Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sooooo, Black Metal...

Go down 
+43
TheUnborn
Headbanger Man
Citanul
the joker
ZombieHavoc
Eyesore
nevermore
Short-Fuse
choosemetal
Icy Grave
mlotek
Gilbert
DakotaRogers
exanimate
mr.electric39
krokus
manny
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
jstate
Joe
James B.
SpectreFate
Witchfinder
Temple of Blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
SAHB Healer
Lari
thejokeriv
Wurthless
Sword Of The Heretic
metalhead777
Orion Crystal Ice
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
Boris2008
mc666
Leatherface
T-Roy
Shawn Of Fire
ultmetal
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 8:58 am

and while we're here and before people start posting pictures of Living Colour & Black Death Uhhgen!

This is a great record too, seriously great, there is still the BM meets bluegrass sound on the record but a lot more experimentation

This is sounding great too, the new Dark Fortress

Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 5:39 pm

Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 1:36 pm

Got this from Bandcamp for $3. Well worth it
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 1:35 pm

Norway is where most, if not all, of the elitists and "kvlt" and "tr00" fans came from and where a majority of all the most controversial bands within the black metal genre came from. wrote:

No its not, that is just where it got the most publicity. The same shit was happening everywhere. Germany, Finland, Sweden, etc. Maybe not exactly at the same time but damn close.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 4:21 pm

South Americans were going insane with black metal in the mid-1980s. Even Sepultura's debut could be considered a part of the first wave.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 6:45 pm

Deafheaven is really looking to outdo themselves. They've let a lot more black metal influence seep in while keeping a hold on the shoegaze/alt-rock influences that set them apart.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 8:59 pm

Deafheaven concert review by old timer of the Bay Area scene
http://haggisbuffet.blogspot.ca/2014/07/the-hype.html
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 3:06 am

mlotek wrote:
Deafheaven concert review by old timer of the Bay Area scene
http://haggisbuffet.blogspot.ca/2014/07/the-hype.html

I don't know why he bothered frankly! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 1:41 pm

I forgot where I even first found this, but it's really, REALLY good post-rock/black metal.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 2:55 am

Icy Grave wrote:
I forgot where I even first found this, but it's really, REALLY good post-rock/black metal.

Listening on Bandcamp now, really good stuff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 8:06 am

Not strictly black metal any more but there won't be enough interest on here to warrant their own thread and this has to be heard. New Primordial!!

This is going to kick ass headbanger tr00

Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 7:45 pm

I've seen Primordial live back in the late 90s in London. I forget who it was support to. Their vocal style was the one thing that put me off. I got a copy of the Blood Revolt album a few months ago, this album has totally done me in. For some reason, I find it a very difficult listen purely down to the vocals!

Currently playing this (limited to 100 copies on tape).
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 6:52 pm

I've just been digging through my Black Metal cassette box. I have just found this gem. Not a million miles away from the sound Burzum could have turned out like:
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 11:05 am

I want this CD!!

Unfortunately for me, they are Chinese and as far as i know the CD is only available there. I've been to the record label website and it's for sale but I really can't navigate the site as it's all in Chinese!!

Normally if i'm buying from Germany, Italy, France or the U.S I can make out a few recognisable words to get me by, but with this I have no chance!
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 11:50 am

I'm not sure if this would work, but I found this email address for them (or it looks like them). They might be arrange something through it asthenic_therapia@live.com - alternatively, try making a comment on the YouTube page this is from, sometimes it works out.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 4:01 pm

not a big fan, due to the vocals and lyrics.

I have a question: is there any black metal with clear vocals?
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 1:01 pm

That's a very good question. Personally, this wouldn't work, but I'm more than happy to accept that I might need to broaden my horizon with this style of music. I'm know that some of albums mix the two styles, Agalloch are a band I'm not too familiar with but believe some of their albums have a lot of clean vocals.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 6:09 pm

Dr8breed74 wrote:
That's a very good question.  Personally, this wouldn't work, but I'm more than happy to accept that I might need to broaden my horizon with this style of music.  I'm know that some of albums mix the two styles, Agalloch are a band I'm not too familiar with but believe some of their albums have a lot of clean vocals.

Yeah there are quite a few that I can think of but they are bands like Agalloch, earlyish Alcest or Germ that stretch people's concept of what black metal is.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 8:44 pm

More greatness from China!

Thankfully these guys have signed to Northern Silence so it will be easy to get this record early next year Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 7:49 pm

What about Wolves In The Throne Room, personally, I think they're great! Two Hunters is up there as a classic BM release.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 4:17 am

Dr8breed74 wrote:
What about Wolves In The Throne Room, personally, I think they're great!  Two Hunters is up there as a classic BM release.

Wolves in the Throne Room are great. A bit of a sharp left turn with Celestite but I even dig that.
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 5:31 pm

I felt the same thing. It was a very good album, just didn't quite expect it. Something tells me that this band are going to be around for a long time to come (if for extended breaks).
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 9:32 am

I've been on a total Black Metal trip for the last few weeks. I've been playing loads and loads of the stuff. Some new bands have come into the fold, caught up with some of the older, not so frequent spin ones as well. I like the underground stuff most, drum machines and very basic production.

Just put an order in for the last Abigail album on record, can't wait for it to turn up.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 11:58 pm

ToB wrote:
Virtually all black metal is horrible, so you're not missing much.

Classic ToB broad-stroking an entire topic/genre... Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 438278

It seems that I tend to like the genre-mixing bands or the ones that are "blackened" rather than pure, true Black Metal. I've dug into this thread pretty deeply (periodic BM phase) and the one I like the best - Naflgar - had lyrical content I couldn't live with, but they are wildly talented.

Borknagar is now on my "want" list.

I was excited to hear that Kentucky band, but they can't decide if they're Bluegrass or Black Metal, and in my opinion, don't join the two genres in a seamless way.

I like the faster and symphonic stuff and I like it when Viking/Pagan/Folk have some BM tendencies.

Whatever Immortal Souls is, I love that. Folkearth, Wintersun (Holy Smokes!!), Bal-Sagoth , Demonic Resurrection, Crom (Vengeance is a masterpiece), Antestor's - The Forsaken is just beautiful to me.

Whatever the above bands are considered, those are who I like. ANY suggestions similar to these bands would be welcome.
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 6:17 pm

Tonight, I have an urge to play ABSU-ABZU. Talk about blending thrash and black metal!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sooooo, Black Metal...
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next