Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sooooo, Black Metal...

Go down 
+43
TheUnborn
Headbanger Man
Citanul
the joker
ZombieHavoc
Eyesore
nevermore
Short-Fuse
choosemetal
Icy Grave
mlotek
Gilbert
DakotaRogers
exanimate
mr.electric39
krokus
manny
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
jstate
Joe
James B.
SpectreFate
Witchfinder
Temple of Blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
SAHB Healer
Lari
thejokeriv
Wurthless
Sword Of The Heretic
metalhead777
Orion Crystal Ice
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
Boris2008
mc666
Leatherface
T-Roy
Shawn Of Fire
ultmetal
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 1:27 am

Those bands are what people these days refer to as "Post-Black Metal". Definitely has BM at it's core, but smothers it with a variety of other influences. Diabolical Masquerade is awesome btw.

metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 2:09 am

Despite the hatred really elitist "kvlt" black metal fans have for post-black metal. It's a really interesting genre. The Deafheaven show I saw a few months back was one of the best live show's I've been to in terms of a whole experience.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 3:09 am

mc666 wrote:
Those bands are what people these days refer to as "Post-Black Metal". Definitely has BM at it's core, but smothers it with a variety of other influences. Diabolical Masquerade is awesome btw.

They are indeed.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 8:42 am

I like the recent Darkthrone stuff, that has like a "black n' roll" thing going. Straight black metal does not appeal to me. I do like that first Mayhem. I also really liked Demonaz' solo album from 2011 or whenever, as well as the I album. Really good stuff that had other elements thrown into the mix.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 12:20 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
Despite the hatred really elitist "kvlt" black metal fans have for post-black metal. It's a really interesting genre. The Deafheaven show I saw a few months back was one of the best live show's I've been to in terms of a whole experience.

Yeah, I couldn't really care less what the kvlt brigade think. It's elitist assholes like them that put me off the genre for a long time. Deafheaven are amazing, however you want to pigeonhole them.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 12:06 pm

Not sure if anyone will dig this but I think it's incredible. Love the whole album.

Back to top Go down
the joker
Metal novice
Metal novice
the joker

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 3:52 pm

This is my "favourite Black Metal Band":

Back to top Go down
the joker
Metal novice
Metal novice
the joker

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 3:55 pm

Quote :
And I can't ever read the logos of their band names.

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 7:06 pm

the joker wrote:
This is my "favourite Black Metal Band":

Never heard THAT joke around here.  Rolling Eyes Razz 
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 7:13 pm

the joker wrote:
Quote :

Laughing very hard 

I don't get the humor.  surprised 
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 8:12 pm

Sword Of The Heretic wrote:
the joker wrote:
Quote :

Laughing very hard 

I don't get the humor.   surprised 

I can't decipher most death metal band logos the same as, or more than, a lot of black metal bands.
:/
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 9:25 pm

Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 2012BlackMetal10.korgonthurus181012

If anyone can name the band represented by this logo, WITHOUT CHEATING, you are a better man than I.
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 9:33 pm

Speaking of thatjoke this band is pretty groovy:

Last edited by Short-Fuse on Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 9:34 pm

If anyone can name the band represented by this logo, WITHOUT CHEATING, you are a better man than I.

I know this because I have the Marras album, not because I can read it. This is Korgonthurus.

mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 12:52 am

mc666 wrote:

I know this because I have the Marras album, not because I can read it. This is Korgonthurus.
really?
I thought I seen this before and it was something  like "Voidhanger" ? I know that isn't it exactly.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 3:29 am

No idea how good this band is as I don't particularly care for the genre, but there's none more black than a black metal band from Mozambique.

Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 7:07 am

I´m starting to get into some "roots" of Black Metal like Celtic Frost , but I don´t get into the whole "Norweian" stuff ...
Back to top Go down
TheUnborn
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 7:34 am

T-Roy wrote:
I have discovered one or two bands that I really enjoy like Crimson Moonlight and perhaps Antestor. Even Antestor, I tune out after awhile.

Either way, I just find the "blur" of music if you will to be a wall of mush unable to distinguish good riffs, groves, etc. It's just speed and screaming for the sake of being faster. And for me, it doesn't bring me back.

The other major negative for me personally is the high-pitched screams. I just find the majority of them like nails on a chalk board. Downright annoying. Crimson Moonlight, I dig all his vocals.

Frost Like Ashes I like as well.

I don't blame you for not finding too much interesting in the christian 'black' metal bands, you should try some satanic bands as well, a lot more to choose from.
Back to top Go down
http://www.UnbornProductions.com/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 9:53 pm

TheUnborn wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
I have discovered one or two bands that I really enjoy like Crimson Moonlight and perhaps Antestor. Even Antestor, I tune out after awhile.

Either way, I just find the "blur" of music if you will to be a wall of mush unable to distinguish good riffs, groves, etc. It's just speed and screaming for the sake of being faster. And for me, it doesn't bring me back.

The other major negative for me personally is the high-pitched screams. I just find the majority of them like nails on a chalk board. Downright annoying. Crimson Moonlight, I dig all his vocals.

I don't blame you for not finding too much interesting in the christian 'black' metal bands, you should try some satanic bands as well, a lot more to choose from.

Your kind of barking up the wrong tree there, T Roy (when was the last time he was here? I know it's been quite a while) only really listens to Chrisitan bands.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 9:59 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Not sure if anyone will dig this but I think it's incredible. Love the whole album.

I've been meaning to check out this band. Sounds good!!
Back to top Go down
TheUnborn
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 2:42 am

DallasBlack wrote:
TheUnborn wrote:
T-Roy wrote:

Your kind of barking up the wrong tree there, T Roy (when was the last time he was here? I know it's been quite a while) only really listens to Chrisitan bands.

Well, then black metal is a genre he should avoid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.UnbornProductions.com/
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:33 am

Headbanger Man wrote:
I´m starting to get into some "roots" of Black Metal like Celtic Frost , but I don´t get into the whole "Norweian" stuff ...

Norway is where most, if not all, of the elitists and "kvlt" and "tr00" fans came from and where a majority of all the most controversial bands within the black metal genre came from. I know what you mean, though. I can barely stand Darkthrone's black metal stuff (though I can listen to Transilvanian Hunger on a full moon that's aligned perfectly with the planets) and I utterly loathe Mayhem and Burzum. Emperor is okay and I'm trying to get into Immortal right now, but I'm finding it really damn hard. Really, I'm not big fans of any of the Norwegian black metal bands and I don't think I'll ever be. In my opinion, there's just better bands out there in this style that are more listenable than any of them could ever be.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 6:44 pm

I hate all of the trve kvlt stuff. All of the right wing, church burning, homosexual murdering corpse paint wearing dickheads. It put me off the genre for a long time and even now most of the stuff I like isn't really considered trve as it contains a lot of other styles rather than straight up BM. There is however a hell of a lot of creativity within the genre and a lot of the new bands floating my boat have some BM influence.

I do think some of the early Norwegian stuff is interesting but not something I listen to often as the 'necro' sound does nothing for me. IMHO the best BM I've heard has come from France, U.S, Australia & Finland.

Back to top Go down
Icy Grave
Metal student
Metal student
Icy Grave

Number of posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 7:17 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I hate all of the trve kvlt stuff. All of the right wing, church burning, homosexual murdering corpse paint wearing dickheads. It put me off the genre for a long time and even now most of the stuff I like isn't really considered trve as it contains a lot of other styles rather than straight up BM. There is however a hell of a lot of creativity within the genre and a lot of the new bands floating my boat have some BM influence.

I do think some of the early Norwegian stuff is interesting but not something I listen to often as the 'necro' sound does nothing for me. IMHO the best BM I've heard has come from France, U.S, Australia & Finland.

Hear, hear!  Very Happy 

To me, the band that really got me interested in even giving black metal a chance came from Germany. The best black metal stuff I've heard comes from there. The Germans seem to just have a fantastic reputation for crafting some of the best metal out there. If not the best, certainly the most capturing and memorable. Stuff like Lyfthrasyr and Sodom (mostly blackened thrash, but black metal influences are in their music, certainly) and Dark Fortress are all amazing and really compelled me to further give the genre a listen.

But with an exception...

Stay FAR away from Norway.  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 7:33 am

I almost feel as though I can't mention Deafheaven without needing to defend them in some way. But I'm not going to, they are a great band and their music says that louder than I ever could.

This new song "From the Kettle Onto the Coil"  which is a free download and part of Adult Swim's singles series illustrates that fact perfectly.

http://www.adultswim.com/music/singles-2014/

Can't wait for the new album
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sooooo, Black Metal...   Sooooo, Black Metal... - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sooooo, Black Metal...
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next