings.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:47 pm

I hope it's better than Thirteen. That was the very definition of a rushed and lazy album.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:47 am

Witchfinder wrote:
I hope it's better than Thirteen. That was the very definition of a rushed and lazy album.

Boring songs, horrendous mix. I'm sure the engineer said "let's take the weakest element of the band (Dave's voice) and put it as loud in the mix as possible, let's drown out the guitars!"

Razz
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:57 am

S.D. wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Boring songs, horrendous mix. I'm sure the engineer said "let's take the weakest element of the band (Dave's voice) and put it as loud in the mix as possible, let's drown out the guitars!"

Razz

Yep. It's also not a good sign when 4 of the 13 tracks were just re-recordings of previously released material.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Megadeth in June of '13
Page 1 of 21Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next