Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sabbath - *The official thread*

Go down 
+66
Lari
Addy
choosemetal
Runicen
Glower
TrogDawn
mlotek
Thelemech
MetalRob331
MoonChild
Required Fields
akeldama
Joe
chilejay7
MetallicSeminarian
Vexer6
Chairman_Smith
brokentulsa
sheets
ElectricEye93
AutumnShantel
ZombieHavoc
Dellocatus
iamrockerfun
BillRoxx
DevZor
candlemass
SycoMantis91
corplhicks
kmorg
deathisgain
ultmetal
A Handful of Wayne
DallasBlack
Eyesore
journeyman
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
chewie
ShadowAngel
Lurideath
Boris2008
SpectreFate
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
Gilbert
Doomedpoet
ozzman
jstate
Troublezone
James B.
Dark Horseman
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
Alex Dee Rokket
nevermore
MEGATRON
thejokeriv
exact33
manny
metalinmyveins
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
Psychotron
70 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 12:54 pm

I heard it last night and it sounded good to me. Nothing brain-melting, but it's more good stuff from Iommi and Butler.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 12:59 pm

I've heard this 6 times so far. Its a good album. Zeitgeist isn't so good to me but I am quite digging the rest of it! I wasn's a fan of Planet Caravan and hate it more now since Pantera covered it. Ozzy doesn't sound bad but he's never sounded great either. He still has character and a lot of heart. Listening to this new album, it shows.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:17 pm

S.D. wrote:
candlemass wrote:
No doubt "Fused" and "The Devil You Know" will prove to be much better!

I truly consider Black Sabbath with Ozzy and Black Sabbath with Dio to be completely different bands.

I agree. In my youth I favored the Dio era and merely respected the Ozzy era. That has changed now and consider both equally good and for different reasons.

As far as 13, I listened to the iTunes stream and found that I liked it. Not the same as the 70's output, but again I don't expect 30 plus years to just disappear. Ozzy sounds like he's in middle age and so does Tony and Geezer. I'm still going to get it when it comes out and think I'll enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:04 am

Was not my intention to haggle over what is "the real Sabbath", just think those last two lp's w/Tony Iommi will prove to be better. Don't understand why more wasn't made of "Fused", it's a great lp!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 2:17 pm

IF they decide to make a new album, I hope they make something that don't sound like this does. I like this album but I just think they have could have done better. Instead of making an album that would follow up Master of Reality, they could have continued the formula they were doing on The Devil You Know or something. It would have really fit. I guess this is wishful thinking though!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:52 pm

No they couldn't, that lp was made w/Dio, and w/his vocals in mind, couldn't see Ozzy singing "Bible Black!" Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 11:04 pm

Stylistically this album is very much what I had hoped for and it's actually much better than I expected it to be. 70s Sabbath is some of my favorite music of all-time, I'm happy to hear them going back and exploring more of that sound again 38 years later.

I've listened to the album about 8 times now and it still gets better each time I play it.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 5:57 am

"Black Sabbath" is Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Bill Ward and Ozzy Osbourne." --Ozzy on the "Last Supper" dvd

By his own definition, not even this is "the real Sabbath!"
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 7:12 am

I don't care what it is or isn't. I just like it, they are doing that old 70's sound for now and I'm really cool with it. I haven't been this impressed with an album carrying the Sabbath name in a long, long time. (probably Mob Rules)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 10:06 am

exact33 wrote:
so the best buy version has an additional track in addition to the 3 bonus tracks. Going to best buy twice in two weeks i guess.

Here's the Best Buy 2 cd version for $15.99:

Disc 1
1. End of the Beginning
2. God Is Dead?
3. Loner
4. Zeitgeist
5. Age of Reason
6. Live Forever
7. Damaged Soul
8. Dear Father
Disc 2
1. Methademic
2. Peace of Mind
3. Pariah
4. Naïveté in Black*

*That's the exclusive Best Buy track.

There is also a bundle pack with the double disc and a t-shirt for $29.99

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:32 pm

So I walked into a local record store about 4 days ago and guess what I see on the front shelf for sale..that's right, the store jumped the gun and was selling 13 on CD and Vinyl long before the release date.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 10:06 am

Official video for 'God is Dead?'

Neat-o.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 12:27 pm

I think i'm agreeing with Lurideath so far. Good but not blowing me away and I think it's the lack of tempo change throughout most of the album. Live Forever is good, gets a little speedier but overall it's very slow chugga chugga. Almost like a Place of Skulls album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I think i'm agreeing with Lurideath so far. Good but not blowing me away and I think it's the lack of tempo change throughout most of the album. Live Forever is good, gets a little speedier but overall it's very slow chugga chugga. Almost like a Place of Skulls album.

I haven't heard the new Sabbath yet, but I had the some complaint about the latest Alice in Chains album. Every song is the same slow, sludgy tempo.

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Seems people are hearing a different album than the one I'm playing. There aren't any hyper-speed fast songs, but there are most definitely tempo and mood changes throughout the album. If people just sampled some of the intros they might think that, but they would be mistaken.

(there is a lot more variety to the tempo and rhythm changes on 13 than there was on The Devil You Know for example)

A couple of the bonus tracks are a little more upbeat but honestly aren't as successful.

Classic Sabbath was always much more about the HEAVY than the metal.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 3:52 pm

I still don't like the vox, but the music on 13 is great. Not to into the "Planet Caravan" type song(I don't like PC either), but digging the heavy sludge.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 4:14 pm

I'm also surprised that ITunes didn't release release a version with non-CD tracks.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 4:40 pm

It's a solid record for sure...I'm surprised at how good Ozzy actually sounds.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 5:28 pm

I have the deluxe version pre-ordered from Best Buy. Just waiting on it to arrive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 6:06 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
It's a solid record for sure...I'm surprised at how good Ozzy actually sounds.

I was as well. His vocals are actually less processed on this album than they have been on any of his studio albums of the past 20 years.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 6:26 pm

Just got my copy (deluxe) this morning. This is THE album of the year, no matter what else is released this year. Every track is phenomenal. If I had to be critical of anything, it would probably be the opener being only slightly derivative of Black Sabbath (song). But that is by far a minor complaint when I've heard it three times now and love it more and more. Ozzy sounds great, the tempo changes are there, Tony's riffs are sludgy, catchy goodness, Geezer's tone hasn't changed, and the packaging is great (love the Vertigo label print). I went in with high expectations still those were topped.

Also, I rarely get emotional over a record but hearing Tony play his heart out like this brought some tears to my eyes. Really hope this guy beats the cancer.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 6:44 pm

I was just reading a guy on-line having a discussion with his teenage daughter who claims that One-Direction is musically superior to Black Sabbath? Hahahahaha! Well, I need a good laugh.

Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 6:57 pm

I just listened to my best buy extra track version and I have to say, this is an excellent Black Sabbath album. Ozzy sounds good. Tony is real emotional on this one. Geezer is right there with Tony and it is great. I'm impressed. No favs yet. I need to carve out some time to spin this some more. This cd sound great in the car.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Finished up listening to the CD and two of the bonus tracks - sounds like they could have released it in 1974 \m/

I need to listened to it more and let it sink in, but my initial reaction is that it's a good album.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:18 pm

Listened through once. Sounds great to me.

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath - *The official thread*
Page 20 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next