Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sooooo, Black Metal...

Go down 
+43
TheUnborn
Headbanger Man
Citanul
the joker
ZombieHavoc
Eyesore
nevermore
Short-Fuse
choosemetal
Icy Grave
mlotek
Gilbert
DakotaRogers
exanimate
mr.electric39
krokus
manny
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
jstate
Joe
James B.
SpectreFate
Witchfinder
Temple of Blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
SAHB Healer
Lari
thejokeriv
Wurthless
Sword Of The Heretic
metalhead777
Orion Crystal Ice
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
Boris2008
mc666
Leatherface
T-Roy
Shawn Of Fire
ultmetal
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 2:10 am

Myrkur is not black metal.
Too many bands now claiming to be black metal, but are weak. It has nothing to do with black metal.
it sounds exactly like alt rock/ dream pop / shoe gaze I heard in the late 1980s, early 1990s.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 11:17 am

You guys heard of Panopticon's Kentucky album? Instead of European folk music influencing their sound (like Ulver, etc.), it takes bluegrass and american folk instrumentation and mixes it with an atmospheric black metal sound, ala Wolves in the Throne Room. I think it's really interesting.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 1:41 pm

Wurthless wrote:
You guys heard of Panopticon's Kentucky album? Instead of European folk music influencing their sound (like Ulver, etc.), it takes bluegrass and american folk instrumentation and mixes it with an atmospheric black metal sound, ala Wolves in the Throne Room. I think it's really interesting.

This is an incredible album! The new album "Autumn Eternal" came out last Friday.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 3:11 pm

mlotek wrote:
Too many bands now claiming to be black metal, but are weak. It has nothing to do with black metal.
it sounds exactly like alt rock/ dream pop / shoe gaze I heard in the late 1980s, early 1990s.

Members of Ulver & Mayhem involved but no, not black metal.   Rolling Eyes

I can't be bothered micro-classifying every band that I might want to post so in here goes all kinds of stuff that only loosely falls into the BM category.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 3:25 pm

Wurthless wrote:

Big fan of Austin Lunn and this is a great record. He was also on the Saor album which I loved.

His new record is much less bluegrass and more post rock based but still amazing.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 3:32 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

Big fan of Austin Lunn and this is a great record. He was also on the Saor album which I loved.

His new record is much less bluegrass and more post rock based but still amazing.

I'll have to check that out then. I'm a fairly casual fan of post-rock, but what I know, I love.

And I didn't even know Panopticon was releasing a new album, I'll have to add it to the list too!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 7:44 pm

Slechtvalk

Naglfar

Grave Declaration

Absu

These bands are hitting the spot right now. But, Slechtvalk is so hard to get a hold of. I guess they didn't print very many cds?

I like it when the bands are fast(er).

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 9:05 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Slechtvalk

Naglfar

Grave Declaration

Absu

These bands are hitting the spot right now. But, Slechtvalk is so hard to get a hold of. I guess they didn't print very many cds?

I like it when the bands are fast(er).

Try

Murg
Der Weg Einer Freiheit 
Ninkharsag
Sargeist
Antlers 

Unrelenting speed doesn't really do it for me but these are all undoubtedly fast, but will mix in some mid tempo passages.

And after listening to Slechtvalk I will also recommend Gallowbraid and Caladan Brood who are both more in the Viking style  Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 395375
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 2:46 am

Boris2008 wrote:
mlotek wrote:

I can't be bothered micro-classifying every band that I might want to post so in here goes all kinds of stuff that only loosely falls into the BM category.

I am NOT surprised by the backlash by fans of real black metal against her ..and now she now claims death threats on her facebook account...anything is possible, but it feels like a publicity stunt.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 5:33 am

mlotek wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
mlotek wrote:

I am NOT surprised by the backlash by fans of real black metal against her ..and now she now claims death threats on her facebook account...anything is possible, but it feels like a publicity stunt.

After listening to the record properly it isn't great but I still don't understand the attitude. The thing that just makes me lose any respect for these trve kvlt morons is the fact that they will tell you that BM is about being an individual and not following the herd etc.. blah blah blah! And then they will literally rip apart anything that deviates (even slightly) from the strict rules of what BM should be (in their eyes)

So tell me, what is real black metal?
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 3:12 pm

I have been listening to a lot of Darkthrone and some Immortal lately and I am loving both bands, although the image that Immortal project may qualify them as the Manowar of Black Metal Razz
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 3:51 pm

Thelemech wrote:
although the image that Immortal project may qualify them as the Manowar of Black Metal Razz

There are probably more Immortal memes than Manowar ones. This is my favorite

Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 152f8ea

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 3:03 pm

Debut release from Saor's evil twin Fuath (both bands are Scotsman Andy Marshall)

In Gaelic saor means free, fuath means hate. This pretty much sums up where Andy is going with his projects but both have an amazing use of melody.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 4:16 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Thelemech wrote:
although the image that Immortal project may qualify them as the Manowar of Black Metal Razz

There are probably more Immortal memes than Manowar ones. This is my favorite

Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 152f8ea

Laughing very hard

lol! hilarious!!!!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 1:01 pm

Citanul wrote:
I don't actually like black metal, so I've got no way of judging whether these songs are any good or not, but I thought I'd be patriotic and post a couple of South African bands.

It's taken me a year to realise it but Wildernessking are in fact really really good! Their album Mystical Future is great.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 11:44 am

Agalloch are no more!

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 1:29 pm

New Darkthrone!! Very Happy err.....I mean tr00

Strong Celtic Frost vibe but I dig it a lot.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 5:01 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

YES!!
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 5:02 pm

Not really black metal but definitely a black metal influence there..

Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 5:40 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

This is great, always in the mood for new Darkthrone!!
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 7:55 pm

i've never actually listened to darkthrone extensively, but that new track sounds really cool.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 1:22 pm

I'm digging the new Darkthrone track.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 4:00 pm

Seeing as I finally dug this thread up, here's my black metal album of the year no doubt

Brilliant comeback from Coldworld and the best I've heard in 2016 (although with new records from Darkthrone, Saor, Gallowbraid & Alcest on the way,I think this will have competition)
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 10:16 pm

I love this band to a ridiculous degree
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 1:32 pm

This album sounds beyond awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sooooo, Black Metal...
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8