Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+28
David Panzer
Witchfinder
EvyMetal
CRIMSONMASK
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
springozzy
Boris2008
ShadowAngel
Sutekh
kmorg
Ricky
jstate
Wurthless
SpectreFate
nevermore
DallasBlack
Required Fields
James B.
SideShowDisaSter
thejokeriv
manny
iamrockerfun
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
exact33
tohostudios
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 12:03 am

"Big Trouble" (2001)

A diverse cast including Tim Allen, Rene Russo, Patrick Warburton, and Janene Garafalo (to name just a few) star in this wacky caper flick that features a guy who lives in a tree, a pair of inept Mob hitmen, some Russian arms dealers, the FBI, a nuclear bomb on an airplane, and a psychedelic toad. Yes, it's just as bizarre as it sounds, but it's also pretty funny stuff, as it introduces a large group of seemingly random characters and situations and then proceeds to lock everything together piece by piece. Based on the novel by humor columnist Dave Barry.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 1:24 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Big Trouble" (2001)

A diverse cast including Tim Allen, Rene Russo, Patrick Warburton, and Janene Garafalo (to name just a few) star in this wacky caper flick that features a guy who lives in a tree, a pair of inept Mob hitmen, some Russian arms dealers, the FBI, a nuclear bomb on an airplane, and a psychedelic toad. Yes, it's just as bizarre as it sounds, but it's also pretty funny stuff, as it introduces a large group of seemingly random characters and situations and then proceeds to lock everything together piece by piece. Based on the novel by humor columnist Dave Barry.

I absolutely LOVE that movie! Utterly hilarious and gonzo and works beautifully. I've probably watched it about 5 times and I think I like it more each time I see it. Dennis Farina, Zooey Deschanel and Stanley Tucci are worth mentioning for their standout roles.

Unfortunately this film was scheduled to come out the second week of September...2001. Because of the subject matter (nuclear bomb at airport) it was shelved for quite awhile and then snuck out in limited release with no advertising push in 2002. It deserved a better fate.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 8:21 am

S.D. wrote:

I absolutely LOVE that movie! Utterly hilarious and gonzo and works beautifully. I've probably watched it about 5 times and I think I like it more each time I see it. Dennis Farina, Zooey Deschanel and Stanley Tucci are worth mentioning for their standout roles.

Unfortunately this film was scheduled to come out the second week of September...2001. Because of the subject matter (nuclear bomb at airport) it was shelved for quite awhile and then snuck out in limited release with no advertising push in 2002. It deserved a better fate.

Yeah, I remember this flick getting shelved after 9/11, I was bummed cuz I'd been looking forward to it since I'm a huge fan of Dave Barry's columns and books. The movie definitely captured his unique brand of insanity.

Funny, I didn't even realize Zooey was in this movie the last time I saw it (which was probably about ten years ago)... maybe I just didn't know who she was yet.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 3:16 pm

Monday Night Raw
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 5:29 pm

Superman/Batman Public Enemies
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 8:43 pm

#2 Florida being destroyed by Arkansas. Watching ranked teams from Florida get clobbered always makes me smile.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 9:38 pm

Saw these in the theater:

Warm Bodies

Argo
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 9:45 pm

ABCs Of Death
Watched A through E so far. I think A and D are the best to this point.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 12:26 am

"Battle Beyond the Stars" (1980)

Roger Corman's semi-classic "Star Wars" cash-in is essentially a space-faring "Magnificent Seven," as Richard "John-Boy Walton" Thomas recruits a crew of stellar mercenaries to defend his peace-loving planet from invasion by the evil Count Sador (Boo! Hiss!).

The cast is a virtual "who's who" of B-filmdom including John Saxon, Robert Vaughn, George Peppard and Sybil Danning, the special effects are surprisingly well done (especially by Corman standards) and the whole thing is simply charming, action packed Saturday-matinee fun.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 1:05 am

Witchfinder wrote:

Warm Bodies

Argo

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 2:22 am

Tom & Jerry
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 3:12 am

3rd Rock From The Sun
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18928

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 3:36 am

Dual Survival
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 1:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Battle Beyond the Stars" (1980)

Roger Corman's semi-classic "Star Wars" cash-in is essentially a space-faring "Magnificent Seven," as Richard "John-Boy Walton" Thomas recruits a crew of stellar mercenaries to defend his peace-loving planet from invasion by the evil Count Sador (Boo! Hiss!).

The cast is a virtual "who's who" of B-filmdom including John Saxon, Robert Vaughn, George Peppard and Sybil Danning, the special effects are surprisingly well done (especially by Corman standards) and the whole thing is simply charming, action packed Saturday-matinee fun.

Sybil Danning looked hot as hell in that movie. I had seen that on broadcast tv at one time where they actually blurred out her cleavage.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 3:31 pm

Here Comes The Boom
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 7:13 pm

"Hang 'Em High" (1968)

A young and bad-ass Clint Eastwood stars in this old-school Western revenge saga as a would-be rancher who nearly gets lynched when he's mistaken for a cattle rustler. After he recovers, he joins the Federal Marshals and then embarks on a personal mission to get even with the men who almost killed him.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 12:16 am

"Maniac Cop 3: Badge of Silence" (1993)

In the 3rd installment of the horror-action series, killer cop Matt Cordell is brought back from the dead (again) thanks to a voodoo spell, and he's fixated on a female NYPD officer who's been gravely wounded in the line of duty. Robert D'Avi returns from "Maniac Cop 2" to try and prevent her from becoming the unwilling Bride of the Maniac.

"Badge of Silence" concentrates less on the "horror" end of things and more towards the "action" (it also ends with one of the most ridiculous car chase scenes ever put to celluloid) but overall, "MC3" provides plenty of carnage and enough over-the-top violence to satisfy most adrenaline junkies.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 1:00 am

S.D. wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Warm Bodies

Argo

Thoughts?

Both were good. Warm Bodies was a funny twist on the zombie movie. A bit Romcom for my tastes but enjoyable. Argo was excellent. I remember the story from when it happened but the movie had me on the edge of my seat. It was very tense and compelling. I highly recommend it, and this is coming from someone that can't stand Ben Affleck .
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 1:03 am

Saw these in the theater today:

Stand Up Guys - god awful movie. I was very disappointed. The jokes all fell flat. Avoid.

Broken City - this is was a good, modern noir film. I think that Mark Wahlberg is a better supporting actor than a lead, but he carried it off here. I suggest a rental on this one.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 10:57 am

Witchfinder wrote:

I think that Mark Wahlberg is a better supporting actor than a lead, but he carried it off here.

For me it depends on the subject matter of the movie

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 12:56 pm

Electrified: The Guitar Revolution - Narrated by Henry Rollins

History of the electric guitar on the Smithsonian channel
https://www.youtube.com/show/electrified

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 2:34 pm

King Of The Mountain (1981)

I remembered this movie vividly though I hadn't seen it since around 1982 when it played on HBO. Harry Hamlin (Clash Of The Titans, Veronica Mars) and his friends race Mulholland Drive in the Hollywood hills while crazed lunatic Cal (Dennis Hopper) plots to take back his title as "King Of The Mountain". Holds up quite well, good LA location shooting and nicely choreographed/filmed racing sequences.

This film has been in ownership limbo for the past 25 years, never released on DVD I ended up watching an old VHS dub I found online.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 3:07 pm

American Folk Blues Festival Volume 1

Got volume II and III on deck for later

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 6:16 pm

Global Metal
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 6:38 pm

Star Trek TNG: Season 2, disc 3.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next