Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Megadeth in June of '13

Go down 
+50
A Handful of Wayne
JBall_Z
BearOnUnicycle
Alex Dee Rokket
BillRoxx
Vexer6
bgsully
chilejay7
shamgar75
jstate
akeldama
Temple of Blood
Storm_Rider89
Lurideath
Required Fields
Tur-Thalion
corplhicks
Shawn Of Fire
MetallicSeminarian
manny
Wayne
Grimmo
Hadley
Eyesore
journeyman
EmoElmo
Chrome Locust
choosemetal
thejokeriv
DevZor
Gilbert
ZombieHavoc
Metal Misfit
MoonChild
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
ultmetal
DallasBlack
adrian
Boris2008
Addy
exact33
kmorg
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
Dark Horseman
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21
AuthorMessage
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 12:41 am

After the first couple of spins I am loving this album, musically and lyrically. It is fantastic and IMO a lot better than 13.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 11:21 pm

After seeing them in concert, I bought the CD and like it more and more with each spin. Cold Sweat threw me for a loop, I knew it sounded so darn familiar and yet couldn't place it. Once I looked at the booklet I was like "duh". Built for war is classic Mustaine lyrical musing and hooks in your head. I've been reciting that line over and over in my head and out loud "Built for war, what do you think your fists are for, built for war". I was a little surprised at how much I liked the cd.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 3:07 am

I enjoyed this for a few spins, but its starting to wear on me, really.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 4:05 am

Pretty good album, but not quite up to par with Endgame, Thirteen or United Abominations. Musically it's impressive but some of the lyrics are just bizarre and all over the place, like "Dance In The Rain", one minute it's about the dreariness of working 9 to 5, then it switches to being government corruption, it just dosen't transition well and it sounds akward, same with "Beginning Of Sorrow" I coudn't tell whether it was anti-abortion, pro-abortion, or somewhere in between. I'm not necessarily put off by the political tone of the lyrics, IMO some of them just aren't very well-written and are difficult to make sense of at times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Megadeth in June of '13
Page 21 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21