Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sooooo, Black Metal...

Go down 
+43
TheUnborn
Headbanger Man
Citanul
the joker
ZombieHavoc
Eyesore
nevermore
Short-Fuse
choosemetal
Icy Grave
mlotek
Gilbert
DakotaRogers
exanimate
mr.electric39
krokus
manny
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
jstate
Joe
James B.
SpectreFate
Witchfinder
Temple of Blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
SAHB Healer
Lari
thejokeriv
Wurthless
Sword Of The Heretic
metalhead777
Orion Crystal Ice
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
Boris2008
mc666
Leatherface
T-Roy
Shawn Of Fire
ultmetal
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 11:29 am

Without a shadow of a doubt, I'm working on building a massive Black Metal collection. I've decided that it's possibley the only style of music that really covers all bases for myself. While I really do enjoy other types of music, this is the one for me. I don't really like the Un-Black Metal material so much (just the bands do nothing for me), the mainstay of this music has got me by the balls!
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 8:49 pm

Dr8breed74 wrote:
Without a shadow of a doubt, I'm working on building a massive Black Metal collection.  I've decided that it's possibley the only style of music that really covers all bases for myself.  While I really do enjoy other types of music, this is the one for me.  I don't really like the Un-Black Metal material so much (just the bands do nothing for me), the mainstay of this music has got me by the balls!

is it the Unblack metal bands' music, or the lyrics/atmosphere doesn't jibe with you?
That is sort of why many refuse to like NSBM bands, soley due to politics/lyrics shadowing/tainting it before they listen.

For some years now, to any music, especially metal, I first just listen a bit, and then if I like it, will later check their background/lyrics to see if I will spend my money on them or even want them on my hard drive.

Once every year or two,
I purge all the bands with angles, like
pro-commie/left-wing/pro-homosexual/save the seals but let all you fishermen starve/you-are-evil-because-you-are-white-and-privileged-and-I-don't-care-if-you-really-are-poor / let's strike for more money until the company is out of biz then we can go on welfare and lose our pensions and yours too, etc etc etc and work full-time sticking it to "the man" and all these evil nazi-metal bands, because they are responsible for the starving children in Ethiopia and should pay but I am an activist and don't want to spend my money to send there or sponsor a family to live in my home but I love them and we are one family, we are one race, the human race! No, humans are not a species, we are one race with many colors just  like the reading rainbow and hey, look!, there goes a unicorn!, let's paint it pink for the gay pride parade and it can walk along with the little doggies tightly-dressed in leather S&M coats on this beautiful scorcher of a day in June, because it is all fun'n'games, let's love ! Come on people!

I an currently listening to dirty sounding Russian black metal -
Black Draugwath (Rus) - 2013 - The True Bottomless Armageddon album.
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 2:41 am

I guess the whole reason I got into more extreme music is because of a childish hate issue. I found the more people talked about it, the less I felt the urge to hate for petty reasons. It's a bit of a vague answer however, it works for myself.

Recently, I've found I've been playing music by BM's that deal with neutral subjects e.g. nature, universe and things like that. Almost turning into an old pacifist by today's standards haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 2:47 am

mlotek wrote:
Dr8breed74 wrote:
Without a shadow of a doubt, I'm working on building a massive Black Metal collection.  I've decided that it's possibley the only style of music that really covers all bases for myself.  While I really do enjoy other types of music, this is the one for me.  I don't really like the Un-Black Metal material so much (just the bands do nothing for me), the mainstay of this music has got me by the balls!

is it the Unblack metal bands' music, or the lyrics/atmosphere doesn't jibe with you?
That is sort of why many refuse to like NSBM bands, soley due to politics/lyrics shadowing/tainting it before they listen.

For some years now, to any music, especially metal, I first just listen a bit, and then if I like it, will later check their background/lyrics to see if I will spend my money on them or even want them on my hard drive.

Once every year or two,
I purge all the bands with angles, like
pro-commie/left-wing/pro-homosexual/save the seals but let all you fishermen starve/you-are-evil-because-you-are-white-and-privileged-and-I-don't-care-if-you-really-are-poor / let's strike for more money until the company is out of biz then we can go on welfare and lose our pensions and yours too, etc etc etc and work full-time sticking it to "the man" and all these evil nazi-metal bands, because they are responsible for the starving children in Ethiopia and should pay but I am an activist and don't want to spend my money to send there or sponsor a family to live in my home but I love them and we are one family, we are one race, the human race! No, humans are not a species, we are one race with many colors just  like the reading rainbow and hey, look!, there goes a unicorn!, let's paint it pink for the gay pride parade and it can walk along with the little doggies tightly-dressed in leather S&M coats on this beautiful scorcher of a day in June, because it is all fun'n'games, let's love ! Come on people!

I an currently listening to dirty sounding Russian black metal -
Black Draugwath (Rus) - 2013 - The True Bottomless Armageddon album.

How about we get off the political soapbox (humorous intent or not) and discuss music instead?  If you absolutely must then save it for the Of Unsound Mind section of the board.  

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 2:58 am

Sounds like a good idea. I guess I didn't give an example of bands I like. Wolves in The Throne Room, Old Corpse Road and anything that told a story behind the music. Cradle of Filth where one of the bands that you could see delving into fantasy quicker and quicker. I know a lot of people don't really like them however, they are masters at what they do. While I don't play them much these days, I really do respect what they've created. Check 'V Empire or Dark Faerytales in Phallustein' for a classic.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 3:30 am

I don't actually like black metal, so I've got no way of judging whether these songs are any good or not, but I thought I'd be patriotic and post a couple of South African bands.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 11:23 am

Citanul wrote:
I don't actually like black metal, so I've got no way of judging whether these songs are any good or not, but I thought I'd be patriotic and post a couple of South African bands.

Neither band are great but I like the second one a lot more than the first.

Last edited by Boris2008 on Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 6:04 pm

Pre ordered both of these from the Seasons of Mist guys

Gotta love that £ - Euro exchange rate at the moment! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 8:06 am

Dr8breed74 wrote:
Sounds like a good idea.  I guess I didn't give an example of bands I like.  Wolves in The Throne Room, Old Corpse Road and anything that told a story behind the music.  Cradle of Filth where one of the bands that you could see delving into fantasy quicker and quicker.  I know a lot of people don't really like them however, they are masters at what they do.  While I don't play them much these days, I really do respect what they've created.  Check 'V Empire or Dark Faerytales in Phallustein' for a classic.

Have you noticed that Dani Filth is starting to closely resemble Boy George these days? lol!
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 5:58 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Dr8breed74 wrote:
Sounds like a good idea.  I guess I didn't give an example of bands I like.  Wolves in The Throne Room, Old Corpse Road and anything that told a story behind the music.  Cradle of Filth where one of the bands that you could see delving into fantasy quicker and quicker.  I know a lot of people don't really like them however, they are masters at what they do.  While I don't play them much these days, I really do respect what they've created.  Check 'V Empire or Dark Faerytales in Phallustein' for a classic.

Have you noticed that Dani Filth is starting to closely resemble Boy George these days? lol!

so , we were right "in the old days" when saying Cradle of Filth was gay?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 11:20 pm

Hey Dr8breed74, You might want to get on this! (If you are still around)
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 12:35 pm

I can't not mention my current obsession

I'm not sure that these guys belong in a black metal thread, I'm not sure that they 'belong' anywhere and that's what makes this album so great! Essentially it's a prog record with heavy black and psyche elements and it's an enthralling and addictive experience. I suspect that i could pimp this one till doomsday and no-one would care but it really is something special.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 5:38 pm

This is full of old school goodness!

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 6:34 pm

I've let this thread die as the few guys who like this stuff aren't around, but there is some awesome BM music being released early this year so maybe someone might come along who cares  lol!

Incredible new album, mixes black metal with prog, psychedelia and folk with effortless grace.

A very decent new offering from a great band

Brilliant new Ghost Bath record.

Love this record.

and finally, for those who miss the early '90s, Murg  tr00
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 4:55 pm

Brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 6:36 pm

I only really like first wave Black Metal like Venom, Bathory, Mercyful Fate, and Celtic Frost. I do really like Darkthrone though and have almost all their albums but other then them the newer second wave from the 90s was sometimes so bad that some of them became humorous. Varg is a piece of shit IMHO

Do not know a lot of the current crop - but may investigate a few mentioned in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 6:51 pm

Thelemech wrote:
I only really like first wave Black Metal like Venom, Bathory, Mercyful Fate, and Celtic Frost. I do really like Darkthrone though and have almost all their albums but other then them the newer second wave from the 90s was sometimes so bad that some of them became humorous. Varg is a piece of shit IMHO

Do not know a lot of the current crop - but may investigate a few mentioned in this thread.

Weird thing is, I missed the second wave entirely as I wasn't listening to metal. I was aware of it but church burnings, grave desecrations, homophobic murders and Nazi dogma didn't really appeal (not to mention the stupid outfits)

I loved the first wave too but the newer stuff is just so diverse and has so many non metal elements to it that really push my buttons. I hope that you find something that you like in here, I would recommend Gallowbraid as they mix in a lot of stuff that will appeal to out and out metal fans.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 4:10 pm

** I hope that you find something that you like in here, I would recommend Gallowbraid as they mix in a lot of stuff that will appeal to out and out metal fans.**

Thank you and also thank you for the recommendation. I have listened to a few of the vids posted and some of it is quite interesting. I think that I could get into Panapticon(I think that is their name?)
Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 8:34 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

I'm not sure that these guys belong in a black metal thread, I'm not sure that they 'belong' anywhere and that's what makes this album so great! Essentially it's a prog record with heavy black and psyche elements and it's an enthralling and addictive  experience. I suspect that i could pimp this one till doomsday and no-one would care but it really is something special.

Yeah, totally feeling this one Wink
Thx for posting!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 12:03 am

Boris2008 wrote:

I'm not sure that these guys belong in a black metal thread, I'm not sure that they 'belong' anywhere and that's what makes this album so great! Essentially it's a prog record with heavy black and psyche elements and it's an enthralling and addictive  experience. I suspect that i could pimp this one till doomsday and no-one would care but it really is something special.

It's like Mikael Åkerfeldt and King Diamond had a love child and the love children of Blue Oyster Cult and Ghost are driving the rhythm…..
It doesn't fit into black metal and in the same breath doesn't fit into any genre…..
Cool prog black metal fusion that deserves multiple listens to appreciate the complexity……
tr00
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 6:31 am

Boris2008 wrote:

Brilliant!

I so badly want to love this due to the fantastic Lovecraft theme, but I can't quite dig this album. (yet)
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 9:17 pm

Well this is pretty wonderful

Name your price too.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 7:09 pm

I was listening to Enthroned -- Towards the skullthrone of Satan and it was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 8:29 pm

The new Myrkur is right near the top of my 'eagerly awaited' list

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 2:38 pm

Nothing original but I like it a lot!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sooooo, Black Metal...
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next